The Coles Thread (1 Viewer)

inter108

HSC
oh, and just a question regarding transfers. i just recently moved residence so i'm quite far away from the store that i am working in. i still want to work at coles, but i prefer it if it's a nearer store. Do I have to go through the entire online application again or is there a special procedure for transferring from one store to another?
And how do I go about with the employer referees? Should I cite the line manager(who's quite new, and probably cn't even recall my name), or would any of the supervisors do?

I'm in the same situation

greekgun

HSC
We got one of those put up as well, how do they calculate it? I've always thought I was pretty good @ scanning.
Dunno, i think its worked out if u get under 30 (as in 30 items scanned per minute) u get a "needs impoving" and a red sticker, if u get 40 or under u get a "satisfactory" and a green sticker, if u get 50 or under u get a "good" and a silver and anything 50 and above is excellent and u get a gold sticker. but coles serriously suxs at giving us workers incentives to work harder - as if putting up our scan rates for the public to see are ganna make us work harder; give us a raise if we scan well or something if u want us 2 work harder.

bdude

HSC
Dunno, i think its worked out if u get under 30 (as in 30 items scanned per minute) u get a "needs impoving" and a red sticker, if u get 40 or under u get a "satisfactory" and a green sticker, if u get 50 or under u get a "good" and a silver and anything 50 and above is excellent and u get a gold sticker. but coles serriously suxs at giving us workers incentives to work harder - as if putting up our scan rates for the public to see are ganna make us work harder; give us a raise if we scan well or something if u want us 2 work harder.
Oh, our store just puts up this sheet semi-regular of the top 3 scan rate performances. I think the numbers are in the 100+ range.

jirwin

HSC
Anyone heard/seen/got the new uniform shirts? Friend saw it on the news when we had the appeal but I didn't think anything of it because I hadn't heard about it before but tonight I was told there is a rumour that we are getting brown shirts. The overhead thingy above the registers which hold the lights was painted the other night too - brownish/biege. My supervisor was like 'they are turning us into mushrooms'.

So anyone got any information? They better not make us pay for them.

decypher

HSC
We got one of those put up as well, how do they calculate it? I've always thought I was pretty good @ scanning.
They have two ways.

1. Items Scanned/Time Signed in

2. Items per transaction/Transaction time*

Scan Rate= Average of 1 and 2.

For everyone else saying that get scan rates of 100+ items per minute, I don't believe you because our store average is around 11 item per minute. I know we're a slow store but we're not that far off the pace.

As for new uniform, i'll ask about it tomorrow.

* I know this is wrong as the formula is (X+Y)/Transaction time. I'll look at what X and Y is next time I get the data for my staff.

greekgun

HSC
They have two ways.

1. Items Scanned/Time Signed in

2. Items per transaction/Transaction time*

Scan Rate= Average of 1 and 2.

For everyone else saying that get scan rates of 100+ items per minute, I don't believe you because our store average is around 11 item per minute. I know we're a slow store but we're not that far off the pace.

As for new uniform, i'll ask about it tomorrow.

* I know this is wrong as the formula is (X+Y)/Transaction time. I'll look at what X and Y is next time I get the data for my staff.
if u scan 100 items a min that means u scan 1.67 items a second. Sounds pretty impossible. Our highest scan rate is around 60 something but not sure about our average.

CieL

HSC
It depends on what kind of customers you get.

Some stores, like the 11 items per min, might be due to people purchasing like 3 items.. and then spend god knows how long picking up loose change from the bottom of their bag.
And then you get a few customers here and there..

Whereas the stores with the higher numbers may be due to them scanning trolley loads of goods before the time is slowed down via the cash/eftpos transaction.. and i'm guessing you pretty much have an unlimited stream of customers too

greekgun

HSC
I had the most fucked up dream last night after reading about some new coles shirts - i dreamed that i was working at coles and i was wearing my usualy blue shirt and then some old customer started yelling at me to put on the new shirts so i did and then i started working at safeway. It was a very wiered dream...and probably also a sign that i work at coles too much.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
I saw a coles with green logo's in Victoria today?? New colour now is it?

greekgun

HSC
I havent gotten any shifts in 2 weeks (end of this week will make it 3) and ive called in a few times and they say they have no shifts which make me go rawr because there giving all the shifts to all the new recruits. Suk ma balls coles im applying for safeway.

bdude

HSC
I see laundry detergents are changing to concentrates. I wonder how many dumb oldies will complain that it's going up in price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)