The Coles Thread (1 Viewer)

Club Orange

HSC
At least I'm doing better than my friend who was marked as unavailable for a whole week for some reason and didn't get any shifts for four weeks.
Yup, thats all the fun and excitment of working for Coles! Like getting piles is fun and exciting I suppose.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
hey, does anyone know what brand of self-serve checkouts coles is using?

miloshmaccas

HSC
Re: job at coles

hey i wanna apply for a job at coles just wondering how good your resume has to be coz my mate said it has to be really really good.
after workin at maccas for 3 years im over it.

help any info or advice would be nice haha
cheers

sach1990

HSC

hey i wanna apply for a job at coles just wondering how good your resume has to be coz my mate said it has to be really really good.
after workin at maccas for 3 years im over it.

help any info or advice would be nice haha
cheers
fuck coles...try woolworths..ull get a job within a year.

iNerd

Banned
HSC

i didn't even realise they actually contacted people
after you applied...

Trentyboi

HSC
OMG I AM SO PISSED OF AT THE SERVICE MANAGER RIGHT NOW!!

She has given me shifts that are outside of my available hours for the past four weeks. I'm not a f-ing magician lady, I can't get from school to home to work in twenty minutes.

At least I'm doing better than my friend who was marked as unavailable for a whole week for some reason and didn't get any shifts for four weeks.
What Coles you work at mate? I'm in Queensland too. Coles Central!

Trentyboi

HSC
By the way, what the fuck?

I work at Coles Central right. Almost all of my co-workers on service (even supervisors) are so fucking rediculous. Many of whom are foreign with English not being their first language and they are so rude to foreign customers for the sole fact that their English isn't the best and they don't know what 'Fly Bys' is.

I feel so bad, when they ask once, and the customer doesn't understand and then they start speaking so rude. Especially most of the Australian workers, they're the worst (I'm Australian too by the way).

Anyways, yesterday when I was doing the baskets, some Korean chick came up to me and put a note in my shirt pocket. Had a note saying how nice I was to her and had her number. If ANY managers ever bitch about my service, I'll just pull out that note.

I hate it when retards ask for their bags to be 'doubled' after I've done them. I say no nearly every time now. And sometimes I pick up the bag and move it up and down to prove it can hold the weight. Oh yeah, and I hate customers that explain to me why they need a bag when I ask them. Remembering that I work in Coles Central and most transactions are less than one basket.

I hate rude people, I guess that's why the customers love me so much (only been working at Coles for three months, had worked at Kmart before), because nearly everyone else treats them like shit. :santa:

greekgun

HSC
By the way, what the fuck?

I work at Coles Central right. Almost all of my co-workers on service (even supervisors) are so fucking rediculous. Many of whom are foreign with English not being their first language and they are so rude to foreign customers for the sole fact that their English isn't the best and they don't know what 'Fly Bys' is.

I feel so bad, when they ask once, and the customer doesn't understand and then they start speaking so rude. Especially most of the Australian workers, they're the worst (I'm Australian too by the way).

Anyways, yesterday when I was doing the baskets, some Korean chick came up to me and put a note in my shirt pocket. Had a note saying how nice I was to her and had her number. If ANY managers ever bitch about my service, I'll just pull out that note.

I hate it when retards ask for their bags to be 'doubled' after I've done them. I say no nearly every time now. And sometimes I pick up the bag and move it up and down to prove it can hold the weight. Oh yeah, and I hate customers that explain to me why they need a bag when I ask them. Remembering that I work in Coles Central and most transactions are less than one basket.

I hate rude people, I guess that's why the customers love me so much (only been working at Coles for three months, had worked at Kmart before), because nearly everyone else treats them like shit. :santa:
bahaha
i dont know how u can stand working at one of those coles
theres 1 in the city and the lines are always fucking busy and the workers there dont stop scanning til the end of their shift.

Trentyboi

HSC
bahaha
i dont know how u can stand working at one of those coles
theres 1 in the city and the lines are always fucking busy and the workers there dont stop scanning til the end of their shift.
It's not too bad here in Brisbane. But in the next few years it'll get worse and worse. Because Brisbane was a small city, but in the last few years there's been a massive boom.

I just hate rude people, it's one of those things that really gets to me. That and people who are retarded (not literally, but you know what I mean). I work with both of them :(

Trentyboi

HSC
What's a Coles Central?
Coles' that are located in the CBD of major cities and are generally smaller than that of suburban stores (well the two in Brisbane are). They also don't follow the promotions that are advertised online and/or in the catalogues. Which is because we have only such limited space for our stock.

I think my store has the highest rate of turnover of stock in Australia, or Queensland? Not sure. Irrespective, it's a very busy place where most customers have less than one full basket's amount of goods.

Just a couple weeks ago, we introduced these cute new trolleys that allow people to have two baskets, and I believe now we only keep 1-2 'normal' trolleys accessible for the customers.

circleTheory

HSC
i consider myself somewhat lucky to have gotten a job at coles considering the fact that i hadnt ever had one and secondly because this coles is the showcase store in South Australia modelled on the store at Ivanhoe in Vic.

We wear brown shirts and our store looks like a market garden. lovely...... but that doesnt excuse the fact that a donkey's anus could have organised trainee time more efficiently than what transpired.

I started yesterday working 8 til 5 training. i worked through that dumb training module and to be perfectly honest it went in one ear and out the other as has been stated here many a time. I just couldnt concentrate and because its SO generic only certain things ported from that to my store.

when you dont have stupid moron customers blatantly coming down your aisle when it says "we'll server you at another lane", the EFT system being offline and all transactions having to be signed for AND when purchases over $200 customers must go to the service desk i am sure it would be a pleasant training time.

Considering all this crap happened in store complete with self righteous crapnugget customers blasting management not two aisles over it was an effing nightmare to concentrate. I accept that all the staff were hogtied down with remedial errands but considering only two of us were training its really not that difficult to say either come back tomorrow or man up with the other operators doing service. hats off to them for nullifying the crisis. but jeez.

No no. we cant any form of logical response to crisis at coles. that would indicate a level of thinking. Instead i was asked to pack bags for the other checkout operators and at one point asked to direct people to free express lane operators..... i was getting more praise than the operators for actually doing things efficiently and they saw fit only to have my training partner work in the express lane whilst i did more packing. i didnt even get supervised operator work. even at 4 in the arvo....... it had died down quite a bit by then.

The upshot of this unecessary debacle is i have far from a clue as to the full range of things i have to go through to process payment other then cash and eftpos and the thing i am really worried about is when items scan wrongly and i must get a price check and delete things and explain in no less words taken to write War and Peace about what has happened. I hate being slow and a time waster, especially when i have to screw around all day fixing the fact that either customers refuse to look with their eyes or that the store itself cant get things right.

i work today. 2 til 6. hopefully someone can help me do the right thing and not screw up as much.

they dont send soldiers to the front line without some form of training these days, so why should the front line of coles be any different?

its a ridiculous analogy but i think they could have organised two people a touch better in the face of tough store conditions. i guess they dont give a rats tossbag about initiates.

Trentyboi

HSC
i consider myself somewhat lucky to have gotten a job at coles considering the fact that i hadnt ever had one and secondly because this coles is the showcase store in South Australia modelled on the store at Ivanhoe in Vic.

We wear brown shirts and our store looks like a market garden. lovely...... but that doesnt excuse the fact that a donkey's anus could have organised trainee time more efficiently than what transpired.

I started yesterday working 8 til 5 training. i worked through that dumb training module and to be perfectly honest it went in one ear and out the other as has been stated here many a time. I just couldnt concentrate and because its SO generic only certain things ported from that to my store.

when you dont have stupid moron customers blatantly coming down your aisle when it says "we'll server you at another lane", the EFT system being offline and all transactions having to be signed for AND when purchases over $200 customers must go to the service desk i am sure it would be a pleasant training time.

Considering all this crap happened in store complete with self righteous crapnugget customers blasting management not two aisles over it was an effing nightmare to concentrate. I accept that all the staff were hogtied down with remedial errands but considering only two of us were training its really not that difficult to say either come back tomorrow or man up with the other operators doing service. hats off to them for nullifying the crisis. but jeez.

No no. we cant any form of logical response to crisis at coles. that would indicate a level of thinking. Instead i was asked to pack bags for the other checkout operators and at one point asked to direct people to free express lane operators..... i was getting more praise than the operators for actually doing things efficiently and they saw fit only to have my training partner work in the express lane whilst i did more packing. i didnt even get supervised operator work. even at 4 in the arvo....... it had died down quite a bit by then.

The upshot of this unecessary debacle is i have far from a clue as to the full range of things i have to go through to process payment other then cash and eftpos and the thing i am really worried about is when items scan wrongly and i must get a price check and delete things and explain in no less words taken to write War and Peace about what has happened. I hate being slow and a time waster, especially when i have to screw around all day fixing the fact that either customers refuse to look with their eyes or that the store itself cant get things right.

i work today. 2 til 6. hopefully someone can help me do the right thing and not screw up as much.

they dont send soldiers to the front line without some form of training these days, so why should the front line of coles be any different?

its a ridiculous analogy but i think they could have organised two people a touch better in the face of tough store conditions. i guess they dont give a rats tossbag about initiates.
It's Coles.

Even when you're new, you don't need to think. That's the best thing, you can zone out for your whole shift!

laniani

HSC
as shocking as this seems from reading this thread...I'm actually really enjoying working as coles so far....I would like more hours, but they've got all casuals limited to like 3 shifts atm...so at least its fair. And we have a couple of hundred employees, so I get to meet new people almost every shift :D
and i usually work when all the oldies shop..and they seem to love me...

havent had much annoyance....besides one customer asking me on like my 2nd week to do everything in $30 lots AFTER I'd already gone through $200 worth...and thereby, making me delete $170, basically starting again...

berabe

HSC
hi all
does anyone know how long can i get a break in Coles for 6 hours shift and how many hours i will get pay for 6 hours shift.
and also how much is the rate for 2IC (second in charge) in fresh produce? is it different with other staff?
cheers

Last edited:

jirwin

HSC
hi all
does anyone know how long can i get a break in Coles for 6 hours shift and how many hours i will get pay for 6 hours shift.
I could be wrong but I think its a 30min unpaid break for 6hrs.

mitch179

HSC
I could be wrong but I think its a 30min unpaid break for 6hrs.
Generally, with 6 hours you can choose to have a 30min unpaid break or a 15min paid break.
That's what I can do at Target anyway

CieL

HSC
Why is double bagging such a huge problem?
I have customers that lug their groceries onto the bus/train to get home and it would be hell if I was doing that and a bag broke. Some goods have sharp corners that eventually break the bag if handled awhile longer.
It's not that hard. If they want double bags, just ask them to lift each bag up whilst you slip a bag from the bottom up. It takes an extra split second per bag if you're efficient.

When a customer starts explaining why they want a bag, just say "that's fine" *smile* and they will shut up instantly.

Seriously. Complaining about nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)