The Coles Thread (1 Viewer)

jirwin

HSC
Woot, got a block of Dairy Milk for having the highest scan rate for the week, apparently they're caring about that again now.
I saw mine for the 12th June. 10.61. Didn't realise I was so slow. Makes me wonder what the scan rate is for some other people.

bdude

HSC
I saw mine for the 12th June. 10.61. Didn't realise I was so slow. Makes me wonder what the scan rate is for some other people.
Mine was 11/minute, across 7.5 hours I scanned ~1700 items.

jirwin

HSC
Mine was 11/minute, across 7.5 hours I scanned ~1700 items.
congrats. must find out what my store target is. to be fair, those that had the higher scan rates were people that are mostly on self serve/smokeshop

bdude

HSC
congrats. must find out what my store target is. to be fair, those that had the higher scan rates were people that are mostly on self serve/smokeshop
Yeah, when they put up the "Top 3" they exclude the regular supervisors and people who only go on register when it's "priority one"

Trentyboi

HSC
It's been a lovely run for me at Coles Groups. Started work at Kmart in year 10, on service for a year, and then worked in layby and general merchandise for about 2 or so years.

After, I transferred to Brisbane to work at Coles (moved from the Gold Coast to Brisbane to study). Worked on service for about 10 months, and then worked in fresh produce since December. Now that my manager is leaving, and I don't need to work so much before of Youth Allowance, from next Sunday I'm going to work in deli for just 4-5 hours every week.

I'll miss fresh produce though, I believe it's pretty much the most independent department, especially when I worked until 10pm on Sundays, being the only person in the entire shop for 3 and a half hours.

But I'll probably have to quit in a few months, as I'm going to Japan during the summer break.

Bundah Fatso

HSC
W00t W00t, my (maybe) last shift at Gungahlin ACT is tomorrow!!!

I said that I would take 8 weeks off, but I might transfer to a new store (maybe even interstate)...

Are there any employees of Coles Queanbeyan NSW, Manuka ACT, or Claremont WA on these forums? What do you think of your managers?

bdude

HSC
Does anyone here know why I would have been paid at "Ord 1.22" (about 20c more an hour) for a shift I did on saturday?

Zozo6969

HSC
Does anyone here know why I would have been paid at "Ord 1.22" (about 20c more an hour) for a shift I did on saturday?
if ur a casual then ur ordinary pay on ur payslip is 1.2, ie. 20% loading on top of PT/FT rate.

TheSilentOne

HSC
I had a quick look through the agreement and the only mention of that rate is for team members employed before like 1997 where the old casual loading was 22% and hence team members would continue to earn that while they remained employed.

However as I am sure this is not the case for you, the only thing I can think of is an administration error.

You can view the agreement for yourself here

wistle

HSC
Wow, I thought Coles staff scan at about the same rate as Woolworths. At woolies (well at my store any way) they want us to be over 15 per minutet. Most people are between 14 and 19.

greekgun

HSC
On Sundays I work in the meat department, rest of the time I'm up front in customer service. Anywho, last Sunday our regional manager comes past and everyone goes nuts, running around making shit tidy etc. So the boss needs someone to go on the PA and announce specials every 10 minutes so the regional manager thinks we do this regularly. You would think that he would have asked someone up front to do it, as they are 10 secs away from the mic, but nooo he begs me to do it, so I have to walk all the way from the back to the front every 10 mins.

Long story short, everyone in management is a gimp.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Damn it. I applied for Coles around a year ago, and I never received any reply from them. Now I've forgotten my username and password, and have decided to apply with a completely different account/email instead for several stores (with an availability of 7 days per week).

If I do not receive a reply from them in a week, would it be a good idea to visit the store manager and speak to them about it? I suppose it shows you're keen... I wish I had done this earlier last year, but I was too into gaming.

Cheers.

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
fucking hell hate it how big chains hire in periods....
why can't they just hire all year round like the little people

tried at my local coles but full pakis and filipinos, no openings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)