• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Cricket Thread (2 Viewers)

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
Re: The Official Cricket Thread

oh wow lol i didnt know teams were getting cut. haha yea indians are sore losers. Liek when symonds accused harbajhan of being racist, rather than standing and fighting the case they threatened to get on a plane and go home. pathetic response. Cant stand ravi shastri either most biased commentator ive ever heard
Cmon, I love him haha you have to love bias commentators, like the New Zealand commentators in rugby league lol

michaeljennings

HSC

Cmon, I love him haha you have to love bias commentators, like tHe New Zealand commentators in rugby league lol
HAHAHAH dont get me started on the nz league commentators, radio or fox sports both are ridiculous to listen to!!! I wouldnt mind punching ravi shastri in the face LOL

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

Bill Lawry is also biased.

and lol Warne-Murali trophy, named after a drug cheat and a chucker

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad

Kaz, i hate you, that is all

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad

HAHAHAH dont get me started on the nz league commentators, radio or fox sports both are ridiculous to listen to!!! I wouldnt mind punching ravi shastri in the face LOL
I love it when they talk about matt Utai hahah or manu

michaeljennings

HSC

Pretty much every offspinner chucks nowadays, murali was jsut the only one to take bags of wickets.

halapenyo

HSC

doesnt murali have some weird shaped arm (i think iirc he cant fully straighted his arm, it is always at an angle to his elbow) and thats the reason he looks like he chucks?

michaeljennings

HSC

im hoping the sri lankan one day team can provide a decent contest this series like they have the last two times they toured Australia, the test series was embarrassing =(

michaeljennings

HSC

doesnt murali have some weird shaped arm (i think iirc he cant fully straighted his arm, it is always at an angle to his elbow) and thats the reason he looks like he chucks?
yea theres some defect or something. TBH i dont know how he can turn the ball like that with the action he has so kudos to him for being able too. I have a problem with the way marlon samuels chucks though, not to get turn but to get heaps of speed off no run up. Thats the real reason why chucking is outlawed so people cant jsut come in off a short run and throw it like a baseball pitcher or whatever

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

oh wow lol i didnt know teams were getting cut. haha yea indians are sore losers. Liek when symonds accused harbajhan of being racist, rather than standing and fighting the case they threatened to get on a plane and go home. pathetic response. Cant stand ravi shastri either most biased commentator ive ever heard
It's weird though, they were getting cut but then being replaced by another team in the same city. I can't remember what they were called but it was the worst name for a team I have ever heard =S

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad

I didn't know until last week that Billy Bowden has arthritis and that's why he can't fully extend his finger, i just thought he was a dickhead haha. Saying that what he does for dead balls and 6's is all him so still a semi-dickhead

Verify

HSC

All the commentators are biased. The ones that aren't as much I reckon are Mark Nicholas and Tubby.

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad

Wasn't there some pakistan spinner who could bowl 110-120 quicker balls? LOL thats gotta be a chuck

halapenyo

HSC

im hoping the sri lankan one day team can provide a decent contest this series like they have the last two times they toured Australia, the test series was embarrassing =(
two words: Lasith Malinga

that is all

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

I didn't know until last week that Billy Bowden has arthritis and that's why he can't fully extend his finger, i just thought he was a dickhead haha. Saying that what he does for dead balls and 6's is all him so still a semi-dickhead
I like it in T20, adds to the entertainment! Haven't even noticed it as much in tests match lately even though he has been umpiring matches.

Verify

HSC

Yeah, it's disappointing to see Sanga and Kulesekara to name a few out injured. Although I must say Lakmal (I think that was his name) and Praseed were pretty good.

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad

All the commentators are biased. The ones that aren't as much I reckon are Mark Nicholas and Tubby.
Did anyone see his commentary after the lunch break or tea break I'm not sure which one, when Ed Cowan blocked the ball. It was something like "Beautiful, strong, confident, decisive forward defence". I was like fak off kent i want bill

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC

Ah alright, though a Western Sydney team that plays at the most inaccessible stadium in "Western" Sydney? hmm, i think they stuffed up with their research

ANZ is a pain to get to. It's train to Lidcombe, get off, train to Olympic Park, and then a 1km walk to the stadium.

but then again is there another cricket ground that could host things like that... which is iffy

Giants AFL place in Blacktown that's in the middle of nowhere :p

That said, BBL is good to watch for a bit of entertainment.
Are you fucked in the head mate? ANZ is the most accessible stadium in western sydney. Where else do you propose they play? Also, the stadium's like a 10 minute walk max, and that's if you're in a huge crowd and you're heading round to the opposite side.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

Hoping Gayle can go well, even if it would be funny if Thunder lost all their matches i think for Sixers to have any chance at getting in to the finals they have to rely on Thunder to have a very good match along with many other specific results lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)