HSC
Re: The Official Cricket Thread

good to see dave warner playing well.

Michael clarke in top form as usual.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

can we chase down 628 or whatever it is?

hmm

halapenyo

HSC

can we chase down 628 or whatever it is?

hmm
no. but we bat deep so might be able to come close.

all depends on how watson and ponting go. the others are in form.

amanhaydos

HSC

Jackson Bird to debut on the Boxing Day Test. Thoughts?

RishBonjour

HSC

ahhaha bad luck pakistan. + dead cricket thread.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

So anyone watching BBL? Kinda sucks the Sydney teams have gone so bad but ahh well...

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Just a question about that... what's the difference between the 6ers and Thunder. I know 6ers play the SCG and Thunder play at ANZ... or the other way around, but is there like a marked difference between the two?

I don't understand the point of two Sydney teams if there's no like... difference. Maybe if one was like bling-bling and the other would be sort of hard yards and hard yakka thing...

Also I watch it at times but I don't really feel any connection to any team so I watch it as a neutral. I enjoy the spin bowlers the most, personally. Probably because I myself bowl off spin.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

They just felt the Melbourne and Sydney sides had to be split up for a fair competition i think. Supposedly Thunder were almost a Western Sydney team and Sixers were supposed to be for eastern sydney but that hasn't made any difference. I read somewhere that Cricket Australia were wanting Thunder to recruit Indian, Sri Lankan players etc. to increase the fan base among the asian population.

If there was a real Western Sydney team i'd support them but both teams have alright players and i supported Thunder last year (despite not watching any matches) and decided to swap and support Sixers this year because Warner swapped teams.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Ah alright, though a Western Sydney team that plays at the most inaccessible stadium in "Western" Sydney? hmm, i think they stuffed up with their research

ANZ is a pain to get to. It's train to Lidcombe, get off, train to Olympic Park, and then a 1km walk to the stadium.

but then again is there another cricket ground that could host things like that... which is iffy

Giants AFL place in Blacktown that's in the middle of nowhere :p

That said, BBL is good to watch for a bit of entertainment.

michaeljennings

HSC

yea definitely agree, BBL is more entertaining than when it was just state v state but its hard to connect with any of the sydney teams. Other than Gayle, the thunder have recruited poorly in the two seasons of BBL, their team last year was horrendous.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

Yeah, i think it's the most practical stadium they could choose. It is out west and closer than the SCG so... When i saw Aus v India last year at Olympic Park i'm pretty sure it was one train from the station closest to my house to Olympic Park and same on the way back. So many India supporters in those trains!

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

Ah alright, though a Western Sydney team that plays at the most inaccessible stadium in "Western" Sydney? hmm, i think they stuffed up with their research

ANZ is a pain to get to. It's train to Lidcombe, get off, train to Olympic Park, and then a 1km walk to the stadium.

but then again is there another cricket ground that could host things like that... which is iffy

Giants AFL place in Blacktown that's in the middle of nowhere :p

That said, BBL is good to watch for a bit of entertainment.
Olympic Park isn't inaccessible, during special events like cricket matches or Rugby League Matches there are usually trains that go straight to Olympics Park from major stations like Parra and Blacktown. Also during special events trains leave Lidcombe like every 5mins and ANZ stadium is right outside the stadium.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Olympic Park isn't inaccessible, during special events like cricket matches or Rugby League Matches there are usually trains that go straight to Olympics Park from major stations like Parra and Blacktown. Also during special events trains leave Lidcombe like every 5mins and ANZ stadium is right outside the stadium.
That is true, but most stations aren't major stations!

And last time I went to ANZ though, I do remember a long walk from Olympic Park.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)