The Dark Knight (1 Viewer)

live.fast

HSC
N/A
watch the movie twice. second time round it's way better - you actually understand the whole thing (although you get most of it even so in the first watch).

I loled at the joker's magic trick.

Two face was okay - got a good scene before he turned two face though, it was sooo sad :(

Serz though - even though it may not be the greatest movie of all time, it's pretty awesome - the action scenes in IMAX is still something on my to do list.

But yeah - major gayness was batman's voice. especially in the last scene, responding to The Joker - makes you not take him so seriously. meh. still a mad movie. 93% on rottentomatoes. and i bet it'll beat Iron Man as biggest box office hit this year!!!! :D

SiN3m

HSC
live.fast said:
watch the movie twice. second time round it's way better - you actually understand the whole thing (although you get most of it even so in the first watch).

I loled at the joker's magic trick.

Two face was okay - got a good scene before he turned two face though, it was sooo sad :(

Serz though - even though it may not be the greatest movie of all time, it's pretty awesome - the action scenes in IMAX is still something on my to do list.

But yeah - major gayness was batman's voice. especially in the last scene, responding to The Joker - makes you not take him so seriously. meh. still a mad movie. 93% on rottentomatoes. and i bet it'll beat Iron Man as biggest box office hit this year!!!! :D

oh yeah the pencil trick... "i will make the pencil disappeare.." "now it's gone"

i laughed so hard at that moment

michael1990

HSC
SiN3m said:
oh yeah the pencil trick... "i will make the pencil disappeare.." "now it's gone"

i laughed so hard at that moment
So did i !

And there was one other bit where i laughed my head off.
I just can't remember where now.

The employee exposing Bruce Wayne, both when he was talking to Morgon Freemon and where they put a price on his head.

michael1990

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: The Dark Knight

shinji said:
nah, Heath ledger was awesome as the Joker. he was so into the character. Just the laugh gave me the chills.. I dnno, Jim Carrey is more suited as the riddler. It's who i associated him with in batman.
Agreed.

Heath Ledger did a fantastic job. But i think all the other actors did well as well and now because of Ledgers death they all miss out on being recognised.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
It was very good. As others have pointed out, there's a little too much in there. 2.5 hours and not a single slower scene to allow for reflection. At times I thought I was watching The Bourne Ultimatum, it was so fast. Also, people that say it's more than a comic book movie, I think are off the mark. It is a comic book movie, but it's the very best a comic book movie can be.

Also, I hate to sound like a fanboy, but Heath Ledger deserves at least a nomination for that performance. It was terrific. I actually liked the performance more than Bardem's Chigurh last year, which is saying something.

I must add finally that Eckhart's performance was also quite excellent. Ledger's going to get all the attention, but Eckhart's Dent/Two Face was the other highlight of the film, by far.

Last edited:

SiN3m

HSC
michael1990 said:
So did i !

And there was one other bit where i laughed my head off.
I just can't remember where now.

The employee exposing Bruce Wayne, both when he was talking to Morgon Freemon and where they put a price on his head.

oh yeah "now why would one of the most influencial men in the world run around the city in a costume? ...so you want to black mail one of the most influencian men in the world???" lol sumthing like that

I also loved that we never know the true history of the Joker...like first he says his dad made the scars, then his wife....

michael1990

HSC
SiN3m said:
oh yeah "now why would one of the most influencial men in the world run around the city in a costume? ...so you want to black mail one of the most influencian men in the world???" ....
LOL!

Now why would one of the mans most influencial men run around the Gotham in a costume? You want to expose Batman, someone who runs around Gothan killing bad men with his bare hands and you want to expose a billionaire?
And blackmail him?
Yeah good luck with that.

I LOL'ED HARD!

And, magic trick.

AND, another bit but i forgot.

your.knee

i'm lizzing
HSC
well i loved it. it was sorta like two movies in one. props to everyone involved - actors, director.

my jaw basically dropped when the truck flipped in slow motion ah so good

HSC
Pros:
The performances: This film was cast brilliantly and it paid off with nearly flawless acting, Christian Bale is the perfect Batman. He has just the right mix of playboy and badass, although I will say that deep voice he does as Batman is a little over the top at times. All of the support players like Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, Maggie Gyllenhaal (not as hot, but equally as talented as Katie Holmes) and Michael Oldman added a lot of the depth to the movie with their roles. Aaron Eckhart was quite impressive as usual, he really a very rangey actor, he pulls off a lot of different roles. Great chops. And, of course, Heath Ledger, I was skeptical of the guy at first but man, he blew me away. Absolutely brilliant acting performance, he deserves an oscar regardless of what comes out the rest of the year.

Christopher Nolan: The guy is a sick director, between this movie, Batman Begins, and Memento, he is definitely up there from now on as one of the most talented directors in hollywood. Period. The way he painted Gotham City and the dark undercurrents throughout the movie are absolutley incredible.

Cons:
Lengthiness: The movie was a little bit drawn out, they could have easily condensed the movie 25 minutes and not have missed a beat, but alas, that is my only criticism of the movie and it's minor.

your.knee

i'm lizzing
HSC
^ I agree with most
i haven't seen enough of christopher nolans films to judge his overall skill but with this one he did really well.

Laphonso-Ellis said:
Cons:
Lengthiness: The movie was a little bit drawn out, they could have easily condensed the movie 25 minutes and not have missed a beat, but alas, that is my only criticism of the movie and it's minor.
yes it was probably a smidge too long but because the movie was so good overall that sorta gets shoved under the rug.

and also, i wasn't expecting it but there were some scary moments in the film with heaps of suspense. suspense kills me!

SiN3m

HSC
michael1990 said:
LOL!

Now why would one of the mans most influencial men run around the Gotham in a costume? You want to expose Batman, someone who runs around Gothan killing bad men with his bare hands and you want to expose a billionaire?
And blackmail him?
Yeah good luck with that.

I LOL'ED HARD!

And, magic trick.

AND, another bit but i forgot.

that pen trick KILLED ME! omg!

and i loved

"you remind me of my father....i hated my father..."

michael1990

HSC
SiN3m said:
that pen trick KILLED ME! omg!

and i loved

"you remind me of my father....i hated my father..."
LOL!

YES!

I laughed :)

"Why so serious?"
Or when he made the 2 guys fight, i was like WOW!
How freaky.

SiN3m

HSC
michael1990 said:
LOL!

YES!

I laughed :)

"Why so serious?"
Or when he made the 2 guys fight, i was like WOW!
How freaky.

"here's a stick...i dnt have much time so make it quick"... such indifference!!!!

michael1990

HSC
SiN3m said:
"here's a stick...i dnt have much time so make it quick"... such indifference!!!!
"you can listen to the tv, or me'.

'Batman will find him, he is a squealer, i know the squealers when i see them, and he is'

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Romeo Montague said:
#1 on IMBD?

Get fucked.
Yeah seriously, what the hell.

SiN3m

HSC
I'm a dog chasing cars. I don't have plans. I just do things. I'm not a schemer

and in the pencil joke scene i swear he actually for asecond did look lost and innocent...like "oh here let me do a trick!" like a little kid might do...and then when they just called him a freak he turned and went psyco Joker

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)