• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Death Of Micallef Tonight... (3 Viewers)

guy

HSC
yeah well i'm half dissapointed half glad
i dearly hope that channel 10 gets him and puts him in a better medium, like they stole neighbours of 7 ages ago. Fucking ABC, they have only released one series one on TAPE. what do they fucking expect australias greatest present comedian to do. i'm glad he got rid of the girl with the lisp from SKIThouse on the transition though, but whats his face wayne hope barely ever shows up

why do channel 9 fuck up things like molloy. shaun could do so much better. i bet all his constant acknowledging of packer's power had something to do with it, but yeah mostly denton i think... and whoever says rove is better, open your fucking eyes... they guy has catchphrases that he oftenly times humorously, and hes an OK interviewer, especially when interviewing bigbrother evictees who no one cares if he is slack to. he'll pay out ricky for his whole career and then treat him like a fucking salvo if he'll come on the show. fuck rove, i do like the guy tho.

and fuck channel 9s slow audience... abc was more geniune. AND even though his interviews where uncomfortable, i still enjoyed them, like "it all sounds so american!" to that girl. its sorta like watching meet the parents
plus we want the old classics like il est myron and his law soap/cop show/ skits

Paisley

Banned
I loved the revolving set ones... hehe... they were in "Full Frontal" originally, when he did "David McGahan's World"

muldersgun

HSC
mick molloy warned him, he warned him so many times that ch9 would fuck him over. Now eddie maguire can go as long as he wishes since nobody would watch the bachelor in that timeslot and sopranos fans are just to buggered to complain anymore.

how u doin?

HSC
did anyone see the 'for holy' concert last week. everyone on the show put their ego's aside for the concert, untill one rove mcmanus shows up on a a large screen infornt of a huge rove [live] banner, shamlessly promoting his show.

PHONY!

Last edited:

muldersgun

HSC
haha, rove coming on as an obvious evil plot by Channel ten to promote australian idol, introducing British idol runner-up gareth gates. My God! could his song go any longer? It went on for bloody ages! Every note he sung had to be drawn thrice as long as it should be.

Last edited:

how u doin?

HSC
i didnt see the whole concert, but was that the bit denton was talking about at the begining of the show? where he said something like 'and ch10 has jumped on board, with only one placement, and don't worry you'll see it!'

lm1122

HSC
I dont watch rove that often (unless I can't be bothered going to bed after The Bill - now that's quality TV!!!), but really, his act does get old. Fast. And as for Micallef, i only watched it once, but i really did enjoy it.

While neither Rove nor Micallef have the same je ne sais quoi (is that even the expression...?) as Letterman or Leno, I really think that it is quite a shame to so ruthlessly ax Micallef Tonight.

Oh, and just a little peice of random trivia (i seem to post a lot of these around the place): I noticed muldersgun's reference to Pythagoras in his signature. Well, I thought I'd enlighten u all of the facts surrounding his death. :confused: Well, he belonged to a secret cult type thing that wouldn't eat beans because they looked like human foetuses. So one day, Py was being chased by an angry mob :mad: trying to kill him (seemed to happen so often in those days...) when he was cornered by a bean feild. :eek: Shock! Horror! So instead of walking accross the feild and harming the "human" beans, he turned and faced the mob who bought with them his brutal and painful death... and this is the guy we credit with being one of the most revolutionary maths masterminds of all time. Makes you think, doesn't it!

how u doin?

HSC
it is a shame we have no one to the standard of leno or letterman

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
whoa lm1122, is that true? :p
i know he connected numbers to music notes and something about how there was a deeper meaning behind them.

guy

HSC
lettermans a shithead! he has a pretty good team working around him, and all he does is drag out shithead jokes to an over enthusiastic audience

how u doin?

HSC
i thinks hes cool. but i know what u mean about the over enthusiastic audience thing. those retards clap anything!!!

muldersgun

HSC
both letterman and leno are good for celeb interviews same with conan o'brian, jon stewart i.e. most of the us talk show hosts. I still find that the australian tv media is largely devoid of any really charismatic interviewers e.g. Parkinson.

Maybe its due to the fact that we don't get enough practice (been so far away from hollywood and all :rolleyes: ) but most aussie tv interviewers really need to stop kissing arse and ask something interesting. Maybe Dave Hughes should get an interview show of his own.

Andronicarse

The Mothership Connection
HSC
Well Micallef wouldve finished a little while ago. Man, I am feeling the pain of his absence.

thumb

34t43
HSC
N/A
Dave Hughes .. There's only one word for him .. SENSATIONAL

Top idea LJ mate :)

But yes, do disagree.. Denton's damned good .. even managed to ask Russ about .. "Go Russ" (yelling his own name out at the pivotal time :p)

how u doin?

HSC
also, i read that merrick and rosso were getting their own show on ch9 later in the year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)