The Debate...UNSW or USyd?? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
011 said:
All of the ones i know now are the pubcrawl and ball :p
First initial even (forgot what it's called) was pretty good. But I wish to make it less formal and more sexy time.
We have the ball, the pub crawl, the lawn bowls.

I want to have 5 events next year, not 4. Which when you think about it is quite a full calendar (5/28 weeks with a comsoc social event)

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
011 said:
Yeah but you're not at uni. I have a friend in comm/law UNSW my year and, by comparison, the social events there are far less frequent and much less fun than Usyd's. USyd law has great parties.
yeah k

leaning towards USyd now....

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
I am currently doing Arts/Law at UNSW. I've been to both unis.

USYD does have many social opportunities, at least as much as UNSW. As someone mentioned Subski organises parties often. I would also say the clubs and societies have a bigger scene at USYD. However I would say that UNSW is a closer-knit uni. Perhaps it is the smaller size. It also has a great deal more food places to eat (and gather) than USYD.

As for the academic side, UNSW is academically focused. Both law faculties are about the same. USYD does have a traditionally higher reputation. This is not currently warranted, but it is a fact. UNSW has more law subjects however - you do double what USYD does in Contracts, Criminal Law, Litigation and Property Law.

S

Shuter

MoonlightSonata said:
However I would say that UNSW is a closer-knit uni. Perhaps it is the smaller size. It also has a great deal more food places to eat (and gather) than USYD.
Perhaps it's just because you're asian.

kow_dude

HSC
UNSW is a hole!... too many azns! (even though i am one)

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
I am currently doing Arts/Law at UNSW. I've been to both unis.

USYD does have many social opportunities, at least as much as UNSW. As someone mentioned Subski organises parties often. I would also say the clubs and societies have a bigger scene at USYD. However I would say that UNSW is a closer-knit uni. Perhaps it is the smaller size. It also has a great deal more food places to eat (and gather) than USYD.

As for the academic side, UNSW is academically focused. Both law faculties are about the same. USYD does have a traditionally higher reputation. This is not currently warranted, but it is a fact. UNSW has more law subjects however - you do double what USYD does in Contracts, Criminal Law, Litigation and Property Law.
Thanks for that

I still have no idea, but u say that UNSW is closer-knit? I thought Usyd would be a closer environment with the college atmosphere etc. But i do take ur point, i really wanted to go to UNSW and had nothing else in mind but then when i hear about all the great things that go on at Usyd then i was deterred a fair bit from going to UNSW.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
LaCe said:
Thanks for that

I still have no idea, but u say that UNSW is closer-knit? I thought Usyd would be a closer environment with the college atmosphere etc. But i do take ur point, i really wanted to go to UNSW and had nothing else in mind but then when i hear about all the great things that go on at Usyd then i was deterred a fair bit from going to UNSW.
Well I know a few college kids at unsw. I've only been inside baxter and New. Both are good colleges. New is snazzier than Baxter but both have good social events. However it is hard to say whether these are up to usyd standard. Plenty of med and law students in C block of Baxter.

As moonlight said UNSW is 'closer knit'. What that means is up to you. But UNSW is a compact campus. You will often bump into friends. Everything is very central whereas usyd is much more decentralised.

Academically it is much of a muchness. UNSW is hardly laxed when it comes to academics. UNSW has an excellent rep for commerce and law. The Arts school is also nice and cosy.

There are plenty of places to eat and plenty of places to meet. Also lots of places that make nice coffee. Hmmmm.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I thought baxter was where they processed the international students during o-week?

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
withoutaface said:
I thought baxter was where they processed the international students during o-week?
haw haw haw :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)