Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Worse off

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You're going to sit there and tell me that the massive, unexplainable (we had new, energy efficient lighting and refrigeration installed last July) rise in our small business's electricity bill doesn't correlate with the introduction of the carbon tax?

It is implemented for quarterly electricity, and because that specific utility provider is marketed toward small business, they can use it as an excuse to raise rates and blame it on the tax.
http://www.ipart.nsw.gov.au/files/2...mer_summary_of_final_decision_-_June_2012.pdf

Only half the increase is due to the carbon tax, do your research, electricity prices are regulated.

Also stupid, you claim the bill is quarterly, the quarter doesn't end until September, ergo you haven't even gotten a bill tha includes the carbon tax yet.

Mdzabakly

HSC

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i was going to comment on this but wasnt sure if it was right.
Even if he is on different quarters at most the bill can include 1 month of the carbon tax. Monthly cost in previous bill was $620 - new bill the only month with carbon tax would have a cost of $984, an almost 60% increase which is more than allowed and even if it were clearly gouging, I call shenanigans

Mdzabakly

HSC
Even if he is on different quarters at most the bill can include 1 month of the carbon tax. Monthly cost in previous bill was $620 - new bill the only month with carbon tax would have a cost of $984, an almost 60% increase which is more than allowed and even if it were clearly gouging, I call shenanigans
i think i read a statistic saying " out of every 100$ in each energy bill only $9 is the carbon tax"
so ...
Last power bill: $1,860
Current power bill: $2,224

2200x 0.09= 200 price rise from the carbon tax

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
The Labor propaganda pamphlets about the carbon tax note that.
Or if you bothered to read the IPART report (the people who actually you know, set the electricity prices) you read that of the 18% rise in electricity prices half is due to the carbon tax, half of 18% is 9% which happens to be $9 out of every $100. Yeah, real propaganda (just like the aboriginal flag amirite?)

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Or if you bothered to read the IPART report (the people who actually you know, set the electricity prices) you read that of the 18% rise in electricity prices half is due to the carbon tax, half of 18% is 9% which happens to be $9 out of every $100. Yeah, real propaganda (just like the aboriginal flag amirite?)
dictionary.com definition of propoganda
information, ideas, or rumors deliberately spread widely to help or harm a person, group, movement, institution, nation, etc.
It does not have to be negative.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh BS soloooo, you know damn well propaganda implies that it is false/misleading/wrong

na110793

HSC
I had no clue bakers spent only $600 on power.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
I had no clue bakers spent only $600 on power.
"your dad's" quarterly bill was $1800. divide by 3 bro

oh yeah and if your dad is stupid enough to not claim a significant deductible (atleast $7200 in yearly electricity costs?) his business deserves to be run into the ground. or he should fire his accountant.

Last edited:

na110793

HSC
"your dad's" quarterly bill was $1800. divide by 3 bro

oh yeah and if your dad is stupid enough to not claim a significant deductible (atleast $7200 in yearly electricity costs?) his business deserves to be run into the ground. or he should fire his accountant.
Funny you should say that, as a business we've seen an almost 50% increase in profit.

Mdzabakly

HSC
Funny you should say that, as a business we've seen an almost 50% increase in profit.
I think he was referring to the dramaticly overblown "cost " of the carbon tax taking you out of business .

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
So in other words the carbon tax isn't having an effect on your dad's bussiness? Get your story straight mate.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
So in other words the carbon tax isn't having an effect on your dad's bussiness? Get your story straight mate.
An increase in costs is an effect. I'm not saying he's correct in blaming it, but assuming that there has been a cost increase (either by price gouging due to intervention or actual costs being passed on), just because his revenue has increased doesn't mean he is unaffected.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
An increase in costs is an effect. I'm not saying he's correct in blaming it, but assuming that there has been a cost increase (either by price gouging due to intervention or actual costs being passed on), just because his revenue has increased doesn't mean he is unaffected.
He said profits increased, not revenue, so yea, an effect, a positive one it seems.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Also lolsmith I think you are incorrectly making the assumption that he is telling the truth about anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)