• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Football Thread (1 Viewer)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: The Official Football Thread

Oh Newcastle, our season starts now.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Re: The Official A-League Thread.

Getting my wanderers jersey soon :> can't wait!
Shame the next home game is in like 20 days.

Been wearing mine since like 3pm in anticipation for the game and haven't taken it off since. It feels wrong to do so...

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

wanderers 4th consecutive win, to consolidate 3rd place
so beautiful

:cry:

Next up... the Jets.

I remember sitting in the stands at Parramatta the last time we played, and the atmosphere in the last five minutes as we peppered their goal with shots (but to no avail) was just amazing.

I still maintain that was a fluke win though. Like the MV game where we lost 2-0. Fluke win. We'll get 'em back.

EpikHigh

Arizona Tears
HSC

Shame the next home game is in like 20 days.

Been wearing mine since like 3pm in anticipation for the game and haven't taken it off since. It feels wrong to do so...
Almost a month gap between the last game and this up coming game I'm pretty sad but it's gonna go off. Also great game won 4 - 2 today against Adelaide! Feeling gooooood

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

whats wrong with making the trip to campbelltown?
I did Tripview. It's literally 90 minutes each way. Add in the fact that it's a 7:45pm game... and I have something on the next day, not good for me unfortunately :(

ebbygoo

HSC
I'm a foundation member for the Wanderers, signed up early.
Just like to add Sydney is red and black.

Topor Stanley + Beauchamp = best defensive combo in the comp IMO.
Also, is it just me or does the combination between Ono and Hersi get better and more deadly each game?
I really hope they resign Ono sooner rather then later.

Keen to see Visconte start soon, Dino been playing good last few but don't see him there long term.

Only negative thing I can say about the club, which has been fixed now, but was really annoying, was the jersey shortage lol. I couldn't get to the 1st home game, but went to all the others (except one) and couldn't get a jersey! Ended up giving up and buying home jersey :/ I know they weren't expecting the demand, but it took them 2.5 months to get any stock once they ran out.

Just my $0.02

All in all,
I say Wanderers 2013.

ebbygoo

HSC

Jutsy performance by Everton. Fellani to the rescue :p

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Ah, a fellow Wanderer. Nice to see! I too am a Foundation Member but I got in a little later so my number is over 3000...

But yeah, Ono and Hersi are doing very well. I think it's just Ono's brilliant skill that just allows him to get the ball to Hersi, and Hersi just... does what he does. It's fantastic.

And I think Beauchamp and Topor-Stanley are fantastic defenders, but they also get boosted by the fact Popovic has built the team on defence so they just look even better. I'm really pleased though with the way we play - I feel it really does represent Western Sydney.

And ah Dino... no words to explain him. :p

I've seen his value though. He just draws defenders and that usually gives other people space, and sometimes gives us free kicks or even penalties due to defender error. Not a good striker though, I admit. His... shooting leaves a lot to be desired.

Though I know dat f33l about your jersey situation, I got mine after I got to the stadium an hour early on the Victory game (when we lost 2-0) I think and there were still some at the stall outside. Next game is on like the 24th or something so... I guess you'll have to roam around the shops and hope there are some in stock.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Well did you see what Kalac did to the ref... he basically hounded him.

And what did Griffiths say to the linesmen anyway? I was watching The World Game but then Les Murray was like "We've blurred out his lips well... because... yeah."

will_

HSC
Uni Grad

Ah, a fellow Wanderer. Nice to see! I too am a Foundation Member but I got in a little later so my number is over 3000...

But yeah, Ono and Hersi are doing very well. I think it's just Ono's brilliant skill that just allows him to get the ball to Hersi, and Hersi just... does what he does. It's fantastic.

And I think Beauchamp and Topor-Stanley are fantastic defenders, but they also get boosted by the fact Popovic has built the team on defence so they just look even better. I'm really pleased though with the way we play - I feel it really does represent Western Sydney.

And ah Dino... no words to explain him. :p

I've seen his value though. He just draws defenders and that usually gives other people space, and sometimes gives us free kicks or even penalties due to defender error. Not a good striker though, I admit. His... shooting leaves a lot to be desired.

Though I know dat f33l about your jersey situation, I got mine after I got to the stadium an hour early on the Victory game (when we lost 2-0) I think and there were still some at the stall outside. Next game is on like the 24th or something so... I guess you'll have to roam around the shops and hope there are some in stock.
great to see that theres a lot of fellow wanderers fans on this forum.

i signed up for membership on the first night so my number is just under 2000.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

great to see that theres a lot of fellow wanderers fans on this forum.

i signed up for membership on the first night so my number is just under 2000.
nice

I had to acquire funds before I could sign up. Who knew finding $190 odd would be difficult?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

if you have a student concession card, a white membership or rbb membership was $90
Yeah but... I like the good seats :p

I'm not really an active support guy. I'm more of a fan. One thing I do like having a seat high up though is watching team movements - I think the team movements are pretty cool to watch - how the back four narrow in when there is a swift play through the middle, off the ball runs that look for passes that sometimes come, how fullbacks push up the field and then track back, etc. etc.

ebbygoo

HSC

I like the free transport :> it's esp. useful when you're year 11 and can't drive lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)