The Football Thread (4 Viewers)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Re: The Official A-League Thread.

I tried using it on the bus and the driver 'wtf' stared me. Had to use my MyMulti ticket... <_<

Where do you guys sit anyway? Red section? Black section? White section? RBB?

ebbygoo

HSC

White. But I had that problem first two times as well, I just said to him if he had a problem, contact depo and ask them.
And yes, it did work- haha

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Ah the unreserved section. My Deputy Principal at my High School sits there. Apparently he saw me on the bus back one time but I didn't see him. Chatted to him the next week and one of the first things he said was: "Did you see me on Sunday?"

And I'm like "uhhh..." (he's a bit of a joke-ster though he certainly doesn't look it, he has a reputation for being the toughest, meanest teacher in school but he gets quite awesome in senior years once you get to know the person behind the 'Deputy Principal' mask) so I was a bit confused. Turns out he also is a season ticket holder.

Then we did a few "Who do we sing for?" like any good Wanderers supporters!

I sit in the Red section, personally. Expensive but... good seats. I often meander and for the Jets game I sat on the first level on some spare seats. You actually get quite close to the field of play - kinda surreal.

But so, so cool. I'd never actually watched any A-League games or NSL games live ever, prior to this season.

And totes using the bus trick now!

ebbygoo

HSC

I have always hated the A-League until Wanderers (massive everton fan). They hooked me straight away, obviously being western Sydney, and also because they are a great community team. My brother plays in the blacktown district div 3 in younger age group, and for the grand final day (there were a few other grand finals on the same place) they had Mooy and a couple other of the guys there most of the day taking photos with everyone!

And yeah unreserved lol. I have a special spot though where it's a great view and never filled. GA is good for me as well cause sometimes go to games with friends and family friends who aren't members and who also don't wanna pay for the more expensive ones haha.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

I have always hated the A-League until Wanderers (massive everton fan). They hooked me straight away, obviously being western Sydney, and also because they are a great community team. My brother plays in the blacktown district div 3 in younger age group, and for the grand final day (there were a few other grand finals on the same place) they had Mooy and a couple other of the guys there most of the day taking photos with everyone!

And yeah unreserved lol. I have a special spot though where it's a great view and never filled. GA is good for me as well cause sometimes go to games with friends and family friends who aren't members and who also don't wanna pay for the more expensive ones haha.
Nice! I see the Wanderers Facebook always putting up pictures of community involvement - which is always good to see. I mean... I had NRL players show up at my school to talk about drink driving but I never knew who they were so it was just like 'cool story bro'. But that would've been fantastic.

Also I actually tried to support Sydney FC because "They're my local team". But... they marketed themselves as the glamour club and played in the city, and it was 90 minutes to get there, and I didn't feel their marketing was aimed at me. They were like "Yeah, we have the best players, we are the star attraction..." - and I mean, sure that's great for some, but I didn't really connect with it.

And then comes Western Sydney, and they marketed themselves as you said as a community team, for Western Sydney. And I got hooked - and they also play in a way that I think represents how I feel as well. It's tough, it's physical, but it's tactical and strategic - we never give up, we always contest.

Prime, prime, prime example is the... fourth goal we scored against Adelaide. Ball was going to go out. But Hersi still ran for it, crossed it in, and Poljak slotted it home. I mean... 99% of other teams would've just let that ball go out for a throw-in. But not us.

And that is what pleases me most about this team.

Also good plan for unreserved seats. Is it like near the corner flags or South Unreserved or near the RBB? I can't fathom "good view" from those angles but... if you think it's a good view then... :p

ebbygoo

HSC

Ill give you an idea. Unreserved can sit anywhere there's no security at the entries. Imagine you are at the opposite side of RBB looking at them. To your right about 5 bays up is the last unreserved area. It's about 2/3 of the way to the halfway mark. So yeah it's not actually that far from the centre mark, and personally (probably opinion) but I like sitting down the bottom rather then up the top for soccer games; but when it comes to NRL I'm the opposite I have to be right up the top lol. Anyway school today I'm off lol

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Oh so kinda where the away supporters sit.

Hmm, that... seems to be not bad seats at all.

ebbygoo

HSC

No not there way further up about 2/3 TO centre line.
Anyway it doesn't really matter I suppose haha.
Ill finish for the night with Wanderers FTW.

will_

HSC
Uni Grad

same scenario for most of my friends at school. they ridiculed the a-league for the past seasons but this season, theyre the ones inviting me to the games

will_

HSC
Uni Grad

Ill give you an idea. Unreserved can sit anywhere there's no security at the entries. Imagine you are at the opposite side of RBB looking at them. To your right about 5 bays up is the last unreserved area. It's about 2/3 of the way to the halfway mark. So yeah it's not actually that far from the centre mark, and personally (probably opinion) but I like sitting down the bottom rather then up the top for soccer games; but when it comes to NRL I'm the opposite I have to be right up the top lol. Anyway school today I'm off lol
this, thats what I do with my white membership

will_

HSC
Uni Grad

Nice! I see the Wanderers Facebook always putting up pictures of community involvement - which is always good to see. I mean... I had NRL players show up at my school to talk about drink driving but I never knew who they were so it was just like 'cool story bro'. But that would've been fantastic.

Also I actually tried to support Sydney FC because "They're my local team". But... they marketed themselves as the glamour club and played in the city, and it was 90 minutes to get there, and I didn't feel their marketing was aimed at me. They were like "Yeah, we have the best players, we are the star attraction..." - and I mean, sure that's great for some, but I didn't really connect with it.

And then comes Western Sydney, and they marketed themselves as you said as a community team, for Western Sydney. And I got hooked - and they also play in a way that I think represents how I feel as well. It's tough, it's physical, but it's tactical and strategic - we never give up, we always contest.

Prime, prime, prime example is the... fourth goal we scored against Adelaide. Ball was going to go out. But Hersi still ran for it, crossed it in, and Poljak slotted it home. I mean... 99% of other teams would've just let that ball go out for a throw-in. But not us.

And that is what pleases me most about this team.

Also good plan for unreserved seats. Is it like near the corner flags or South Unreserved or near the RBB? I can't fathom "good view" from those angles but... if you think it's a good view then... :p
same, i supported sydney fc for the first few seasons but i never attended any of their games. In 2009 when sydney rovers were announced, I stopped supporting sydney fc and was ready to support the sydney rovers who were suppose to play in parramatta. and 2012 was our lucky year, the dream finally came true of a west sydney a-league team uniting the region.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

No not there way further up about 2/3 TO centre line.
Anyway it doesn't really matter I suppose haha.
Ill finish for the night with Wanderers FTW.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, I know where it is now. The 'North Unreserved' section. I just checked the seating map.

That's actually very good. I sat there once, to watch the Newcastle game. I agree the seats were actually quite good.

same, i supported sydney fc for the first few seasons but i never attended any of their games. In 2009 when sydney rovers were announced, I stopped supporting sydney fc and was ready to support the sydney rovers who were suppose to play in parramatta. and 2012 was our lucky year, the dream finally came true of a west sydney a-league team uniting the region.
Yeah... now let's make Sydney FC v Western Sydney Wanderers the premier derby!

In fact, I'm not even sure what the Melbourne Victory v Sydney FC derby aims to achieve. Is it just a "pure" rivalry between the two clubs, or is it supposed to be some sort of Melbourne v Sydney deal? Because with the introduction of the Heart and now the Wanderers, the Melbourne v Sydney thing doesn't really go anymore...

will_

HSC
Uni Grad

yeah those good white general admission seats fill up quickest on matchday, so you gotta get there early. however down the south-east end near the away fans that area usually has seats available

ebbygoo

HSC

The bays directly opposite to RBB are generally empty unless its a big game.
I heard somewhere that WSW games are getting higher average crowds then the eels this year lol- not sure if it's true though haha.

will_

HSC
Uni Grad

I heard somewhere that WSW games are getting higher average crowds then the eels this year lol- not sure if it's true though haha.
wanderers average around 11,500 so i wouldnt be surprised. i did go to an eels game last season with friends and their crowds look less than the past two wanderers games.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

True that. They were pretty full in January though because of the Kids Under 12 free promotion. Apparently the kids weren't counted in the official attendances because if they were, several of the ticket counters have to be broken. I mean a crowd of 15k means over five thousand empty seats.

And no idea about the Eels. I don't watch NRL...

ebbygoo

HSC

Lol I see. Interesting I didn't know that figure- I mean the game against heart, I thought there looked to be more people there then what the official one was, so you're probably right.
Spewing about Saturday; can't get to the game :/ Looks like its gunna be a great match though.

ebbygoo

HSC

This thread should be called official Wanderers thread lol

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Lol I see. Interesting I didn't know that figure- I mean the game against heart, I thought there looked to be more people there then what the official one was, so you're probably right.
Spewing about Saturday; can't get to the game :/ Looks like its gunna be a great match though.
Me neither. Ah well, I'll watch it on TV and support them in spirit!

Also there are a few Sydney FC fans somewhere here... probably just hiding :p

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad

Me neither. Ah well, I'll watch it on TV and support them in spirit!

Also there are a few Sydney FC fans somewhere here... probably just hiding :p
I ain't hiding, good vibes for against the Roar this Sunday. Where my other Syd FCers at?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)