The Football Thread (7 Viewers)

seano77

Walk On
HSC
Re: The Official A-League Thread.

Why dont you like Sydney FC?

HSC

Piss poor effort from melbourne against a very depleted sydney squad.

couple of positives, least we got a point out of it.. shannon cole looked the goods too

any hear about the "riots" ? dumbass 14 year old kids starting shit that died with the NSL days

sk1001

HSC

meh meh meh depleted squad.
not to mention the pisspoor crowd

only 200 more than the newcastle-cc match.

the Melbourne fans may have been 14, but the sydney fans were definately grown men.

989 days since sydney last beat melbourne

HSC

Horrible crowd. especially for what's supposed to be the biggest crowd-puller in the league. bring on western sydney fc, team for the heartland !

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC

in regard to the fights and flared lit, both at the cove at sfs during the syd-melb game, from the perspective of control room, i'd like to offer some insights into what i think is the worst reaction from the security and police.

the fight broke out before the kick off, cops and security ran in, and managed to get shoved out of it by the hooligans. gone back inside and stopped it on the second attempt, ejected about 15 people.

2nd half, two flares were lit from the cove 10min within one another. the personnel on the ground took his sweet time getting to the flare, acting all calm and shit. still, no one called for extra security over there to control the mob, yet, we see about 20 securities on the other side of the ground, patrolling about 500 people doing fk all.

great job, sfs.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC

Groucho Marxist said:
Horrible crowd. especially for what's supposed to be the biggest crowd-puller in the league. bring on western sydney fc, team for the heartland !
let's put it into perspective: it was double the crowd of the ONLY NRL match being played that night

that's if you believe the "official" NRL crowd figures :rolleyes:

sk1001

HSC

besides the point.
melbourne - sydney should be the biggest game of the year.

HSC

Captain Gh3y said:
let's put it into perspective: it was double the crowd of the ONLY NRL match being played that night

that's if you believe the "official" NRL crowd figures :rolleyes:
how about the 44,955 who turned out to see the sydney swans play?

samwell

HSC

i dont really watch A-league but am gonna tip Sydney to win the final against the Victory. I think victory plays pretty good in terms of quality.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC

paul okon assigned first team coach for gold coast united. hopefully some good results come their way.

and sydney fc to win this year. top 4 will be 1. sydney fc, 2. adelaide united 3. melbourne victory 4. cc mariners. sydney to play adelaide in the final.

Charizard

HSC

Victory fans are so fucking stupid. Must be something in the water down there. Such tools.

Charizard

HSC

Sad that the 2 victory strikers are probably the leading scorers, they are both pretty woeful strikers. Guess it shows the quality of A-league defenders. Thompson couldn't score a goal against a half decent team even if the goalkeeper was blind and defenders had autism.

sk1001

HSC

Rofl. I guess it shows the quality of other A-League forwards more than anything. They are playing against the same defenders as the Thompson and Allsopp are, yet they can't score any more than them?

Charizard

HSC

sk1001 said:
Rofl. I guess it shows the quality of other A-League forwards more than anything. They are playing against the same defenders as the Thompson and Allsopp are, yet they can't score any more than them?
Can't really disagree, their is some terrible players in the a-league.
Although i still dont think allsopp or thompson should ever be considered good strikers, just less bad then some of the others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)