The Football Thread (1 Viewer)

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Yes, and I left 5 minutes early - never walked out of a game early until then.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Komit said:
DPW, Bankstown City Lions. Yes, I do have a nationality that ties me to this team but I've also been going to their games since I was 3 years old. You've been to 4 Sydney FC home games and you think you love the club. Don't get me wrong, I am excited that people are gaining a genuine interest in football but there are too many dickheads who want get rid of the ethnicity in Australian football when it isn't all that bad - it's just the media who blows everything out of proportion.

The NSWPL will be the best ever and will be second only to the A-League. As for Sutherland being accepted, I'm very disappointed that they have taken place of teams such as St George or Bonnyrigg, but I guess Sutherland met the criteria and that's all that matters. I hoppe they can live up to their expectations because there is a lot of unhappy parties in regards to their inclusion.

Yeah, Petrovski is shit - way past is due date. He belongs back at Bankstown :).
Komit! A Macedonian!

How into the Lions are you? Like, do you watch the 20s etc? Or just the Firsts?

My brother (who played in the NSW U/16s team in the National Championships about a month ago) plays for Bankstown. He played with the 16s last season and was their best player by a mile and a half. He's with the 18s this season, and he *might* get a few games with the 20s.

His name is Damian Petrovic (yeah, dad's Serb and mum's Croat .. what the f*ck were the chances?!?) .. look out for him if you can!

Also good to hear that you've been supporting Bankstown for years .. as opposed to deciding to support them after the recent success they have been enjoying.

I'm really quite dirty about the fact that Bonnyrigg got shafted. Apart from being one of the strongest clubs in the NSWPL in recent times, their pitch is magical (and their scoreboard is world class too).

But this is the problem with 'wog soccer'. Way too much politics involved in it all.

Back to the A-League .. I'll be getting out to the SFS on Sunday for the FC vs Jets match. It's convenient because the last two weeks I've done all my English and Maths exams, and now I have an almost two week break until Business Studies and Economics on two of the last three days of the HSC. So I can get out and hopefully have a bit of fun .. haven't had much of that lately :S

I just cannot for the life of me believe that Adelaide are top of the table. Either they are grossly overachieving, or Kosmina has drawn blood from the proverbial stone and utilised every last ounce of talent that his squad possesses.

If and when Sydney get their act together, they'll win the competition. Their defence is so shoddy, though, that it won't be so surprising if they fail to do this. I remember being at the SFS for the opening game against the Victory, and that night dad and I just looked at each other in both horror and disgust at the pathetic display of defending we were witnessing from Sydney.

That hasn't changed much since .. well, it clearly hasn't considering the amount of goals they've conceded in the A-League. It's embarrassing that it took the boys 9 matches to get a clean sheet, and against none other than the team running 9 points behind second last.

They've got to get their freaking act together. Sunday against Newcastle should be a good test considering that the Jets are in decent form at the moment.

Haha who saw Nick Carle's outside-of-the-left shot in the 90-something-th minute against the Mariners on Sunday? Didn't miss by much .. but then, I thought that players would be able to shoot with both feet. Unless I didn't pick it up the only time I watched it and he didn't have enough time, I reckon that he should have hit that ball with the regulation inside of the right foot, despite him being a left-footer.

DPW

HSC
Newcastle match should be a good one. I want to see Carle in action as well, I really rate this guy as a top class mid and seeing him going up against Corica will be a good show.

DANE

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
It's been a while ..

Sydney signs Miura

I TOLD YOU ALL THAT IT WOULD HAPPEN!!

Sydney FC has signed Kazuyoshi Miura, the man widely regarded as the greatest Japanese football player of all time.

Miura, affectionately known as Kazu, has signed a two-month contract with Sydney and is expected to play in four Hyundai A-League games for the club and in the FIFA Club World Championships in Japan.

The deal has been ratified by Football Federation Australia and Miura is expected to arrive in Australia on Tuesday.

"Where I come from in Germany Franz Beckenbauer is the greatest ever player that everyone loves and knows but in Japan he (Miura) is the same as Beckenbauer," said Sydney FC coach Pierre Littbarski, who spent 10 years in Japan as a player and a coach.

"Having Kazu at Sydney FC will be good for the club on the field because he is still capable of doing great things but also off the field when we go to Japan to play in the Club World Championships."

"Kazu will give us an advantage because the crowd support is always important and it will be like home games for us in Japan."

Miura has played in 91 matches for his country as well as club football in Italy, Brazil, Croatia and Japan.

"Attracting a player of the stature of Kazu to Sydney is a great indication that Australia is now viewed as a realistic option, especially in Asia, which is the future of Australian Football," said Sydney FC chief executive Tim Parker.

"Sydney FC is preparing to start the Australian venture into Asia with the Club World Championships and we hope that it is the start of an extremely successful pathway not just for Sydney FC but for every A-League club and Australian Football."

"Certainly having Kazu on board for that journey will help Asia, and in particular Japan, identify with Sydney FC and Australian Football."

!Solskjaer!

HSC
Ah, Kazu means $14million of revenue from the sales of shirts in Japan alone. BLING BLING!

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
pierre wants to sign japanese striker Kazuyoshi Miura on loan for a short period.

Do ya think Sydney need another striker?
I believe I said it first...

And since I made that comment, yes, i think they do need another striker.

!Solskjaer! said:
Ah, Kazu means $14million of revenue from the sales of shirts in Japan alone. BLING BLING!
I was counting on that money going to Celtic.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Syyyyyyyyyyyyyd--------ney FC!

Cop that, Central Coast.

I bet Komit is feeling pretty dirty tonight :p

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
DPW said:
Newcastle match should be a good one. I want to see Carle in action as well, I really rate this guy as a top class mid and seeing him going up against Corica will be a good show.

DANE
carle is a good player, but he acts like such an arrogant fuck on the field...just wait for the hate chants to start up

DPW

HSC
!Solskjaer! said:
Heya Solskjaer, your on sydney-unnoficial right? I cant see Kazu really being a top class striker to pull us through matches I think its purly a marketing choice for the WCC. One of his matches happen to be when Yorke is away on WC duty too so it saves us from dragging Alehaaaaaaando from his hotel room and onto the pitch.

Oh and did I say 5-1 :)

DANE

!Solskjaer!

HSC
Of course it's only a marketing move...yet another wise decision made by the guys and girls at SFC :)

DPW

HSC
I also read in the Herald today that all of the A-League matches that he is playing in are going to be shown on Jap TV. That will be excellent exposure. At the WCC we are going to be the team with the most support.

DANE

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
^ The japanese are lovin the A-league, particularly Sydney. Dwight Yorke is a favourite, and signing Kazu is just making it better for them. After watching the Asian champions league final on the weekend, i cant wait for Aussie teams to play in it, it should be a real moneyspinner. Mind, it would be hard to play in Asia unless a bigger player roster is allowed. Our teams cant be consistent domestically, let alone in another tougher comp.

Other news: Brian Deane is leaving Perth. He was useless anyway.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
^ The japanese are lovin the A-league, particularly Sydney. Dwight Yorke is a favourite, and signing Kazu is just making it better for them. After watching the Asian champions league final on the weekend, i cant wait for Aussie teams to play in it, it should be a real moneyspinner. Mind, it would be hard to play in Asia unless a bigger player roster is allowed. Our teams cant be consistent domestically, let alone in another tougher comp.

Other news: Brian Deane is leaving Perth. He was useless anyway.
I fully expect the rosters to be maximised by that time.

As for Brian Deane, it didn't look like it would've worked ever since he was signed by Glory, he never looked like he was into the groove of things. Anyway, a straightforward decision for both parties.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Why would I feel dirty? Sasho scored a hat-trick. Everything he does season comes back to his stint with Bankstown in the last NSWPL. :)

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Komit said:
Why would I feel dirty? Sasho scored a hat-trick. Everything he does season comes back to his stint with Bankstown in the last NSWPL. :)
He did. He did. That is good news.

But remember, you're a closet Mariners supporter ;) ;)

slip

HSC
i've really have to say things are going so well wether we qualify for the world cup or not.

look how many sponsers football has attracted now - qantas, nab, telstra, nike, reebok, powerade (effectively coca cola) the australian sports commision, hyundai

all we need now is an alcoholic beverage, i say fosters, football may not be played with fast cars, but most of the socceroos own fast cars, seriously thou its a very international game which sits well for a company like fosters.

we could have a food sponsership - streets, maccas, kfc, pauls

i seriously dont think i can name an australian sport that has more sponsers...

the only place i think we coudl achieve more sponsership is on a club level - victory is leading the way here im sure other clubs will follow.

larger sponsers will continue to be signed in the next 5 years given that the socceroos and the a-league champs will start playing regularly in asia.

the game is being incredible well run, sydney and melbourne are leading the way in the a-league...

nedzelic

HSC
i hope melbourne or queensland win -they have to be the most entertaining teams in the league - but then again there is nothign like the carle-milicic combo. even yorkie still pugs away with some sweet touches.
new zealand are shite and it is a joke that they are in the league in the beginning

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
I can see one good thing with having NZ in the comp: at least they come last, and its not an australian team coming last, struggling to gain support. There purpose is to come dead last for five years, then get booted out for an Australia team. Then the other clubs have built fan foundations, and wont suffer so much by coming last on the ladder. This, I am sure, was the motivation for including them into the comp...

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
I can see one good thing with having NZ in the comp: at least they come last, and its not an australian team coming last, struggling to gain support. There purpose is to come dead last for five years, then get booted out for an Australia team. Then the other clubs have built fan foundations, and wont suffer so much by coming last on the ladder. This, I am sure, was the motivation for including them into the comp...

Haha, well figured-out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)