The Football Thread (2 Viewers)

de keizer

De Legende zelf Kors
HSC
Re: The Official A-League Thread.

Considering that they offered such a low contract to Aloisi on the basis they couldn't afford him and the same situation apparently occurded with their bid for Juninho i highly doubt this will happen. Yorke is desperate to come back to Sydney. Even if he signs of CCM it is likely he will be innefectual as he wont have the same affect and he definately wont want to live in Gosford.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC

Vukovic clear to play in Olympics

CENTRAL Coast Mariners goalkeeper Danny Vukovic will be eligible to play at the Olympics after an independent appeals committee reduced his sentence for striking referee Mark Shield in the A-League grand final.
The committee sliced four months off Vukovic's original nine month sentence.

Key for Vukovic is that the sentence will be served in two parts - one effective through to June 28 and another from August 29 to October 5.
Source: http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23587833-23215,00.html

Good news, it seems common sense is actually existent in this world.

Gay Captain

HSC

blakegman said:
I didn't want to be the one to back the bad news to you, but have you seen your squad for the year ? i would say second only to Perth Glory.
That's exactly what they were saying at the beginning of last season after Nicky and Milton left :D

blakegman

HSC
N/A

Gay Captain said:
That's exactly what they were saying at the beginning of last season after Nicky and Milton left :D
Were they ? i don't remember that.

I wish vukovic was suspended for the olympics. He is not even australia's best under 23 goalkeeper.

I can think of countless better players in europe. Vukovic is an average a-league player at best.

sk1001

HSC

de keizer said:
Considering that they offered such a low contract to Aloisi on the basis they couldn't afford him and the same situation apparently occurded with their bid for Juninho i highly doubt this will happen. Yorke is desperate to come back to Sydney. Even if he signs of CCM it is likely he will be innefectual as he wont have the same affect and he definately wont want to live in Gosford.
ROFL.

blakegman

HSC
N/A

sk1001 said:
What's funny ?

Everyone knows yorke loved living in Sydney.

Or just bitter melbourne victory have done disgracefully bad in the ACL

Gay Captain

HSC

blakegman said:
Were they ? i don't remember that.

I wish vukovic was suspended for the olympics. He is not even australia's best under 23 goalkeeper.

I can think of countless better players in europe. Vukovic is an average a-league player at best.
Version 2 we didn't win a game in the first round, ended up a penalty shootout away from the final

Version 3 we lost our 2 best attacking players, were forced to play Mario and still won it

Version 4 they're writing us off again so I reckon we'll go alright :D

blakegman

HSC
N/A

Gay Captain said:
Version 2 we didn't win a game in the first round, ended up a penalty shootout away from the final

Version 3 we lost our 2 best attacking players, were forced to play Mario and still won it

Version 4 they're writing us off again so I reckon we'll go alright :D
I'm confused.

Do you go for Newcastle of CCM.

Newcastle have lost a truckload of great players. And havent really signed any quality replacements. Unless you have the best reserves in the a-league, i think they will struggle to be a top team.

God forbid if you lose a Griffths or North too.

Last edited:

blakegman

HSC
N/A

JUst for some reason thought you supported CCM until that post.
Probably because you mentioned Vukovic.

either way, i dont mind newcastle, I just hate CCM and the Melbourne tards

blue_chameleon

HSC

blakegman said:
JUst for some reason thought you supported CCM until that post.
Probably because you mentioned Vukovic.

either way, i dont mind newcastle, I just hate CCM and the Melbourne tards
Fuck you man, we were sposed to be friends. :(

Pfft, Newcastle. I live here, and I still hate them (except for Hearfield, he's a good bloke, went to school with him).

sk1001

HSC

blakegman said:
What's funny ?

Everyone knows yorke loved living in Sydney.

Or just bitter melbourne victory have done disgracefully bad in the ACL
He loved it so much he went to Sunderland. You honestly beleive he is "desperate" to come back? GTFO.

ZaraKu

HSC

Hear in the news today that Jardel was apparently doing cocaine while at the Jets?? No wonder he was fat and couldn't play for crap (yes most of us Jets fans despise him)

blakegman

HSC
N/A

sk1001 said:
He loved it so much he went to Sunderland. You honestly beleive he is "desperate" to come back? GTFO.
My understanding from the media at the time and his own personal interview when he was sold was that he didn't really want to go and Sydney pushed him out in order to get the transfer fee. Even withstanding that your argument is flawed because premier league > A-league. It's not like he left sydney for perth.

blakegman

HSC
N/A

blue_chameleon said:
Fuck you man, we were sposed to be friends. :(

Pfft, Newcastle. I live here, and I still hate them (except for Hearfield, he's a good bloke, went to school with him).
maybe not hate. just a strong rivalry. CCM were arrogant cunts last year and we beat them in two amazing games.

CCM arent nearly as bad as melbourne tards.

benjitfc

HSC

man, day after trials finish we get mariners away,

training it up to gosford with about 15 goon bags,

cmon 5-4 lol,

its a good draw this year

blakegman

HSC
N/A

Tards at home first game. gonna be massive. might head in there.

blue_chameleon

HSC

blakegman said:
maybe not hate. just a strong rivalry. CCM were arrogant cunts last year and we beat them in two amazing games.

CCM arent nearly as bad as melbourne tards.
Just on that, our guys did pummel you in a game you should have won (1st semi final). The first two games I saw when the Jets played the Mariners (at Bluetongue, followed by EA Stadium), were that the Jets played real dirty. Thats what did it for me. One dirty game in a while is ok, but two from two and its stretching the boundaries of what is fair rivalry.

Its interesting the fine line between arrogance and confidence in your game. Last season is gone now though, im interested to see how the Mariners/Jets derby's will turn out next season. Regardless of which team you support, its a fantastic rivalry between the two clubs which will exist for many years to come, and the two teams always pull good crowds because we're so close to each other.

Very interested to see what the Jets will bring on their first game, and what would happen if J.Griffiths were to miss a few games through injury. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)