The greatest mistakes in ~history~ (1 Viewer)

evanstroeve

Premium Member
HSC
So do you honestly not think its offensive to say that my whole reason for existence and my way of life is absolute rubbish?? Even if i believed that of someone else, i would never say it because its rude. That is all im saying here. If u want to think that Islam is the most awful thing in the world, than you go ahead and think that, but i dont appreciate the rudeness that your doint that with
See, here's the problem. Faith is faith (belief without need for proof). Your choice to have faith is your own. What bothers me about religion is that it gets special status. Why should I have to respect someone's religious choices any more than I might respect their choice of deodorant or taste in footwear? I also fail to see why I should take responsibility for anyone's choice to be offended by my lack of respect for their religion. As it happens, I would have as much (or as little, depending on your perspective) respect for anyone's religious choice, whether it was Christian, Muslim, Pastafarian or good old fairies at the bottom of the garden. You don't need to respect my belief that religion is toxic nonsense. I won't be offended. I don't need to respect your religious sensibilities. Religious individuals may well be able to live according to their specific dogmas without bothering others; religions, however, nearly always incorporate a missionary element or a component that damns unbelievers to some fiery pit of hell. And they knock at my door. I am as civil to the religious zealot at my door as I am to the Telstra salesperson trying to foist a new plan on me. I will leave it to you to work out how civil that might be.

maymz

HSC
N/A
People are mainly just replying to rile you up and no one here really cares as much as you do about religion. What's your dentist like though?
Oh. that kinda sucks. I just want people to hear things from a different perspective, and i know some people arent that interested but i am sincerely willing to talk about this because i think its really easy to misunderstand certain aspects of religion and its something thats really relevant in todays society. i just want there to be more understanding between people- honestly im not a bad person, i promise you

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Oh. that kinda sucks. I just want people to hear things from a different perspective, and i know some people arent that interested but i am sincerely willing to talk about this because i think its really easy to misunderstand certain aspects of religion and its something thats really relevant in todays society. i just want there to be more understanding between people- honestly im not a bad person, i promise you
Beating a dead horse here.

Cianyx

Planarian Leader
HSC
my sky warrior is better than yours

Last edited:

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
lol people who believe in god lol

paedophile worshipper

guy rapes a kid holy man holy man trust his word most holy man

child rapist

islam pro child rape

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
It's because these people are so ignorant that all they believe is what the media feed them, and since the media only propogate religion as being negetive to increase ratings and incite hatred, thats all they know about. I guess the media has done their job though- the top comment is proof of that
I didn't read about religion from the SMH thanks mate, I read the Bible and then read some amazingly accurate historical books on such amazing events as idk, the church stagnating the progress of mankind for ~1500 years. cool story eh

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
crusades
inquisitions
burning witches
burning books
lol remember galileo
the whole premise of some majestic sky/moon god
ETC ETC ETC I DONT HAVE ALL DAY

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
They were married and it was totally by choice!! Women got married at a young age 100 years ago, let alone 1400! seriously, calling him a rapist shows ur inability to comprehend the past and the fact that things were different back then. His repuation as being morally pure, comes from what he did with the challenging circumstances of the time; instead of just raping the girl, he married her and stayed with her until she died!!! HE COMMITTED TO HER JUST AS MUCH AS ANY HUSBAND NOW ADAYS AND BETTER! he provided for her and respected her. Looking at his actions from a modern standpoint without considering what was actually acceptable then will mean that you are totally blinded
Come on brofox, don't try and tell me that women had any say or choice of husband back in those days. Come on. Really.

RANK 1

HSC
well if you believe that God exists in the first place, then logically it does do something. Praying in different religions means different things, but it is commonly done for the purpose of maintaining a connection with your creator. You can ask for forgiveness, give thanks, or just gain a sense of peace from the experience of being one on one with God. Of course you won't agree with this, but its just a very brief explanation of a relatievly complex thing.
but if your god is omnipotent then wouldnt praying be redundant?

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
fuck off you cunts the universe was created by an invisible pink spaghetti teddy bear and a huge transparent beer bottle revolves around the earth I don't need evidence I don't care what you say I have ~faith~

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
fuck off you cunts the universe was created by an invisible pink spaghetti teddy bear and a huge transparent beer bottle revolves around the earth I don't need evidence I don't care what you say I have ~faith~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)