• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The greatest mistakes in ~history~ (1 Viewer)

maymz

HSC
N/A
In a modern light, those quotes do look very bad, but the truth is, that the historical context in which these things were said should definetly be taken into consideration. Everything that you've listed merely reflects the problems associated with that particular time period; an example is the wars between muslim, christians and jews that were a huge factor in their attitude towards each other. They were considered enemies for this reason and trusting eachother and befriending eachother was difficult. Today, i, and countless other muslims, have many christians friends that we very close to, because its not an issue for us in modern times, in the country we live in.

maymz

HSC
N/A
what are you on about? the only reason a religious person would find what i say offensive is if he/she cant find a strong enough rebuke to oppose my comment.
I have rebuked everything you've said, and made my arguements even stronger by actually BACKING IT UP!! All i'm saying about you, is that you're choice of words makes your arguements seem rude and you should be more careful how you phrase things!

Last edited:

maymz

HSC
N/A
you have absolutely no fucking idea what you're talking about please stop posting
how dare you??? that is sooo rude! i have an opinion and as long as im not being rude to anyone else in sharing it, then im not going to stop posting. i am being completely diplomatic- im not attacking anyone's beliefs except for those who have nothing to back it up with, because i think its totally unjustified, where as i have given examples and explained why i think such and such.

And im only posting on this in the first place, because people were attacking religion and i didnt think it was fair.

Last edited:

RANK 1

HSC
Rank 1- its very easy to isolate seperate quotes to make Islam look bad, but have you ever heard of 'taking things out of context'????its exactly what you've just done. And anyway, i thought your problem was with the fact that it impedes on science and creativity??
my problem was that religion normally revolves around stupid illogical beliefs. 'the fact that it impedes on science and creativity' is just a side effect of that and also you're welcome to try put them into context, so that we can see the true positive meaning

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
how dare you??? that is sooo rude! i have an opinion and as long as im not being rude to anyone else in sharing it, then im not going to stop posting. i am being completely diplomatic- im not attacking anyone's beliefs except for those who have nothing to back it up with, because i think its totally unjustified, where as i have given examples and explained why i think such and such.

And im only posting on this in the first place, because people were attacking religion and i didnt think it was fair.
No you have 0 idea what you're talking about

You don't understand your own religion except for the cherry picked parts that you think make it good (then what is the point of believing in anything if you only choose the bits you like? Why not just behave that way and not bay at the moon every Friday (unless you're menstruating of course because then you're a filthy beast unworthy of Allah))

Then you continue on a line of argument that every single muslim on this forum has ever said (do you guys fucking collaborate on this? it's really getting ridiculous) that doesn't even bother with the criticism we set forth, that "u r so 0F3nsive!!1!11one!1!!1" and then carry on to say that a book you're meant to follow to the letter, because it is the supreme and absolute moral guidance, doesn't actually fucking matter because "it dun dere not reflect dis t13m per!0d". You would legit be executed for saying shit like that elsewhere in the world "NAH WE PE3SFUL"

And you don't understand freedom of speech either because once again you're choosing the part of what you "believe" that suits you, but doesn't comply with the actual meaning and practices of what you supposedly (re: don't) believe in.

Tell me the difference between Atenism and Islam and why one is more legitimate than the other in explaining the existence of any superpowerful beings

RANK 1

HSC
I have rebuked everything you've said, and made my arguements even stronger by actually BACKING IT UP!! All i'm saying about you, is that you're choice of words makes your arguements seem rude and you should be more careful how you phrase things!
you need examples to back yourself up.

maymz

HSC
N/A
No you have 0 idea what you're talking about

You don't understand your own religion except for the cherry picked parts that you think make it good (then what is the point of believing in anything if you only choose the bits you like? Why not just behave that way and not bay at the moon every Friday (unless you're menstruating of course because then you're a filthy beast unworthy of Allah))

Then you continue on a line of argument that every single muslim on this forum has ever said (do you guys fucking collaborate on this? it's really getting ridiculous) that doesn't even bother with the criticism we set forth, that "u r so 0F3nsive!!1!11one!1!!1" and then carry on to say that a book you're meant to follow to the letter, because it is the supreme and absolute moral guidance, doesn't actually fucking matter because "it dun dere not reflect dis t13m per!0d". You would legit be executed for saying shit like that elsewhere in the world "NAH WE PE3SFUL"

And you don't understand freedom of speech either because once again you're choosing the part of what you "believe" that suits you, but doesn't comply with the actual meaning and practices of what you supposedly (re: don't) believe in.

Tell me the difference between Atenism and Islam and why one is more legitimate than the other in explaining the existence of any superpowerful beings
So do you honestly not think its offensive to say that my whole reason for existence and my way of life is absolute rubbish?? Even if i believed that of someone else, i would never say it because its rude. That is all im saying here. If u want to think that Islam is the most awful thing in the world, than you go ahead and think that, but i dont appreciate the rudeness that your doint that with

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
So

Humour me with this

Would any relgious violence have happened (we're talking millions of lives here) without religion?
yeah probably given that the absence of theism seems to just channel human tendencies to zealotry into ideology instead

and most religious violence is inspired by dozens of other factors anyway all working together in a complex way and nothing is monocasual as much as atheists and their angry simplistic RELIGION= ALL BAD THINGS IN DA WORLD like to say it is

Last edited:

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
Atenism... now there was a historical mistake

Yeah, apparently demolishing most of your capital city, moving it to an arbitrary shit hole in the desert for no reason and then having the next generation move it back again isn't the best thing for your empire

Akenhaten was still better than Mohammed tho

RANK 1

HSC
So do you honestly not think its offensive to say that my whole reason for existence and my way of life is absolute rubbish?? Even if i believed that of someone else, i would never say it because its rude. That is all im saying here. If u want to think that Islam is the most awful thing in the world, than you go ahead and think that, but i dont appreciate the rudeness that your doint that with
yes. praying, fasting, etc is all pointless and a waste of time

maymz

HSC
N/A
and also, women dont engage in certain religious activities such as fasting and praying when they have their period, to make it easier for them, not because Allah hates us- after all he made women that way so it wouldnt make sene! When you have your period, you need iron to make up for whats being lost, and fasting wouldnt help with that. Also, when praying, we are required to have Wudu, which is something you dont have after going to the toilet, and have to redo each time. This wouldnt be fair on women who are constantly going to the toilet because they have their period.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
yeah probably given that the absence of theism seems to just channel human tendencies to zealotry into ideology instead
That's debatable, but I do agree with you to some degree.

Freedom of speech includes the shit you don't like hearing, which is the whole point.

And yes Islam (as well as all religions) are extremely silly things to lead your life by

as in

the worst things you could lead your life by
Atenism... now there was a historical mistake

Yeah, apparently demolishing most of your capital city, moving it to an arbitrary shit hole in the desert for no reason and then having the next generation move it back again isn't the best thing for your empire

Akenhaten was still better than Mohammed tho
The artwork and sculpting was pretty fantastic though

maymz

HSC
N/A
yes. praying, fasting, etc is all pointless and a waste of time
Yes and thats why you're not Muslim. But you can't make people who are, and who feel that its not pointless as if they are foolish and dumb for believing in it. Not once in all my posts have i tried to convert you, i just wanted to make you see it from a Muslim's perspective, because its so often represented FOR us rather than by us. I honestly dont understand why thats a crime and what iv done to get so bagged out

maymz

HSC
N/A
That's debatable, but I do agree with you to some degree.

Freedom of speech includes the shit you don't like hearing, which is the whole point.

And yes Islam (as well as all religions) are extremely silly things to lead your life by

as in

the worst things you could lead your life by

The artwork and sculpting was pretty fantastic though

well than thats what i dont agree with you about- freedom of speech was not designed to make people needlessly critisize everyone around them about every little thing they dont agree with- it is designed to give people who dont have a say and who are being victimised, the right to speak up and express themselves. Theres a big difference there.

HSC
Uni Grad
I would like to give thanks to the mighty allah for keeping me semi entertained this afternoon.

HSC
Freedom of speech wasn't designed in the first place. It's just the absence of people like you.

RANK 1

HSC
Yes and thats why you're not Muslim. But you can't make people who are, and who feel that its not pointless as if they are foolish and dumb for believing in it. Not once in all my posts have i tried to convert you, i just wanted to make you see it from a Muslim's perspective, because its so often represented FOR us rather than by us. I honestly dont understand why thats a crime and what iv done to get so bagged out
lol...probably because you're posting in an area that's mostly atheist, also i honestly couldnt care less if u want to spend your time praying or do whatever you muslim people do, i just enjoy seeing replies as to why you do this stuff

Last edited:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
well than thats what i dont agree with you about- freedom of speech was not designed to make people needlessly critisize everyone around them about every little thing they dont agree with- it is designed to give people who dont have a say and who are being victimised, the right to speak up and express themselves. Theres a big difference there.

maymz

HSC
N/A
And if im cherry picking the aspects of my religion that i like, then your picking the aspects you hate without balancing the two! the two are equally unfair

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)