• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The greatest mistakes in ~history~ (1 Viewer)

maymz

HSC
N/A
organised religion
For God's Sake!!! why can't you people understand that religion isnt the problem- it's how people choose to follow it!! people who bag out religion ALWAYS base it on stupid things that minorities have done, or when some leader who is corrupt anyway and wants power uses religion as an excuse to start a war!!!

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
So

Humour me with this

Would any relgious violence have happened (we're talking millions of lives here) without religion?

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
You know its obvious that there are ignorant people all over the world, but what annoys me is when they show their absolute lack of knowledge for everyone to see and offend millions of people at the same time. Mohammed didnt found the religion you retard, Allah did- you know, muslims's God??? duh Mohammed was just one of many prophets who spread the word of God and in the process the peace that REAL islam encompasses. Just because this thread started with 9/11 it doesnt mean that this can be a free-for-all to bag out Islam- but i guess i can see the connection. The person who wrote this comment is just as stupid as the people who were responsible for 9/11 who gave Islam such a violent reputation that it doesnt deserve!!!
also lol @ this entire post

RANK 1

HSC
For God's Sake!!! why can't you people understand that religion isnt the problem- it's how people choose to follow it!! people who bag out religion ALWAYS base it on stupid things that minorities have done, or when some leader who is corrupt anyway and wants power uses religion as an excuse to start a war!!!
religion is not the problem, its a problem

maymz

HSC
N/A
if sure if there were any they'd be noted
I don't think anyones noted the positive contributions of religion to society
It's because these people are so ignorant that all they believe is what the media feed them, and since the media only propogate religion as being negetive to increase ratings and incite hatred, thats all they know about. I guess the media has done their job though- the top comment is proof of that

maymz

HSC
N/A
religion is not the problem, its a problem
Again, i'll repeat what i said before- religion is just a way of life, a set of guidlines to live by. It can't be a problem if the people who follow it dont make it a problem.

And then ofcourse theres the media who only focus on the negetive aspects of everything and the mistakes people make- so ofcourse its going to seem like religions a problem. HUMANS MAKE MISTAKES!!! it doesnt matter what religion their categorized under!

Last edited:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
It's because these people are so ignorant that all they believe is what the media feed them, and since the media only propogate religion as being negetive to increase ratings and incite hatred, thats all they know about. I guess the media has done their job though- the top comment is proof of that
You've entered stage 2 of the muslim defence all systems green

Don't ignore me

maymz

HSC
N/A
So

Humour me with this

Would any relgious violence have happened (we're talking millions of lives here) without religion?

uh yeah, because there are always going to be corrupt leaders who want power, no matter what religion they follow. Humans are not perfect and religion doesnt change that. The murderers, rapists, thiefs etc we see everyday on tv, committ these crimes without the influence of religion quite easily

Last edited:

RANK 1

HSC
so please, enlighten us on these 'positive contributions'

maymz

HSC
N/A
so please, enlighten us on these 'positive contributions'
My point is not to make religion to be the perfect solution where all is rainbows and fairies- i just want people to be more open minded and not focus on the negetives so much. Yes religious people have been responsible for heinous crimes, but i dont think that this should taint the image of religion because humans will make mistakes with or without its influence

Last edited:

RANK 1

HSC
My point is not to make religion to be the perfect solution where all is rainbows and fairies- i just want people to be more open minded and not focus on the negetives so much. Yes religious people have been responsible for heinous crimes, but i dont think that this should taint the image of religion
i dont think religion is bad because 'religious people have been responsible for heinous crimes', i think its bad because it revolves around stupid, illogical and baseless beliefs. it restricts scientific progress and creativity. religion is essentially useless, to the rational mind

maymz

HSC
N/A
i dont think religion is bad because 'religious people have been responsible for heinous crimes', i think its bad because it revolves around stupid, illogical and baseless beliefs. it restricts scientific progress and creativity. religion is essentially useless, to the rational mind
First of all, that is sooooo offensive that it crosses the line of 'freedom of speech'. Second of all, many religions incorporate scientific fact into their belief system. In the Koran for example, there is so much astronomical, geographical and biological evidence that has been proven by modern scientific discoveries e.g things to do with the human body, the earths structure etc. There is no way in hell i am going to try and tell you that you should follow a religion- but please dont make accusations against it when you clearly dont know enough about it.

RANK 1

HSC
First of all, that is sooooo offensive that it crosses the line of 'freedom of speech'. Second of all, many religions incorporate scientific fact into their belief system. In the Koran for example, there is so much astronomical, geographical and biological evidence that has been proven by modern scientific discoveries e.g things to do with the human body, the earths structure etc. There is no way in hell i am going to try and tell you that you should follow a religion- but please dont make accusations against it when you clearly dont know enough about it.
it also says(copy and pasted):
"...now that a Book confirming their own has come to them from God, they deny it...they reply: 'We believe in what was revealed to us.' But they deny what has since been revealed, although it is truth...Say: 'Whoever is an enemy of Gabriel' (who has by God's grace revealed to you [Muhammad] the Koran as a guide...confirming previous scriptures)..will surely find that God is the enemy of the unbelievers.'...And now that an apostle has come to them from God confirming their own Scriptures, some of those to whom the Scriptures were given cast off the Book of God behind their backs...The unbelievers among the People of the Book, and the pagans, resent that any blessings should have been sent down to you from your Lord. " (Surah 2:88-, 98-, 103-)

"Slay them wherever you find them...Idolatry is worse than carnage...Fight against them until idolatry is no more and God's religion reigns supreme." (Surah 2:190-)

"Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it." (Surah 2:216)

"Men are tempted [in this life] by the lure of women...far better is the return of God. Say: 'Shall I tell you of better things than these, with which the righteous shall be rewarded by their Lord? Theirs shall be gardens watered by running streams, where they shall dwell for ever: wives of perfect chastity..." (Surah 3:14, 15)

"The only true faith in God's sight is Islam." (Surah 3:19)

"Believers, do not make friends with any but your own people...They desire nothing but your ruin....You believe in the entire Book...When they meet you they say: 'We, too, are believers.' But when alone, they bite their finger-tips with rage." (Surah 3:118, 119)

"If you should die or be slain in the cause of God, His forgiveness and His mercy would surely be better than all the riches..." (Surah 3:156-)

"To those that declare: 'God has commanded us to believe no apostle unless he brings down fire to consume an offering,' say: 'Other apostles before me [Muhammad] have come to you with veritable signs and worked the miracle you asked for...If they reject you [Muhammad], other apostles have been rejected before you..." (Surah 3:183-)

"If you wish to replace a wife with another, do not take from her the dowry you have given her..." (Surah 4:20)

"Forbidden to you are...married women, except those you own as slaves." (Surah 4:20-, 24-)

"Believers, do not approach your prayers when you are drunk, but wait till you can grasp the meaning of your words..." (Surah 4:43)

"Seek out your enemies relentlessly." (Surah 4:103-)

"Try as you may, you cannot treat all your wives impartially." (Surah 4:126-)

"The Jews and Christians say: 'We are the children of God and His loved ones.' Say: 'Why then does He punish you for your sins?" (Surah 5:18)

"Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends." (Surah 5:51)

"The God will say: 'Jesus, son of Mary, did you ever say to mankind 'Worship me and my mother as gods besides God?' 'Glory to You, 'he will answer, 'how could I ever say that to which I have no right?" (Surah 5:114-)

"Believers, when you encounter the infidels on the march, do not turn your backs to them in flight. If anyone on that day turns his back to them, except it be for tactical reasons...he shall incur the wrath of God and Hell shall be his home..." (Surah 8:12-)

"Make war on them until idolatry shall cease and God's religion shall reign supreme." (Surah 8:36-)

"If you fear treachery from any of your allies, you may fairly retaliate by breaking off your treaty with them." (Surah 8:51-)

"...make war on the leaders of unbelief...Make war on them: God will chastise them at your hands and humble them. He will grant you victory over them..." (Surah 9:12-)

"It ill becomes the idolaters [non-Muslims] to visit the mosques of God..." (Surah 9:17)

"Fight against such as those to whom the Scriptures were given [Jews and Christians]...until they pay tribute out of hand and are utterly subdued." (Surah 9:27-)

"It is He who has sent forth His apostle with guidance and the true Faith [Islam] to make it triumphant over all religions, however much the idolaters [non-Muslims] may dislike it." (Surah 9:31-)

"If you do not fight, He will punish you sternly, and replace you by other men." (Surah 9:37-)

"Prophet make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites and deal rigorously with them. Hell shall be their home." (Surah 9:73)

"Believers, make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Deal firmly with them." (Surah 9:121-)

"Say: 'Praise be to God who has never begotten a son; who has no partner in His Kingdom..." (Surah 17:111)

"'How shall I bear a child,' she [Mary] answered, 'when I am a virgin...?' 'Such is the will of the Lord,' he replied. 'That is no difficult thing for Him...God forbid that He [God[ Himself should beget a son!...Those who say: 'The Lord of Mercy has begotten a son,' preach a monstrous falsehood..." (Surah 19:12-, 29-, 88)

"Fight for the cause of God with the devotion due to Him...He has given you the name of Muslims..." (Surah 22:7:cool:

"Blessed are the believers...who restrain their carnal desires (except with their wives and slave-girls, for these are lawful to them)...These are the heirs of Paradise..." (Surah 23:1-5-)

"As for the faithful who do good works and believe what is revealed to Muhammad...He will forgive them their sins..." (Surah 47:1)

"Muhammad is God's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another." (Surah 48:29)

"Shall the reward of goodness be anything but good?...Dark-eyed virgins sheltered in their tents...They shall recline on green cushions and fine carpets...Blessed be the name of your Lord..." (Surah 55:52-66-)

maymz

HSC
N/A
what are you trying to say with that picture? im not against freedom of speech, i just think that people use it as an excuse to say really offensive and unnecessary things.

maymz

HSC
N/A
Rank 1- its very easy to isolate seperate quotes to make Islam look bad, but have you ever heard of 'taking things out of context'????its exactly what you've just done. And anyway, i thought your problem was with the fact that it impedes on science and creativity??

RANK 1

HSC
what are you trying to say with that picture? im not against freedom of speech, i just think that people use it as an excuse to say really offensive and unnecessary things.
what are you on about? the only reason a religious person would find what i say offensive is if he/she cant find a strong enough rebuke to oppose my comment.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
you have absolutely no fucking idea what you're talking about please stop posting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)