The Holy Qu'ran- Favourite verses (1 Viewer)

mentos

HSC
ummm did a muslim mufti not say that Australian women were like uncovered meat.....is that not encouraging rape????????????? if the quran is so Holy why are muslim leaders encouraging hatred and violence against women?????

mentos

HSC
and wait one more thing how many muslim people actually know how to read the quran...cos i was just wondering???it's only written in arabic and not evrey muslim knows arabic do they

HotShot

-_-
HSC
mentos said:
and wait one more thing how many muslim people actually know how to read the quran...cos i was just wondering???it's only written in arabic and not evrey muslim knows arabic do they
If its only arabic, lol how come you can find stuff from the quran on the internet in ENGLISH?

ever heard of the world 'translate' or 'translation'.

the quran has been converted to many other languages - so that you dont need to know ARABIC at all.

Fuck the ARABS..lazy cunts.

aLIS

HSC
Ever muslim may not KNOW arabic but they all LEARN arabic to read the quran in its originality.
Of the millions in the world that have memorised the whole quran (let alone recite), the majority are non-arabs (espesially from the asia pacific).

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
ditto said:
Ari, I gotta laugh at that one! So you’re telling me:

(a) That you do NOT infact hold a deep dislike for members of the muslim community, OR

(b) That you came to this thread with the sole purpose of reading and appreciating others’ favourite versus of the holy Qur’an?

No? Then that my friend (lol just to make you cringe) was no baseless comment.
Umm...please relearn (or in your position, learn) the definition of 'generalisations'....generalisations that were made about everyone with no factual basis other than a zeal to defend on emotion are not specific to one person, namely me. So please think before you type.

Now in regard to your questions, which in fact prove you are still making generalistions invalidating your entire post, I will answer.

a) I do infact hold much dislike for some (but very few) members of the muslim community however that view is rightfully so. I have mixed deeply with them at times of my life and much of what they do and believe is utterly disgusting. On the other hand, I have many muslim friends which I hold dearly and do not dislike. Now, as I remember correctly these people are also members of the Muslim community.
So what is the answer to the question? Not what you expected I assume. Cringing yet?

b) Was your sole purpose in coming to this thread reading and appreciating other people's favorite verses of the Koran? I didn't have a sole purpose as with a forum you never expect what lies beyond the thread title. However, my initial intentions were in fact to read other peoples favorite verses and to see why they appreciate them. Why? Because I have read the Koran and many Hadith writings and I am interested in how muslim 'institutionalised' people see the Koran. See, I myself have read the Koran independant of being told what to believe by a traditional muslim family or an Iman so I have read it for its true value free from the prejudice of 'you must believe it' or the 'if it doesn't make sense it really does, you just can't see it'.
Then on my brilliance I quoted some verses I remembered from the first few chapters of the Koran to see how you would approach them considering their negative stance towards women. But I assume you have no clue about your own religion or holy book so you throw back insults, avoid them or get something irrelevant from a Muslim website. The latter being so common amongst Muslims it really lends itself to the fact that people such as yourself have no clue about what you've been told to believe. So, was that what you were expecting? Making you cringe?

I guess your inability to answer the questions brought up about the Koran and inability to understand it brands you evildoers for Allah only misleads them.

So, yes. My friend, you have again achieved more baseless posts pigeon holing the entire non-muslim world into a category your hate filled anti-kafir stigma leads you to believe.

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
mentos said:
ummm did a muslim mufti not say that Australian women were like uncovered meat.....is that not encouraging rape????????????? if the quran is so Holy why are muslim leaders encouraging hatred and violence against women?????
that mufti is a cumquat (it sounds so coarse) anyway, so it's silly to bring him up.

Ba'al Shem Tov

يهوه هو الرب
HSC
N/A
aLIS said:
Ever muslim may not KNOW arabic but they all LEARN arabic to read the quran in its originality.
I am 110% sure that you are lying.

aLIS

HSC
stop picking on small words rather than the purpose or meaning of the sentence!

edi:
Every muslim may not KNOW arabic but most LEARN arabic to read the quran in its originality.

Ba'al Shem Tov

يهوه هو الرب
HSC
N/A
aLIS said:
stop picking on small words rather than the purpose or meaning of the sentence!

edi:
Every muslim may not KNOW arabic but most LEARN arabic to read the quran in its originality.
The meaning of the sentence was a paradox and that is why I brought the meaning into question. Not the individual words as you accused me of. A simple 'sorry, I was wrong' would not have gone too far but I guess you are so far up on your high horse that it would only occur in an attempt to discredit my claim of you being on a high horse. A paradoxical situation. Should you act or should we just assume everything you say is an error?

Ba'al Shem Tov

يهوه هو الرب
HSC
N/A
aLIS said:
edi:
And the new edit: No, I am 110% sure that most do not learn arabic to read the qu'ran in its originality otherwise the 100+ or so non-arabic Muslims I know who haven't read the qu'ran in Arabic or learnt Arabic in order to read it are some statistical anomaly hidden from the Muslim world. I might go so far to say it is the Jewish run media that hides them from you? Or do they fabricate them?

Last edited:

retarded777

HSC
N/A
hi...all the muslims out there remember the Surah Al-Khaafirooon......

1. Say (O Muhammad () to these Mushrikûn and Kâfirûn): "O Al-Kâfirûn (disbelievers in Allâh, in His Oneness, in His Angels, in His Books, in His Messengers, in the Day of Resurrection, and in Al-Qadar, etc.)!

2. "I worship not that which you worship,

3. "Nor will you worship that which I worship.

4. "And I shall not worship that which you are worshipping.

5. "Nor will you worship that which I worship.

6. "To you be your religion, and to me my religion

beentherdunthat

HSC
Optophobia said:
YEhhh!

..and what's gonna be done about it?

IF you know two languages, you would know that sometimes things translate into something worse- that is, it becomes taken out of context.

For example, if someone is shouting at you and you tell them to 'eat me'- we know the metaphorical implication. Say that in arabic and the person takes GREAT offence (Previous experience hehe).

It's quite normal then that Australians took offence to what the sheick said... It obviously wasn't intended for Aussies to hear it, because in Arabic, it sounds different... not so bad and the implication isn't as bad. The sheick didn't mean any harm by it.

ari89 - Wtf

Last edited:

aLIS

HSC
"to you your religion, to me mine"...or sumthing like that? correct me..
Thats surat al-kafiroon. As posted by retarted777:

hi...all the muslims out there remember the Surah Al-Khaafirooon......

1. Say (O Muhammad () to these Mushrikûn and Kâfirûn): "O Al-Kâfirûn (disbelievers in Allâh, in His Oneness, in His Angels, in His Books, in His Messengers, in the Day of Resurrection, and in Al-Qadar, etc.)!

2. "I worship not that which you worship,

3. "Nor will you worship that which I worship.

4. "And I shall not worship that which you are worshipping.

5. "Nor will you worship that which I worship.

6. "To you be your religion, and to me my religion

i havnt had a chance to read the quran this ramadan.. feeling pretty guilty lol
still time left inshallah; do not delay further!

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
How the hell can anyone put faith into a religion that teaches such obvious contradictions? On one hand, you have the book telling you to respect other religions, and then on the other hand you have the book telling you to kill those who don't follow this Mohammed dude. Retarded.

And before it comes up, I'm aware that the Bible is equally contradictory as the Quran. I dislike both.

Mabs

Meowmix
HSC
mentos said:
You see, hatred and violence against women is holy in the eyes of Allah. It's very simple, no?

Ba'al Shem Tov

يهوه هو الرب
HSC
N/A
The Prophet (the blessing and peace of Allah be upon him) said: "Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?" The women said: "Yes." He said: "This is because of the deficiency of her mind."

AND

"Upon this the woman remarked: What is wrong with our common sense and with religion? He (the Holy Prophet) observed: Your lack of common sense (can be well judged from the fact) that the evidence of two women is equal to one man, that is a proof of the lack of common sense."

AND

". . . Wives have the same rights as the husbands have on them in accordance with the generally known principles. Of course, men are a degree above them in status . . . "

AND

The Prophet said, "I looked at Paradise and found poor people forming the majority of its inhabitants; and I looked at Hell and saw that the majority of its inhabitants were women."
<SUP>[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]</SUP>
[SIZE=-1]hahahaha[/SIZE]

ditto

drops of jupiter
HSC
Ari89, so you’re telling me you have judged an entire race/community according to your experience with a few individuals, and yet accuse me of being illogical/making generalisations?

About terrorism, ofcourse, Islam does NOT permit terrorism! Islam is a religion of mercy and kindness.

God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealiong justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers
(Qur’an, 60:8)

There are extremists in all religions, it isn’t fair to think of everyone like this. Fighting and killing will always be wrong, this faith and its followers will never support this.

The status of women in islam? They are seen as individuals in their own right, can do everything men can do for example: own or get rid of property or earnings, can buy sell, give gifts charity etc etc.

The most perfect of the believers in faith are the best of them in morals. And the best among them are those who are best to their wives.
(^narrated in Mosnad Ahmed #7354 and Al-Tirmizi, #1162)

Mothers in Islam are highly honoured, as in Hadith.

You wonder about the role of women in islam, but I’m just wondering, aren’t women in Christianity described to have made the original sin, since Eve? Or was that just in the olden days?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)