The Holy Qu'ran- Favourite verses (1 Viewer)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
ditto said:
Ari89, so you’re telling me you have judged an entire race/community according to your experience with a few individuals, and yet accuse me of being illogical/making generalisations?

Read what I wrote
. I said I had an opinion of those people and I also had an opinion of great Muslim people I know (eg. agentprovocator who posted above). The entire point of that section of the post was that I hadn't judged an entire race and my opinion of those people was based on their actions just as my opinion on the other group was based on their actions.

Now I should really accuse you of being illiterate and what not (as your constant reaction does play that way):p. Please read the entire post before you attempt to rebut it as it would save you much time and embarrassment.

Last edited:

aLIS

HSC
Hey Ba'al Shem i wanna know what your motive/ aim/ purpose is exactly by posting things which you have no knowledge about.

Is your main aim to mock? is that why your here for?

If that it so.. we could get the party started after HSC; a party like youve never seen before.

Lets just forget differences between muslims and non-muslims for a sec (judaism in your case i sus) and show your RESPECT if you truly have any.

what are you trying to achieve?

ditto

drops of jupiter
HSC
lol you're right, i'm terrible at fighting and arguements. :( its unfortunate because you seem very good at it! :) hehe

so does anyone have info about the role of women in christianity? I know very little about it.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
In Israel there was a common theme of gender inequality where the husband was the head of the house hold etc. Contrastingly, there were times at which men and women were equal (e.g. compensation for slaves). At other times the author of the biblical narrative (no, narrative =/= fiction) highlights great women including - Deborah (in Judges I think) who was a Judge of Israel (A judge was an important position, was the top position prior to Kingship in ancient Israel) and leader of the Army. There was Michal, first wife of King David, who demonstrated heroic traits in helping her husband escape when I think it was Saul who sent people to murder him. (That would have been in Samual). There were also female prophets such as Miriam, Noadiah, Isiah's wife, Huldah etc.

At the above time the view was different to what the New Testament and the teachings of Jesus say.

The New Testament view is one of mostly equality however there still is the restriction of Women as priests (some churches today allow women priets/ministers). Note, women were allowed to take part in the church such as the deacon Pheobe in Romans(?) and as travelling 'evangelists'.
Men are still the head of the house, however, the compassionate loving relationship is emphasised:

For wives, this means submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23 For a husband is the head of his wife as Christ is the head of the church. He is the Savior of his body, the church. As the church submits to Christ, so you wives should submit to your husbands in everything. For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her. (Ephesians 5:22-25)

As for rights in the bedroom a mutual relationship is established, "unless you both agree", where both partners give authority of their body over to the other. (1 Corinthians 7:3-5)

However, in the religious sense women are equal to men.
There is no longer Jew or Gentile,<sup> </sup>slave or free, male and female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus. (Galatians 3:28)

I'm not the authority on the issue but that is pretty much my 2cents worth off the top of my head.

btw, ditto, it isn't about arguing...it's about reading properly:p

aLIS

HSC
However, in the religious sense women are equal to men.
There is no longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male and female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus. (Galatians 3:28)
As well as in islam; gender equality, spiritual equality, responsibility and accountability for both men and women is a well-developed theme in the Quran.

The believers, men and women, are protectors, one of another: they enjoin what is just and forbid what is evil: they observe regular prayers, practice regular charity, and obey Allah and His Messenger. On them will Allah pour His Mercy: for Allah is Exalted in power, Wise. (Qur'an 9:71)

"I shall not lose sight of the labor of any of you who labors in My way, be it man or woman; each of you is equal to the other (3:195)"

M

Muhammad pbuh

Sura 8:39
Make war on them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme

Sura 9:73
O Prophet! Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites. Be harsh with them. Their ultimate abode is hell, a hapless journey's end.

Sura 9:123
Fight unbelievers who are near to you.
(different translation:)
Believers! Make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Let them find harshness in you.

(another source: ) Ye who believe! Murder those of the disbelievers....

aLIS

HSC
^youve got alot of time on your hands. Or just very very bored.

Last edited:

retarded777

HSC
N/A
A hadith i like:

"My servant draws not near to Me with anything more loved by Me than the religious duties I have enjoined upon him, and My servant continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I shall love him. When I love him I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him, and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it. I do not hesitate about anything as much as I hesitate about [seizing] the soul of My faithful servant: he hates death and I hate hurting him.”

nil8r153

HSC
Interesting to see how the bigotry has developed in the past 10 years! Don't even remember posting here, certainly don't remember the shitstorm that came after.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)