The Individual and Society (1 Viewer)

clerisy

HSC
Originally posted by Persephone87
My second assessment:uhoh: :uhoh: was an oral on how one of our prescribed texts and another related one reflect the notion of the individual in his/her social contexts and to evaluate how the values of that era affected the text on how it was written and recieved. It gets better: they examined us to see if we actually listened by making us write afterwards (assessable) a reflection statement on the speeches of our peers and what we have learned.:hammer: They're putting us trough the grinder...I only think its going to get worse....
That's exactly the same as our assessment, except we have to to do it on two related texts, with reference to how they relate to prescribed ones. We have to do reflections too, on all our classmates as well as ourselves-- I HATE handing in opinions on my own work! I never know whether to make it sound great, in which case you might seem arrogant, or whether to sound modest-- in which case they might think, "Well, if she doesn't think it's fantastic..."

Originally posted by keladry
how much will you write in the hsc? and will you talk about all six poems (for Browning) and all six eps of P&P? and how on earth are you going to integrate everything?!?!
I'm not doing Browning, but I've been thinking about P&P as a full movie, as opposed to six separate parts. I always thought I'd refer to all of them, because its only one story, but I hadn't considered dividing them up before... maybe I should casually slip into an essay the fact that I know the medium is 'media' and not film?

keladry

lady knight
HSC
yeah i guess that makes sense...but we're studying each episode individually atm, not as a whole, but i suppose that comes later...

kleptomaniac

HSC
Just wondering, are your teachers giving you time to study one of your related texts? Our teacher is giving us time to analyse our prose fiction in class, and we've got an assessment on it at the end of the analysis.

salls21

HELP NEEDED re supplements

i hope someone out there can help me: i actually have NO supplementary texts - like, im not kidding here, im royally screwed...
plus, i have an assessments based on supp texts in less than 2 weeks, so i could REALLY use some help if anyone has any suggestions for texts... PLEEEEASE email me: salls21@hotmail.com
thanks all
:)

frazzle

HSC
texts

we're doing:

pride and prejudice
a doll's house
north and south

we're currently analysing north and south (gotta finish reading that novel!) and i've got to say, out of the 3 texts, i like pride and prejudice the least. (don't kill me!)

how can so many girls be infactuated by mr. darcy? i'm sorry, i just can't see WHY!?

clerisy

HSC
Originally posted by frazzle
how can so many girls be infactuated by mr. darcy? i'm sorry, i just can't see WHY!?
Well.

I just can't fathom it.

keladry

lady knight
HSC
You forgot the swimming scene and the subsequent meeting with Elizabeth when he's still dripping wet.... :D

Jeedai

HSC
Ah yes, the wet shirt scene... Our english teacher (the only male in the room) always rolls his eyes at our reaction to that scene...

btw, with extra texts, has anyone considered doing 'The Princess'? I kinda have less than 2 weeks to do my next english ext assessment and I'm sort of stuck with what to do... Do you think 'The Princess' fits I&S?

frazzle

HSC
is that sally (salls21) and elly (jeedai)? hello!

and nah... still don't see the "hotness" in colin firth/darcy =|

hscfreak

HSC
Hey everyone, I'm just posting to let you know that I got 20/20 for my representing assessment task on Individual and Society - Browning's poetry

:D :D :D

LozziPozzi

LozziPOzzi
HSC
N/A
our class has just finished studying p&p and we are all in love with it and infatuated with darcy.....I never thought colin firth was hot but Mr darcy is just divine.....the president of the jane austen society came and spoke to us was so great...
ah jane austen- i love that women what a genius...
How can u possibly compare p&p to any other texts? i like a dolls house too, and brownings pretty good but its PRIDE AND PREJUDICE...i should stop now, i am fully aware of my unhealthy obsession with it....haha

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Originally posted by Jeedai
btw, with extra texts, has anyone considered doing 'The Princess'? I kinda have less than 2 weeks to do my next english ext assessment and I'm sort of stuck with what to do... Do you think 'The Princess' fits I&S?
If you are talking about Tennyson's The Princess, then yeah I think that would work quite well for I&S.

And all of you, stop drooling over Mr Darcy and start working lol..... this is from a girl who watched P&P several times during stuvac to "study" it lol.... P&P very much rocks.

clerisy

HSC
Would a text set in 1900 be an appropriate related text? Surely that one year that separates 1900 from the 1800s can't matter all that much for the purposes of 'individual and society'???

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I think that it would be as long as it adheres to the guidelines set in the rubric (would be useful for I&S)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)