• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The lie that Islam promotes Paedophilia. (1 Viewer)

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Recently a smear against the Islamic faith has been propogated throughout the Internet that Islam promotes paedophilia.

The smear is a lie and does not come from the Islamic text (the Qur'an), but rather from another set of books called hadith (or stories). The smear first began spreading in online forums as a way of slandering muslim people defending the Palestinian plight against the illegal and unjust occupation by Israel.

The smear in itself is often misinterpreted and furthermore takes the situation out of the context. The smear comes from the last prophet of Islam's last wife. Different sources state she was around the age of puberty, others that she was as young as 11 or 12 years old at the age of consumation of their marriage.

Immediately this would seem to be quite wrong by modern western standards, because it's taken out of context. In the times of Muhammad PBUH (almost 1,400 years ago) the life expectancy was about the age of 20, which is much lower then modern times. In modern times this life expectancy has almost tripled, and thus it would be natural for the age of consent to change.

There are also cultural differences to take in to perspective.

In the United States of America for instance the age of consent is 18.
In Australia and the United Kingdom the age of consent is 16.
In Canada (North America) the age of consent is 14.
In Japan the age of consent is 13. (And even 12 in certain parts of the country.)

Basically you can see how a regular Canadian or Australian could be considered a Paedophile in U.S law and culture. So you see how even in the 21st century (2007), different cultures have different ideas of what is paedophilia.

Next you have to take in to consideration that even in Australia and the U.K, less than 300 years ago the age of consent was completely different. Even in the late 1800's and early 1900's the age of consent in the U.S was 10! And how about iconic characters like Juliet and her mother? They were both around the age of 12 and 13 when they were expected to marry, due to culture.

So you see how something completely normal 1,400 years ago is taken out of context to say that Islam promotes pedophilia. Which is completely untrue and infact a smear used against muslims. I mean what is the perfect indicator of preparedness for sexual activity? 1,400 years ago it was menstruation.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4159/is_20041212/ai_n12764669 [time paradox]

Last edited:

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Ba'al Shem Tov said:
lol hows the diet?
Ramadan is not a diet, you moron. How are your lies and smears going?

Ba'al Shem Tov

يهوه هو الرب
HSC
N/A
sam04u said:
Ramadan is not a diet, you moron. How are your lies and smears going?
Then how the hell are you running off ketones?

What lies and smear campaigns? I distinctly remember a fraudulent thread made claiming that Judaism promotes paedophilia made before anything suggesting Islam did.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Ba'al Shem Tov said:
Then how the hell are you running off ketones?

What lies and smear campaigns? I distinctly remember a fraudulent thread made claiming that Judaism promotes paedophilia made before anything suggesting Islam did.
Right, and instead of doing what I did. (Making a thread disproving it.) You instead tried to make an attack on another religion, how does that help your cause? (it makes you just as bad.) You could have just as easily made him look like a moron, instead of discrediting yourself.

Ba'al Shem Tov

يهوه هو الرب
HSC
N/A
sam04u said:
Right, and instead of doing what I did. (Making a thread disproving it.) You instead tried to make an attack on the another religion, how does that help your cause? (it makes you just as bad.) You could have just as easily made him look like a moron, instead of discrediting yourself.
Read how he posts. He already looked like a moron. Especially as the quotes either didn't exist, were constructed and weren't even from the Torah or 'cannonised' Talmuds. Then when he continually broke down into insults and swearing it made him look much like the fool.

How did I discredit myself? Those Hadith quotes were all correct whereas he had nothing. Just because a minority of people take offense to it doesn't mean the entire world is affected.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
This "person" you seem to be referring to? he seems to be quite intelligent?

i simply made the thread with the intention to start some controversy and see you defend your religion for a few moments whilst you hide behind your fat computer making comments about Islam which correctly mirror your balanced, unbiased views.

Secondly, those jewish extracts from the thalmud are actually correct, and even if they differ slightly which they clearly dont i dont think
"Rape 3 year olds" can sound much different... and no they were not fabricated. if you took the time to actually research your religion you would find these lies and cracks.

and thirdly "sam4ou" you dont honestly believe making this thread will make people less ignorant... you dont honestly believe people will actually read this thread . People such as the Ba'al dude have corrupted minds who interpret everything differently

and finally..
Ba'al whatever.. your my bitch, i make a thread, so you make a thread. its just how you are. your my bitch . you do as i say. which is what has been clearly demonstarted over the past few days.

if you actually notice . i never used to post in here till 3 days ago. i come in and see that you make all these smear threads and im like .. "hey what the hell lets see where we can go with this" and then i manage to egg ya on.. which is quite fun. and waste you time..

Ive notived something quite funny about you, your quite funny you make a thread and you sit here trying to prove your points to me
By making up FAKE QUOTES like the sodoimisation quote
which conveniently got "edited" out........... and which you still fail to mention when i bring it up

Overall though, i think me and you have a real connection, i think we were meant to be, like. before i was lost, but now. everything feels so right....
what do you think?

Ba'al Shem Tov

يهوه هو الرب
HSC
N/A
You serve no purpose on this forum whereby all you do is attempt to insult. Quite petty.

The quotes that you posted are fake and I was not the only person to point that out. You know they are fake too so I fail to see why you keep acting as if they are real.

Again, no quotes were edited out please open your eyes. And they were addressed, check the reply to Ademir.

Lastly:

he seems to be quite intelligent?
One word for you:

YOU'RE

If there's one thing you take away from this saga make it be that, especially as English is compulsory for the HSC. Best of luck with it.

Psilo

HSC
welcome to a world of lies and deception, dont worry its not going to last much longer, humans are due for extinction,

and if mother nature doesnt do it, we've got enough weapons to do it our selves

Psilo

HSC
Schroedinger said:
All I know is that people that read the koran are all criminals according to the TV.
last i heard if your not christian your criminal :sleep:

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Ba'al Shem Tov said:
You serve no purpose on this forum whereby all you do is attempt to insult. Quite petty.

The quotes that you posted are fake and I was not the only person to point that out. You know they are fake too so I fail to see why you keep acting as if they are real.

Again, no quotes were edited out please open your eyes. And they were addressed, check the reply to Ademir.

Lastly:

One word for you:

YOU'RE

If there's one thing you take away from this saga make it be that, especially as English is compulsory for the HSC. Best of luck with it.
the reply of a man who just got OWNED

Ba'al Shem Tov

يهوه هو الرب
HSC
N/A
sam04u said:
Right, and instead of doing what I did. (Making a thread disproving it.) You instead tried to make an attack on another religion, how does that help your cause? (it makes you just as bad.) You could have just as easily made him look like a moron, instead of discrediting yourself.
okay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)