The McDonald's Thread (1 Viewer)

klh

HSC
i hoped you get what you wanted, which was stated in your post, like in your first sentence.
Ill see how it goes, i just also want to ask how do you quit, any forms?

BTW, thansk again, i hope my Maccas is alrite, if i get in.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i worked there for 3 years. i think for an 18 year old the pay is llike 10 or 11 dollars an hour.

just be friendly and outgoing. and you will either work on the front counter and serve customers or else flip burgers in the back area

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
mc donalds interview pfft...
for my interview i was in skool uniform after skool...
it was easy as
and before i even got home
they had called my home and told my mum i got the job
it wanst much...
dont worry bout it

alien

HSC
hehe quitting is easy, you write a letter of resignation and that is their two weeks notice. but they tried to keep on giving me shifts after the two weeks, so i had to explain to them what resigning meant :)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
alien said:
hehe quitting is easy, you write a letter of resignation and that is their two weeks notice. but they tried to keep on giving me shifts after the two weeks, so i had to explain to them what resigning meant :)
yeah same... i wrote a letter aswell to resign *sighs*
i was stupid but
i didnt get a reference!
and its been bout 3 or 4 months since i quit :eek:

HSC
Hmm i wore good clothes, like button up shirt, pants and dress shoes, spoke well, loudly and clearly. I told them my interests, what I wanted to do after school (say you want to pursue a career in the retail industry, they love it) and yeah, its the easiest interview you'll ever do.

klh

HSC
what happened?

i got rejected. oh well, thats life.
now, my friends are at work so they cant come and help me drown my sorrows, how do we have an e-drunk fest???

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
klh said:
i got rejected. oh well, thats life
Don't feel too bad about it. Maccas has pretty good training (leadership, teamwork, hygiene (sp?), customer satisfaction) for those elites who pass the interview.
klh said:
how do we have an e-drunk fest???
I guess we'll have to order some e-grog off Ebay.
Lame, I know.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
yeah same... i wrote a letter aswell to resign *sighs*
i was stupid but
i didnt get a reference!
and its been bout 3 or 4 months since i quit :eek:
i was stupid too..when i quit burger king i didn't get a reference either :(

and now they've changed to hungry jacks..and it's pretty much been a year..i won't get a reference lol

sarevok

HSC
i'm kind of suprised maccas even considered you if you're 18

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
alien said:
lol, really, i just went in and told my manager i quit. and i got a good reference too. i didnt give notice either, i just did the shifts i was already rostered for

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
alien said:
no problem, that's what repping is for :) lol ok. my managers used to treat me like dirt, one of them would blame her mistakes on me and then i'd get in trouble with the store manager, it's HARD work (you'll basically be running for the entire shift), i used to get 9 hour 45 minute shifts because if you work 10 hours you get 2 breaks so they'd give me just under so i'd only get one break=5 hours of running before any eating=gave me blood sugar problems, i got sick of getting abuse from customers (on front counter they balme you for EVERYTHING from slow burgers to bad weather). it was fun though because you meet heaps of people and have alot of fun when the managers aren't around (APC fights), and sometimes the managers let you bludge, like one of them would just come up to me and say "why don't you take a break you look tired". one of my other managers would let us eat the ice cream cakes when people would cancel parties. it's easy to offload and get new shifts. but that brings me to a new point that they will give you a shift even if you have an NA in and then expect you to find a replacement. and there's not much reliability, one week you could get 6 hours, one week you get 30. they do tend to give massive public holiday shifts=double and a half pay, which is awesome. get fixed shifts if you can
sounds like a McCopco store, or a really shitty owner/operator

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
klh said:
do i need to bring anything, dress or whatever?

i just got a phonecall yesterday, after a month since my application to thjem
i jsut want to ask the poepoe who work there.
Also, how much would they pay an 18 year old and also , what are my chances of getting the job.
i just applied for normal work, what would that include? burger flipping?''
thanks

they pay 11.xx for an 18 year old. and 12.73 for a 19 year old. but u also get shiftloading pay , holiday pay , saturdayloading pay . so it ads up. plus if u work past certain hours or more them some amount u get extra . so its not too bad. much better then cash in had where they dont really include any of these extras.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
_Bushra_ said:
I really REALLY want to work at maccas! It has such a great vibe and it look great on a resume. But I seriously hate the uniform...ugh

I wouldnt want to work BOH though. Only FOH for me

:)
yeh the uniform is ugly. i hate the hats, they fuking make peopel look like tools. i wish they had some black cafe type of uniform

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
SashatheMan said:
yeh the uniform is ugly. i hate the hats, they fuking make peopel look like tools. i wish they had some black cafe type of uniform
The cafe uniform is gay as. I refuse to wear it.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
jumb said:
The cafe uniform is gay as. I refuse to wear it.
i ment cafe thats not associated with macas and has black uniform, but yeh the macas cafe is not that good.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
klh said:
do i need to bring anything, dress or whatever?

i just got a phonecall yesterday, after a month since my application to thjem
i jsut want to ask the poepoe who work there.
Also, how much would they pay an 18 year old and also , what are my chances of getting the job.
i just applied for normal work, what would that include? burger flipping?''
thanks
whats wrong with subway?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)