The McDonald's Thread (1 Viewer)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
theone123 said:
why is there chicks always working at the town hall maccas?
I don't live in Sydney, but I know that it's mainly chicks that work in mccafe's all over Australia. I think that the cafe atmosphere is suited more towards a girl. There's a lot more small talk needed, so you have to be a girl or a guy with good charisma.

Az-jay

HSC
jumb said:
I don't live in Sydney, but I know that it's mainly chicks that work in mccafe's all over Australia. I think that the cafe atmosphere is suited more towards a girl. There's a lot more small talk needed, so you have to be a girl or a guy with good charisma.

not neccessarily. our cafe is fairly recent though and we have a few guys working in it and their much more customer orientated or focused or whatever than most of the girls. Besides cafe is a bludge compared to some of the other stations.

Az-jay

HSC
hell no, that's so boring! especially since our first booth is not connected to the store, it's torture being isolated. fries or wrapping are the best, especially wrapping it's easy, you get to talk to everyone whilst pretending your doing something. running is the hardest, especially by youself during a rush

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
SashatheMan said:
oh and if u fuk up an order, u dont get yelled at, the person in the other booth gets the abuse
Hahah, yeah, it's pretty stress free.

Wrappings only good because you can check out the girls on counter/customers.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
and its the closest you get to the beverages without having to work front area ;)

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
noneother said:
is a reference a piece of paper written about you as an employee?
yeah, a reference is usually from a previous employer (though for school students you could use one from a principal, teacher etc) basically recommending you to future employers.
e.g. "Person x has worked for me for the past 2 years. i have found them to be (insert nice comments here)... I would recommend them to future employers because of said things.

you get the point.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I would never work at maccas. I wouldn't last a week I would get sick of it and quit. I have a job now that's a lot better anyway.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I would never work at maccas. I wouldn't last a week I would get sick of it and quit. I have a job now that's a lot better anyway.
How can you say your job's better when you haven't even worked at maccas?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
because everyone knows its Mcshit! ok? if you want low pay, poor work environment where you work your ass off, and get all greasy and bad skin, then work maccas[ or kfc, i heard lots of grease there aswell] for those reasons i wont work in a fast food, shopping supermarkets are heaps better, as long as you arent checkouts the work isnt as running around, a little bit more physical i guess with boxes and stuff but you arent run off your feet its all nice and relaxed... plus better pay, i get payed more than a 19 yr old at maccas.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
Serius said:
because everyone knows its Mcshit! ok? if you want low pay, poor work environment where you work your ass off, and get all greasy and bad skin, then work maccas[ or kfc, i heard lots of grease there aswell] for those reasons i wont work in a fast food, shopping supermarkets are heaps better, as long as you arent checkouts the work isnt as running around, a little bit more physical i guess with boxes and stuff but you arent run off your feet its all nice and relaxed... plus better pay, i get payed more than a 19 yr old at maccas.
this bullshit about maccas being low pay is dikcshit...all casual positions pay in the same hourly pay bracket...that is the only way that employees remain competitive...

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Ranger Stacie said:
i worked there for 3 years. i think for an 18 year old the pay is llike 10 or 11 dollars an hour.

just be friendly and outgoing. and you will either work on the front counter and serve customers or else flip burgers in the back area

does anyone actually flip burgers? they use the glill, and then take them off. noone flips. hate that expression

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
That's not the only reason it's just one of the main ones.
Maccas pay is pretty shit, but there's something about it that I enjoy. Probably the fact that I am always doing something and the fact that it's a team environment, unlike most other places that young people work.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
jumb said:
Maccas pay is pretty shit, but there's something about it that I enjoy. Probably the fact that I am always doing something and the fact that it's a team environment, unlike most other places that young people work.
I like my job but the pay just makes it so much better. In the last week and a half I made $1000, today alone I made $225 and tomorrow I will make at least another $250. For a uni student living at home that's a pretty good deal. It would take a long time to make that at maccas.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
I like my job but the pay just makes it so much better. In the last week and a half I made $1000, today alone I made $225 and tomorrow I will make at least another $250. For a uni student living at home that's a pretty good deal. It would take a long time to make that at maccas.
what do u do?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)