The McDonald's Thread (1 Viewer)

Katebrunner

HSC
Can you get a job straight into management if you have lots of retail experience, or do you have to start as a crew person and work your way up?

Larche

HSC
When and how does one learn McCafe? Do they base that on how long you've been there, how good you are or if the managers like you or not? I would like to learn McCafe. Should probably just ask my manager but has anyone here been taught cafe? If so, how did you get them to teach you?

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
When and how does one learn McCafe? Do they base that on how long you've been there, how good you are or if the managers like you or not? I would like to learn McCafe. Should probably just ask my manager but has anyone here been taught cafe? If so, how did you get them to teach you?
Basically just ask, they will teach you on the spot and try and get you to make some coffees every now and then, after you get the hang of it and start making coffees yourself you might get shifts exclusively for McCafe

nrussell

HSC
Do the modules on meTime and then just practice it before or after your shift when a Cafe order comes up.

letsflytoneverland

HSC
N/A
I have an interview at the Maccas International Airside, is it located after customs? If so how do I get to it?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
There's two maccas. One at arrivals outside customs. Then there's one at departure gates. Call up

phcan

HSC
I've worked at Rockdale Mcdonalds the one on Princes Highway for about 2.5 years now and i'm classified as a casual. The base rate is $11.76 for a 17 year old, but including casual loading (this is to compensate for your 'sick days') it adds up to $14.47 but i'm a crew trainer so i'm not sure now much more i get paid in comparison to the normal crew since nearly all the 17 year olds at my work are crew trainers.

Larche

HSC
If you're new it's ok to make mistakes. On my first shift I gave a customer the wrong change twice

dirty_ink

HSC
If you're new it's ok to make mistakes. On my first shift I gave a customer the wrong change twice
Haha, thanks? Hope you didn't get scolded badly. Well, mistakes will lessen with time I guess :/

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Made heaps of mistakes today. Need cheering.
Everyone has their blobs at first, and you actually learn faster from it anyways (because you will remember next time), it's much much better to make these mistakes now then later on when they don't expect you to (though McDonald's is an environment where you will always make a mistake no matter how much experience you have, even the managers make silly mistakes from time to time, you just tend to lessen and avoid them as time goes on)

dirty_ink

HSC
Everyone has their blobs at first, and you actually learn faster from it anyways (because you will remember next time), it's much much better to make these mistakes now then later on when they don't expect you to (though McDonald's is an environment where you will always make a mistake no matter how much experience you have, even the managers make silly mistakes from time to time, you just tend to lessen and avoid them as time goes on)
Thanks :) I just need the experience and willingness to learn from mistakes. Most customers were pretty patient, bless 'em.

Boss got pissed off at me today
Thought you worked at woolies? Well, a manager got pissed off at me today too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)