The McDonald's Thread (1 Viewer)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Re: Quitting McDonalds

I'll be able to reply to this with something helpful tomorrow.

mishee

HSC
Re: Wierd Mcdonalds Interview?

when i went for my mcdonalds interview, it lasted for about 5 minutes and 3 minutes later i got an email from them saying that i got accepted. i suppose the mcdonalds u applied to are desperate for workers, like the one i had the interview for

Last edited:

alby

cool duckie
HSC

faov said:
I think it would be REALLY horrible to not give them 2 weeks notice and your resignation in writing. McDonald's has been so kind to employ you, so you should be kind in return and just help out a little bit longer.
technically he's not really "helping out" there, he's working for them and he gets paid..not like its voluntary. and places like maccas generally arent that hard to get work with, so its not like they've gone out of their way to employ an extra person. if he wants to leave for one reason or another, he's got a right to go...and according to the award he doesnt have to give a certain period of notice, so its not like they can sue him or something.

sasquatch: as others have said, 2wks notice gives them time to organise for people to cover your shifts. and i guess them wanting it in writing makes it a bit more official than just saying "yeah, i'm not coming back".
then again, at one of my past jobs i was on-call/casual. i had to stop working for a while caus of a tafe prac and their form of 'firing' me was just not calling me in to work again. so i guess at least you actually told them that you werent coming back..that's really as much 'common courtesy' as you HAVE to give without going so formal about it (though it means you usually wont expect to get a reference from them in the future)

daniel4592

HSC

One day and still nothing im starting to get worried?
Should i still wait or give up how long does it take average?

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC

Any job is a good job.

I need a job, and have to apply for maccas, seeing as my uni timetable and music stuff outside uni sucks right now.
Thank god for flexible shifting.

M'kay. Actually, I'm going to apply online now.
Might as well. xD
weird interview or not. I need a job

daniel4592

HSC

I feel Like im not going to get it because he interviewed me so fast he didnt even ask any questions and i dont even know his name thats how fast and i feel even more bad because i signed that form he told me to that said i cancel my app to plumpton because im interested at minchinbury this makes me feek like i have wrecked my own chances???
Why did he make me sign that?

jumb

mr jumb
HSC

daniel4592 said:
I feel Like im not going to get it because he interviewed me so fast he didnt even ask any questions and i dont even know his name thats how fast and i feel even more bad because i signed that form he told me to that said i cancel my app to plumpton because im interested at minchinbury this makes me feek like i have wrecked my own chances???
Why did he make me sign that?
Quit your whining, he wouldnt have made you sign it unless he was sure you'd get the job. He probably felt a long interview was unnecessary because you have a bunch of experience.

You obviously have the job, stfu gtfo and have some patience.

daniel4592

HSC

The problem is I hate being without a job I want a job which is easier then KFC where i worked at all i wanted there is some descent respect and one more worker but they didnt seem like they were descent enough to do so.
But do you know what is funny she is askinig me to come back and work but no way i will do that i have had enough and now she will see how great it is when you lose a good worker who always did what was told.
That is the only reason i quit.
I really want a job because a)I dont have anything to use my spare time with any way
b)Its always nice when pay day comes and you know that you have a few extra bucks when needed which is nice.
So that is why iam being unpaticened I havent had the best luck with my jobs so far.
Also I had a folder with all my achivements refferences resume and he didnt even look at it he just went to teh back to take my Permanent Residency Visa out to copy it.
This is why i like it when a female interviews you then you can prove yourself but whern i guy does it its all nothing.

shsshs

HSC

how long would you need to work at maccas before you get a reference?

like they wouldn't give it to some-one who quits after 1 week, so i just want to know how long it would take?

thanks

faov

HSC

shsshs said:

like they wouldn't give it to some-one who quits after 1 week, so i just want to know how long it would take?

thanks
You're not going to work for McDonald's solely for a reference, are you? They spend so much money, time and effort training you that the minimum time to receive a reference should not even be a consideration.

daniel4592

HSC

Thursday still nothing im not being unpatiened im just sort of nervous.
I mean why cant i get an email saying i didnt get it at least because i hate thinking about it.
Does anyone know if mcdonalds sends a Email letting you know you didnt get it?
And when monday comes and if i still didnt get a reply would it be safe to confirm i didnt get it and apply back at plumpton or would this stuff something up or something?

yosemite sam

HSC

daniel4592 said:
Thursday still nothing im not being unpatiened im just sort of nervous.
impatient m'dear... and i think they do send you an email

don't stress about it... i agree with the others who've said that just because your interview was super short, doesnt mean you havent got the job.

my brother got a job at maccas last year and he waited a couple of weeks to be told he got the job.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

don't stress mate, it sounds like you have the job. if you don't hear anything from them in another week (yes another whole week) then ring up and politely enquire about the status of your application, or however you want to word it.

edit: you just reminded me i have to check again to see if my local maccas is hiring. last time i checked up they weren't...but hey, judging by the staff that are there already i'd say they need most of the help they can get? haha

Last edited:

daniel4592

HSC

Still nothing.
I called plumpton today and they said they are hiring and interviews are held every Tuesday at 4pm until the certian amount is hired.
I dont know what to do now because i signed a form at minchinbury stating i wish to cancel but after seeing nothign from them i feel liek going to Plumpton what would happend?
Would you recomend me to do it?
And since the guy said in teh next 7 days which is tomorow should I just call tommorow and ask whats happenming so i nkow if i should look else where???

faov

HSC

daniel4592 said:
Still nothing.
I called plumpton today and they said they are hiring and interviews are held every Tuesday at 4pm until the certian amount is hired.
I dont know what to do now because i signed a form at minchinbury stating i wish to cancel but after seeing nothign from them i feel liek going to Plumpton what would happend?
Would you recomend me to do it?
And since the guy said in teh next 7 days which is tomorow should I just call tommorow and ask whats happenming so i nkow if i should look else where???
omg, you want to work at Plumpton? I haven't been there before but I looked it up and its in the western suburbs of Sydney!!! I don't think you should choose that location if at all possible, everyone there is a.) on government benefits, b.) on drugs and/or alcohol, c.) poor, d.) a combination of all 3. Call them tomorrow just to express more interest, but given its location and the literary rates in that area... there staff turnover must be quite high. McDonald's would/will email you if you don't receive a job.

Sad Statue

Banned
HSC

sophie1989 said:
ha 'siff you would work at maccas! :p
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Nice.

s2caz

just smile.
HSC

ughh.. i hate waiting for replies after job interviews..
however.. mine at maccas didnt take long either..
my manager looked at me.. looked at the sheets..
asked me why i wanted to work there and then~
asked me when i could start working..
and i said straight away.. and i started like the next week..
but i quit 6months later because of hsc..

HSC

thanks
i would like to know the answer to this question as well. been working for 7 months already. though only on a 1 shift/week basis. my friend said that i should stay there for a year which is by this december. but i'm already in 2nd year uni so i'm hoping to find a better job by that time that's more relevent to what i'm planning to do. and i still want a reference since it's my first job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)