The missing Malaysian Airlines... (1 Viewer)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
It's things like this that make me a bit nervous when I travel on a plane. It's like a lottery draw. Most of the time you'll be okay but you never know if you end up being unlucky and choose to go on a particular plane that will crash...and it all falls on the decisions you make when you book the flight

enoilgam

HSC
It's things like this that make me a bit nervous when I travel on a plane.
I remember reading a statistic somewhere that you would have to fly once a day for like 120 years before you're involved in a fatal crash. In any event, airline travel is probably the safest form of travel around.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
It's things like this that make me a bit nervous when I travel on a plane. It's like a lottery draw. Most of the time you'll be okay but you never know if you end up being unlucky and choose to go on a particular plane that will crash...and it all falls on the decisions you make when you book the flight
Odds of dying in a car crash are much much higher.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
It's South East Asia... :haha:

anything is possible...

Only scenario I can think of that seems plausible is that, the individuals travelling on the stolen passports were seeking asylum... chances of that are slim IMO, because, who would try and travel to China to seek asylum :haha:

Either that, terrorists maybe even spies... Mossad agents used stolen passports to enter other Middle East countries without suspicion; to commit assassinations... Malaysia does have a big Muslim population... Again, that is getting a bit too tin foil hat now...

This happened in late February this year as well...

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel...n-melbourne-etihad-flight-20140220-331x8.html
very unlikely, in KL they frisk everyone, they even frisked me when I was like 10 years old

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Abu Sayyaf operate within Malaysia and the Philippines... they are a militant group that mostly participates in kidnappings and thuggery... However, maybe they upgraded... Maybe...

the passports that were stolen were mostly white folks passports... so I am really hard pressed to see whether they were responsible... It would be stupid if a person of Arab appearance was using a passport under the name of John Smith, or something like that... that's just my opinion... I don't know, I'm just saying, alarm bells would be ringing in my head if that was the case...

they would probably have to be like this in passport control...

Last edited:

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
More updates:
1. Some military radar in Malaysia detected the plane turn back just before losing connection
2. Some chinese dude rang a passenger and the phone connected then cut off - authorities trying to trace the signal

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
+1. Maybe some guy/girl had a bomb strapped to his chest and it exploded.
I'm sorry, but security in KLIA is actually really really strict. I go to malaysia every year to visit family, they have security checkpoints everywhere, including just before you board the plane. They have bag scanners as well as the metal detectors. They would not be able to smuggle a bomb onto that plane

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
I'm sorry, but security in KLIA is actually really really strict. I go to malaysia every year to visit family, they have security checkpoints everywhere, including just before you board the plane. They have bag scanners as well as the metal detectors. They would not be able to smuggle a bomb onto that plane
So would have been mostly likely pilot error, if KLIA is really that strict.... Plus also with the security before you board the plane, that only seem to happen with flights going to western nations.... not really with other countries.... I'm sure bangkok would have the same approach as KLIA, because when i went from Bangkok to Tokyo (and vice versa), there was no checkpoint before boarding the plane, but every time i would go from bangkok to sydney, they would always have a checkpoint before you board....

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Bomb/in-air break up seems unlikely due to lack of debris. I also have difficulty understanding a terrorist attack when the plane encountered incident over water and no group has claimed responsibility. As mentioned, a lack of mayday call indicates that whatever happened occurred suddenly and was serious enough that the pilots needed to concentrate wholly on attempting to recover the aircraft. Pilot error is always a possibility, as was made clear in the Air France incident, however i do feel that people are always a bit too quick to lay blame on the pilots; it's never just one thing that causes something like this - the airplanes are too sophisticated.. The lack of debris and sudden loss of communication to me indicates a steep and sudden dive (with the aircraft intact) and high speed impact with the ocean. So many things could cause this, but until the wreckage is found and the investigation is underway it is not possible to know much for sure.

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
i just really hope they're ok :'(
the captain is very experienced having over 18,000 hours of flying time. Im sure he would have done his absolute best to save the aircraft should anything bad have happened.
-may-cat- is right. If the situation was incredibly serious the pilots would not even bother with the radio and focus on controlling the plane as best as they could.
What really stumps me is the fact that the plane suddenly just disappeared off the radar. I did work experience with the air force last year and they explained to me how the radars work. I can't see a logical reason for the plane to have just disappeared. :( I'm just really sad now. MAS is my favourite airline to travel with, and for something this tragic to happen breaks my heart.
I am just so deeply saddened by this tragedy and my thoughts and prayers go out to the captain, co-pilot, crew, passengers and their friends and family. #PrayForMH370 i still have a tiny glint of hope....just a tiny tiny tiny glint of hope that they could be ok...but i fear the worst.

enoilgam

HSC
They are all almost certainly dead
There is just no way that they could have survived. Ditching in the water is extremely dangerous and if they did do that, they would have sent a distress signal. I've heard some wild ideas about a landing on a remote island/location where radio contact is lost, but landing a plane that large would require a proper runway or at least a road (the 777 is one of the largest passenger planes in service).

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
There is just no way that they could have survived. Ditching in the water is extremely dangerous and if they did do that, they would have sent a distress signal. I've heard some wild ideas about a landing on a remote island/location where radio contact is lost, but landing a plane that large would require a proper runway or at least a road (the 777 is one of the largest passenger planes in service).

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Update:

4 passengers are now suspected of travelling on stolen passports... no longer a coincidence, in my opinion...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...en-passports-used-on-missing-plane-MH370.html

looks like the dots are increasingly pointing to a hijacking/bombing/some other form of terrorist activity...
I wouldn't say its terrorism for sure.

Some (I'm not sure about all 4 of them) had actually booked additional flights to Europe. Beijing was where the connecting flight was meant to be.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
My initial thought

i just really hope they're ok :'(
the captain is very experienced having over 18,000 hours of flying time. Im sure he would have done his absolute best to save the aircraft should anything bad have happened.
-may-cat- is right. If the situation was incredibly serious the pilots would not even bother with the radio and focus on controlling the plane as best as they could.
What really stumps me is the fact that the plane suddenly just disappeared off the radar. I did work experience with the air force last year and they explained to me how the radars work. I can't see a logical reason for the plane to have just disappeared. :( I'm just really sad now. MAS is my favourite airline to travel with, and for something this tragic to happen breaks my heart.
I am just so deeply saddened by this tragedy and my thoughts and prayers go out to the captain, co-pilot, crew, passengers and their friends and family. #PrayForMH370 i still have a tiny glint of hope....just a tiny tiny tiny glint of hope that they could be ok...but i fear the worst.
180000 hours is a shitload, so I highly doubt it was the pilot's error.

Also can you keep he hashtag stuff to twitter plox

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)