The missing Malaysian Airlines... (2 Viewers)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
180000 hours is a shitload, so I highly doubt it was the pilot's error.

Also can you keep he hashtag stuff to twitter plox
You would be surprised.

a) Could have been related to fatigue. The industry is notorious for crazy hours.
b) You can have loads of hours logged but the number doesn't represent the number of times the pilot/crew have dealt with dicey situations. For all we know, they could have had some of the best luck in aviation prior to this incident. To get to the point, they may lack the composure to make the right decisions quickly.

That being said, I don't think it is pilot-related as well.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Am I the only one who's troubled by this?
There's lots of rumours saying it has crashed/has landed in random areas around China/Vietnam.

227 people on board, that's a large number.
http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/con...Airlines Flight MH 370 Passenger Manifest.pdf
Passenger list.

If no wreckage is found so many conspiracies will arise :confused2:
I guess what I would wanna say is to look on the bright side.

First of all, nobody on the ground was killed. And by that I mean, an incident like this, over the open ocean? That right there, that's just gotta be some minor miracle.

Plus, neither plane was full. You know, the 737 was, what, maybe two-thirds full, I believe? Right, yes? Or maybe even three-quarters full? Well, at any rate, what you're left with casualty-wise is just the 50th-worst air disaster. Actually, tied for 50th. There are, in truth 53 crashes throughout history that are just as bad or worse.

Tenerife. Has anybody? Anybody hear of Tenerife? No? In 1977, two fully loaded 747 s crashed into each other on Tenerife.
Does anybody know how big a 747 is? I mean, it's way bigger than a 737, and we're talking about two of them. Nearly 600 people died on Tenerife. But do any of you even remember it at all? Any of you? I doubt it.

You know why? It's because people move on. They just move on. And we will too. We will move on, and we will get past this. Because that is what human beings do, we survive, and we survive and we overcome.

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
Omg holy crap i travelled on a Boeing 777 this year on my way back from Malaysia in January o_O o_O o_O

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

First of all, nobody on the ground was killed. And by that I mean, an incident like this, over the open ocean? That right there, that's just gotta be some minor miracle.

Plus, neither plane was full. You know, the 737 was, what, maybe two-thirds full, I believe? Right, yes? Or maybe even three-quarters full? Well, at any rate, what you're left with casualty-wise is just the 50th-worst air disaster. Actually, tied for 50th. There are, in truth 53 crashes throughout history that are just as bad or worse.

Tenerife. Has anybody? Anybody hear of Tenerife? No? In 1977, two fully loaded 747 s crashed into each other on Tenerife.
Does anybody know how big a 747 is? I mean, it's way bigger than a 737, and we're talking about two of them. Nearly 600 people died on Tenerife. But do any of you even remember it at all? Any of you? I doubt it.

You know why? It's because people move on. They just move on. And we will too. We will move on, and we will get past this. Because that is what human beings do, we survive, and we survive and we overcome.
I remember. Extraordinarily sad. That said, loss of 239 people is still a terrible tragedy and imo it is fairly callous to write it off as 'not so bad' by mere comparison to other loss of life. Yes, it could have been worse had it been over land (one of the reasons i have difficulty accepting terrorist hijacking - why not wait for the opportunity to cause further damage?), but the total loss of the aircraft and all on board is still an unbelievably awful thing to happen. Particularly in this day and age where air travel has become overwhelmingly safer than in the 60's/70's/80's.

People shouldn't be concerned about the plane, 777s are among the safest commercial jets in the world - mechanical failure is extremely rare.

Last edited:

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
seems veryyyy familiar... deja vu???

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
Im still ao upset over this tragedy :'( just the emotional attachment i have to my country makes me feel like ive lost part of my family with all the crew and Other Malaysians on the flight.
Im also extremely upset for the Australians on the flight, in fact i feel sooo soooo sorry for everyone on that flight and their family and friends :'(
Malaysia Airlines has a pretty good safety record so this came as a complete shock to me :(
Literally when my dad told us that flight went missing i had this stabbing pain in my heart. :'(
Sent from my ST25a using Tapatalk 2

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A

/strongreference

Also, debris found yesterday has been confirmed that it is not from the plane.

I'd like to emphasise again: Chinese dude called a passenger, the phone rang but nobody picked up. I believe either this phone is extremely waterproof or it crashed somewhere on land but didn't break coz Nokia/is safe on land.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Update: Oil Slicks are not from the plane.
Wow this is going nowhere, really must be Aliens, or the bermuda triangle has shifted positions.

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
This is quite intriguing. Either they have landed on some remote island that nobody knows about, or something really freaky is happening... I just hope theyre ok :'(

Sent from my ST25a using Tapatalk 2

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
So oil slicks and debris don't match.
Phone rings but no one picks.
2 people onboard with stolen passports.
Plane turned back before going off radar.
5 people decided to get off the plane last minute.

Chinese Martyr Brigade claims responsibility but deemed hoax.

The whole fucking world is searching for them andrnfieyg6huigh

dim-sims

HSC
I honestly cannot comprehend the fact that they've found absolutely no traces of the plane at all.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I honestly cannot comprehend the fact that they've found absolutely no traces of the plane at all.
Why? Plane impacts ocean at 800kmp/h + and you wouldn't expect to find much.. Locating wreckage in the ocean is hard, it takes time. It's only been 2 days. Let's not forget it took almost a week to locate the Air France wreckage, and i believe they pretty much 'bellow flopped' on impact at a super shallow angle, allowing for large pieces of wreckage to remain floating..

Last edited:

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Yep... No hope of survivors at all....

Who knows where the plane may be....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)