The movie review thread (1 Viewer)

s2ophie

HSC
I don't know if this has been done before but...

WELCOME TO THE MOVIE REVIEW THREAD!

Basically, if you go to the movies, give us a review of what you saw. It might stop me going and seeing some of the bad ones out there!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I saw Bruce Almighty last Saturday. It gets a bit slow near the end, but the rest is goddamn funny.

***1/2

s2ophie

HSC
i just watched "almost famous" it was...interesting

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
I saw Bruce Almighty last Saturday. It gets a bit slow near the end, but the rest is goddamn funny.

***1/2
yeah i saw it yesterday... i give it a 3.... the humour does out towards the end... but worth the watch :)

s2ophie

HSC
I saw the new Charlies Angels today. meh it was Ok but very fake and ridiculous in parts. It was beyond predictable and demi moore was really annoying. has anyone else seen it?

how u doin?

HSC
yeah, but im a guy, so i thought its was fucking great!!

demi moore is soooo hot, and she is 40!!

how u doin?

HSC
by the way, i give it 4 stars. it loses 1 for the shitty ending

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
i saw adaptation the other day...fucking bullshit.
4 and a half stars, cos i think it got sometimes self indulgent

and i saw bowling for columbine, also fucking bullshit
it gets 4 stars, cos although extemely good moore was still faily biased

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
saw reservior dogs for the second time last week. awesome script, fast paced, good acting, good twist. 4.5 stars.

guy

HSC
horah for anything PT anderson has ever touched!!! I havn't seen punch drunk but i have seen boogie several times and dvd'd magnolia a while ago
ADAPTATION ---5 stars.

guy

HSC
i saw fargo... 4stars
"Oh your just such a supa lady!"
i love how it says its a true story but its not haha those crazy brothers

s2ophie

HSC
i just watched 'the castle" for the umpteenth time. and i realised that there is a 'making of' at the end of the video! there's no point reviewing it because if you haven't seen it you are just wrong.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
i saw 4 rooms last week. first 2 rooms were pretty shit but if you wait till the last 2, its definately worth the wait. the last one is by tarantino with his usual style. tim roth was great throughout as the bellboy. for those of you who havent heard of this, its about a bellboys first day on the job at a hotel. its NYE and hes the only one working at the hotel. The movie focuses on 4 rooms of the hotel. What happens in each room is directed by a different director, so its like watching 4 movies. its got stars like tarantino, madonna, antonio banderas, bruce willis and tim roth. overall, 3.5 stars.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by Mcdickpants
fuck yeah
how good was the cinematography. so sterile and clinical.
another movie with fucking good cinematography was punch drunk love.
PT anderson is a fucking hero.
ooh did PT anderson make both punch drunk love and one hour photo? hehe, magnolia was the movie that got me drunk on scriptwriting..

oh no wait, adam sandler produced and directed PDL didn't he..?

hmm i didn't think the cinematography for PDL was that amazing, what made u think it was ..? (i'm not saying you're wrong i'm just ignorant)

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
PDL and Magnolia were PT Anderson's. One hour photo was by mark romanek. i thought the opening scenes with the car, those longshots were good. and all those colourful bits were pretty effective.

s2ophie

HSC
well i'll revive this thread and tell you i saw 'Down with Love' if you like romantic comedies and movies which send up the 60's this one is for you. I am going to see it again and i give it ****

Paisley

Banned
Identity - absolutely outstanding film, even if the premise is rather silly... John Cusack does his usual brilliant job, and while the cinematography isn't the best thing I've seen it still manages to deliver on the "shocks" and "thrills" - ****

guy

HSC
i saw spike lee's 1989 "do the right thing". hmm if you sit down and start to watch it you get so involved and forget about everything else, i personally rated it but apparently all of spike lees films are the same

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
FINDING NEMO!!!

I saw this last night and whether you go with friends or with little cousins/neices/nephews you will enjoy this movie so much. The characters are so cute and funny, especially Dory the fish with the short-term memory. I rate this 10/10!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)