• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The MQ BOSers you ran into today... (1 Viewer)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
*hopeful* said:
its there ? it was just a random pic but i like the whole look of it now....i've only got a bubble skirt, looks cute on rather then on a hanger

post a pic of ur dress~
hehe yeah i will, my friend took some photos of me in it today so it should be there

i'll get it whenever he comes on :p

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
where'de u get ur bubble skirt from?

i don't really have many skirts hehe

*hopeful*

HSC
i got it from sportsgirl, total impulse buy, i was going out to a party and didnt wanna wear shorts so i just got a plain black one...i thought it'd look funni but ended up looking pretty good with the whole outfit so yeh im down for bubbles now :p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
miss_gtr said:
OoOOO speaking of bubble skirts. Has anyone been to mq centre this week? I havent been all holidays, anyways. Before the holidays they had this red bubble skirt cross pinny with pockets in the window, they had none left on the shelves, I hope they took it off the window display and put it back on the shelf..and I hope no one has bought it. Anyways, much love for bubble skirts <33333
which window? i can't remember seeing it anyway

miss_gtr said:
*hopeful* how shocking is what sportsgirl has in this season? Has anyone ever shopped in Cativa? (Or is it cativia?)-Ergh, horrible overpriced hippy clothing. Gross.
i don't mind cativa, it has brands like minkpink, besides that it's overpriced. but i don't know about sportsgirl this season, people keep telling me they have some nice clothes and i keep going in but not finding anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

*hopeful*

HSC
miss_gtr said:
*hopeful* how shocking is what sportsgirl has in this season? Has anyone ever shopped in Cativa? (Or is it cativia?)-Ergh, horrible overpriced hippy clothing. Gross.
hmm i dont really shop there but what i see looks nice enough :eek:
<3 sportsgirl accessories but...

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
wanna know the most overpriced store in the world??

Portmans! i swear going past that shop makes me angry!! lol the quality is shit, yes they do have some (very few) good looking stuff but hell just goto the revamped crossroads and get it 50% of the price... friggen hell

portmans grrr!! i bought a boob tube top from there (white satiny thing with a black ribbon) very hot! and i was gunna buy the whole outfit coz i saw it on a maniquen(sp?) and i fell in love with it... but i can't find a skirt to go with it... the top was 60 bucks but the skirt was friggen 120!! and this flimsy lil cardigan was friggen 100 dollars!!

you could get a knock off from hipster or mink for 20 bucks

grrr @ portmans.. the most overpriced rip off store i've ever come acrosss

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hmm, saw a Hugo Boss jacket I liked, was $500, I cried :(

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
AsyLum said:
Hmm, saw a Hugo Boss jacket I liked, was $500, I cried :(
Awww mikey don't! lol

don't put urself through that pain.. i won't go into ANY store or i wont' even look at clothes more than 250 unless its a suit which im not looking to buy anytime soon.

Seriously sometimes i look at clothes and go omg thats so nice but i touch the price tag and if its over 200 or overpriced i let go of it as if i've been burned.

Damnit i wish i was rich

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
clairegirl said:
Awww mikey don't! lol

don't put urself through that pain.. i won't go into ANY store or i wont' even look at clothes more than 250 unless its a suit which im not looking to buy anytime soon.

Seriously sometimes i look at clothes and go omg thats so nice but i touch the price tag and if its over 200 or overpriced i let go of it as if i've been burned.

Damnit i wish i was rich
Haha, yeah I know, its something for when I can afford to buy it through 1 hour of work haha, just a good reminder of how poor I was *chuckle*

Now to fix my car problems :(

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
my mum used to make clothes for rockmans and portmans and stuff, so we had like leftover clothes ... but not that i ever wanted them or anything lol

lol my car not starting is normal and the mechanic goes that it's actually supposed to be in good condition.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I bet your battery didn't decide to leak, then corrode the connector :(

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
My bubble dress, i look gross n fat in it but it was the only one that turned out properly...lol

this is the crap one but i thought ide include it anyway

HSC
N/A
I was thinking "why are there recent posts in this thread? It's the holidays!" then I actually came in here and realised the convo had switched to clothes :p

My 2 cents:

I LOVE Portmans (I disagree with Anne on quality though - I think it's not too bad :p). I will even save up spare change in order to purchase more stuff from there :( I agree the price has gone ridiculously skywards recently-ish, but I still love their clothes enough to spent $$ there :(

I have my eye on some more Alannah Hill things too... the only problem is that I find it hard to "mix" a lot of Alannah stuff with my "regular" clothes :( Hmm, esprit comes out with some really nice pieces every now and again too... (as does Tokito!)

Things I really need to get more of: Summer dresses (and waisted belts to go with them!), and some summer jackets!

*hopeful*

HSC
hot dress clairegirl, the red belt works really well with it :)

i dont own a single thing from portmans and cant imagine getting anything unless its for work or something :S

HSC
N/A
I love the fact that when everyone else is going mod or military or something, portmans always remains very feminine/50s inspired, and I love that sort of look :) I don't think I'm the type of person who could get away with experimenting with looks, so I'll stick to what I think looks good :D

I get really frustrated with shopping in general (I'm incredibly picky), since I seem to always find at least one thing in portmans that I like, that's probably why I like that store so much...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
the dress is very nice, i think i want a bubble dress now :p
portmans is ok, yes way overpriced, so is sportsgirl, even moreso.
as for quality, i don't trust it ever since i bought a bag and it didn't last 5 wears. then again i pulled out some pants from there from years ago that i had worn about 50 times and they looked brand new.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
clairegirl said:
My bubble dress, i look gross n fat in it but it was the only one that turned out properly...lol
*slaps Anne*

Stop that, you look perfectly fine and reowr!

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
glitterfairy said:
I love the fact that when everyone else is going mod or military or something, portmans always remains very feminine/50s inspired, and I love that sort of look :) I don't think I'm the type of person who could get away with experimenting with looks, so I'll stick to what I think looks good :D

I get really frustrated with shopping in general (I'm incredibly picky), since I seem to always find at least one thing in portmans that I like, that's probably why I like that store so much...
i like your reasoning lynnie :)

it is very true, portmans does stay true to their style .... without much influence from other places.

I think I'm really strange though..my dress sense has always been described as either on two spectrums... really really streety or really really feminine but i think i'de rather feel pretty than feel funky if you guys know what i mean??

hrrmm

*Edit* how doyou guys feel about yourselves.. how do you guys like feeling when you dress?

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I have no fashion sense, it seems to suit me fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)