The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (1 Viewer)

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
i used to get sick from drinking milk or eating yoghurt... i thought maybe im becoming lactose intolerant lol.. but then i think ur born with it.. and it doesn't happen anymore anywayz.. and yeh i reckon soy milk tastes a lot better than normal milk ... or skim milk, cuz full cream milk is sooo ... blergh.. i feel like throwing up after it lol

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
yeh thats true... i think im lactose intolerant lol well not really.. just that everytime i have a glass of milk on its own, i feel like toileting *sorry overshare lol* my tummy rumbles and makes me feel uncomfortable the rest of the day

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
i think having full cream milk with cereal taste the best... soo creamy and rich! i come from a household where we don't store full cream milk in the house... its considered a treat in my house

HSC
N/A
I'm not a huge fan of full-cream milk (I drink Lite White), even though I adore cream and all things creamy in general (including hot chocolate milk foam! hahaha).

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
hrrmm i lurve the taste of full cream milk but i always feel guilty after having it and not very fit or healthy after. I absolutely hate it with milo though :s arrgh milk on its own for me :p

i love creamy things too lol damnit why are all the good things so bad for u, if i could eat anything i wanted.

My diet would consist of cheese cake, pavlova, fruit and meat

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Haha ok a few things
1. i also crave cheese often, i was thinking the same reason as you clairegirl, so that's one reason why i need more calcium
2. lactose intolerance runs in the family (nice work glitter :) ).
3. you can get lactose intolerance after your born, my family members got it much older than i am now
4. i don't know if my feeling sick is lactose intolerance starting earlier than family members, because it's creamy or simply my imagination. i think it's my imagination so i'm drinking it anyway :p
5. i hate soy milk, low fat milk, lite milk, lactose free milk, anything but full cream

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
ok what did i eat today?

bacon and eggs for breakie
that chicken baggette at uni
bottle of water
and chicken with rice for dinner

havnt had my second dinner yet, and im feeling the hunger

HSC
N/A
clairegirl said:
hrrmm i lurve the taste of full cream milk but i always feel guilty after having it and not very fit or healthy after. I absolutely hate it with milo though :s arrgh milk on its own for me :p

i love creamy things too lol damnit why are all the good things so bad for u, if i could eat anything i wanted.

My diet would consist of cheese cake, pavlova, fruit and meat
ooooohhhh

I would eat cream horns, ferrero rochers, smoked salmon with potato mash (actually, that sounds healthy...! lol), chicken stew with potatoes (hrm, also healthy), beef wellington (somewhat healthy)...

Hmm. Judging from this I have a savoury palate with a bit of a sweet tooth. I don't know what that seems significant to me, but it does... maybe good for highlighting weaknesses? lol

HSC
N/A
iambored said:
Haha ok a few things
1. i also crave cheese often, i was thinking the same reason as you clairegirl, so that's one reason why i need more calcium
3. you can get lactose intolerance after your born, my family members got it much older than i am now
4. i don't know if my feeling sick is lactose intolerance starting earlier than family members, because it's creamy or simply my imagination. i think it's my imagination so i'm drinking it anyway :p
5. i hate soy milk, low fat milk, lite milk, lactose free milk, anything but full cream
whoo for me picking up the lactose intolerance!

Other than that, ouch. So maybe solution is just to eat lots of low-fat cheese, like cottage cheese? I love it on toast :) Yoghurt even? You can eat it with cereal :) Or with fruit in it!

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
OMG SALMON AND MASH SOUNDS SOOOOOOOOOOOO YUMMM...
so does that french beef cooking thing... that takes like 7 days... thats awesome too

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
lol i dont really like a lot of a creamy things (that i can think of) so hoorah! well, full cream milk and cream anywayz...they're so ... thick.. and creamy.. eww lol... oooo but i dooo luurrve cheesecake and youghurt

buuut ... i <333 everything sugar so thats worse!... esp since sugar makes you fat and makes me sick lol

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
iambored said:
Haha ok a few things
how do you know ur lactose intolerant? like what symptoms do u get?

*hopeful*

HSC
ooh i never drink milk but luvvvvv cheese

i grate cheese onto so many things that its abnormal...
yuk soy milk....yuk my mouth feels disgusting thinkin bout it

HSC
N/A
Orange Juice said:
OMG SALMON AND MASH SOUNDS SOOOOOOOOOOOO YUMMM...
so does that french beef cooking thing... that takes like 7 days... thats awesome too
It is to die for, I kid you not.

You mash up the potatoes (milk and butter to taste) and put just glob of it on one end of a slice of smoked salmon. Then you roll the baby up :) It looks quite gormet-like (especially if you eat with a fork, lol), and it tastes divine!!!

I take it you're a fellow smoked salmon lover? :D

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
clairegirl said:
ooooh i read this somewhere
.... but i forgot
so erm yeh.. thats useless

buut.. you find out for sure when u see the doctor and you do tests

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
clairegirl said:
similar ones as you get - unsettled stomach, pains, air, diahorrea
i don't really know what else to write here depending on whether you really want to work out if you're lactose intolerant, because you could be
as pb said yeah there are proper tests but they are done rarely, i think the doctors normally 'diagnose' it by elimination. i can find out basic details if you like tomorrow.

i love smoked salmon. haha everytime i get salmon sushi i expect it to be smoked salmon and am disappointed when it isn't.

Last edited:

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
yummm i love smoked salmon
smoked salmon sushi is the bestest

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
mmmmmmmm mlik LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! i dont go a day without having milk (now that i drink coffee its even worse because i cant have skim and if i have a coffee i dont feel like ive had my daily dose of milk so i need to have more 'normal' milk later). And always full cream for me! I know its really fattening but milk is onen 'fat' thing that i never feel guilty drinking/eating a lot of.

The only skim i have is light start (everything else is flavourless for me) which is low fat rather than fat free anyway and even that i dont have often. Ill drink that straight and thats it... for some reason i cant have it in tea or with cereal or made into flavoured milk. Full all the way.

I also die for cheese.. bad bad girl.

HSC
N/A
pb said:
yummm i love smoked salmon
smoked salmon sushi is the bestest
gah!

I have never tried this smoked salmon sushi people are talking about!!

Where can I find some?

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
glitterfairy said:
gah!

I have never tried this smoked salmon sushi people are talking about!!

Where can I find some?
don't they have it at uni?
the uni ones crap though lol
you only get like this tiny little piece of salmon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)