The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
I do kinda get hungry, but either I am far away from food or like today, am constantly distracted from actually eating because I'm running around doing heaps of stuff (ie adrenaline keeps hunger at bay). Alternatively I get so hungry, I don't feel hungry anymore. Now that's bad :p

*hopeful*

HSC
hey r we supposed to stretch before doing sit-ups ? cause i did about 40 yesterday and now my stomach feels like its got a constant cramp, its really sore :confused:

Tabris

HSC
I usually get straight itnot he situps/crunches. A good way to work out your upper abs is life your bent legs off the ground (so your legs are at 90 degree angle and calf muscles parallel to the floor. Put your hand behind your head and lift off the ground without moving your legs.

If u feel the burn, then its working your upper abs. do about 5 x 10 reps and you ll be fine.

HSC
N/A
It's normal for the muscles to feel sore the day (or days) after you have worked out hard - it can be a combination of lactic acid buildup (although this is normally if you've been running or something) and small tears in the muscle itself (which is frequently attributed to working out). But don't worry - they'll heal, and it just means you've been working hard. Rest up and try again in a few days ;)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
im soo shitty at myself

how come i havn't lost a kilo, since last week! grrr :'(! i've been soo good! okay besides yesterday, i thought i was pretty awsome in terms of excercise and diet! I think its because im eating less, my body's probably telling me to store the fat for later use! grr!

Funny, how i was eating craploads before and i was losing more back then! Or maybe its this new ketoslim plus formula! I'm going back to the original ones grrr!

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
maybe cuz ur lighter now so ur burning it slower... cuz i know lighter ppl do lose weight a whole lot slower.

anyway, today i think i was food poisoned. i had a chicken schnitzel roll and i couldn't finish it and i'm feeling it now =|

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
aww i hate logic now im going to have to increase intensity and work out more and work harder....being 60kgs before Mexico (january) sounds very unachievable :(

I've felt really bad these past few days, well not bad, more motivated i guess but i still can't help but feel resentful. My friend who's 152cm, she was big like 72kgs or something like that and now she's 54kg and she did it in 4 months! Like what the?! thats 18kgs lost in 4 months!.... she looks awsomely hot and i'm extremely proud of her but it feels like im not getting anywhere... I haven't even lost 18kgs yet and the 15kgs that i did lose, has taken me over 7 months to lose! I've been forcing myself to eat because of all the things i've learnt (about starvation and how the body works when its starved) but if it wernt for that, i'de starve myself... eating has become extremely hard ever since my friend has reached her goal, i mean she's talking about bikini wear now, along with all my other friends and i can't even fathom even wearing a tankini yet :( don't get me wrong, i love the girl and am extremely proud but i dunno arrggh i just want to be 60kgs NOW :(

Today:

Breakfast (@2pm, even though i was up at 6:30am, i jsut stayed in bed until 2pm)- 2 weetbix with skim milk, white sugar
Snack: two steamed dim sims
Lunch: (@ 6pm)- steamed bok choy and chicken
Lunch2: can of tuna (springwater)
Dinner: Tub or low fat yoghurt

excercise: 45 mins on cross trainer 500calories burnt, 10 mins doing weights

I needed shopping therepy today so i bought myself a pair of rustic gold tony shoes, 50% :D down from $180 .... soo bad of me :( thats $90 out of my mexico fund :(

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
what are ketoslim shakes?

I don't really know what they are, i do but its hard to describe them... i mean they're not meal supplements but they are? I only go on them when I'm desperate to break through a plateu and increased excercise/less food hasn't worked.

They're full of all the right proteins and like they're good for weightloss because they're not like all the other "get skinny shakes" in the sense that it still has nutrients/protein/vitamins in there that help sustain muscle.... the reason why a lot of people gain weight again is because they lose a lot of muscle during their weightloss, this meal supplement came form my naturalist herbalist and its endorsed by the naturalists society.

They don't taste as nice as the other "skinny shakes" but hey whatever, i don't use them all the time. Your supposed to have them twice a day and one meal a day and in between eat protein every 3 hours... but i only have it once a day because i like solid food too much but i've been drinking them lately because they're the only things i can stomache these days

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
pb said:
maybe cuz ur lighter now so ur burning it slower... cuz i know lighter ppl do lose weight a whole lot slower.

anyway, today i think i was food poisoned. i had a chicken schnitzel roll and i couldn't finish it and i'm feeling it now =|
u were poisened pb? i've never been food poisened before, what does it feel like?

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
well maybe not poisoined but i dunno... maybe the chicken was off or soemthing! i just had a real big tummy ache after it

lol the other day i couldn't afford lunch and i bought a pria bar thinking it was a supplement meal replacement bar thingy ... but yeh it was just another choc cookie bar thingy with vitamins... but oh well it was yummy lol

*hopeful*

HSC
maybe u just had indigestion or something pb

i think my stomach muscles are ripped or sumthn, i tried to do a sit-up yesty and almost started crying :(

dont worry clairegirl give urself 2 december 2 work out for a bikini body, so u still got 4 months~

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
clairegirl said:
I've felt really bad these past few days, well not bad, more motivated i guess but i still can't help but feel resentful. My friend who's 152cm, she was big like 72kgs or something like that and now she's 54kg and she did it in 4 months! Like what the?! thats 18kgs lost in 4 months!.... she looks awsomely hot and i'm extremely proud of her but it feels like im not getting anywhere... I haven't even lost 18kgs yet and the 15kgs that i did lose, has taken me over 7 months to lose! I've been forcing myself to eat because of all the things i've learnt (about starvation and how the body works when its starved) but if it wernt for that, i'de starve myself... eating has become extremely hard ever since my friend has reached her goal, i mean she's talking about bikini wear now, along with all my other friends and i can't even fathom even wearing a tankini yet :( don't get me wrong, i love the girl and am extremely proud but i dunno arrggh i just want to be 60kgs NOW :(
you've done so so well clairegirl. it would hard having a friend who lost it so fast to compare yourself to but it is probably just personal differences, unfortunately.

what you know is right is the best thing to do and when you lose the weight, no matter how long it takes, by doing it the right and best way, it will be so so so much more rewarding for you. for your mind, your health, the future of your weight. taking the easy way out is almost never the best option. i admire everyone who loses weight the right way because of their motivation, perseverance and that they didn't give in.

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
*hopeful* said:
hey r we supposed to stretch before doing sit-ups ? cause i did about 40 yesterday and now my stomach feels like its got a constant cramp, its really sore :confused:
I don't think its that necessary to do stretches before sit ups. I remember my gym instructor telling me that when you get a stomach cramp after sit ups, it just means you're really working those muscles. It's actually good for you apparently.

Breakfast: Toast and cranberry juice
Lunch: Cannelloni
Dinner: Pasta
Snack: Mandarins and fruit yogurt!

*hopeful*

HSC
dang i should have just listened to my mum, she told me exactly the same thing ....

HSC
N/A
iambored said:
you've done so so well clairegirl. it would hard having a friend who lost it so fast to compare yourself to but it is probably just personal differences, unfortunately.

what you know is right is the best thing to do and when you lose the weight, no matter how long it takes, by doing it the right and best way, it will be so so so much more rewarding for you. for your mind, your health, the future of your weight. taking the easy way out is almost never the best option. i admire everyone who loses weight the right way because of their motivation, perseverance and that they didn't give in.
Agreed, agreed, agreed!!!

I think this was said before, but you also have to remember that everyone's body is different. Maybe that other girl had a special gene that kick started the "HEY! Metabolism UP now!" system, or something like that. Could be anything :) You are doing so well, Anne - I am so proud of you and JEALOUS of you! Yes, that's right! I'm JEALOUS! You have so much more dedication, discipline and guts than I have. To compare yourself and I - who cares about the dress sizes? At this rate, you will be the one who "wins" in the end because you're the one putting in the work.

Naturally I'm talking about a hypothetical situation - I love ya Anne! :D

hopeful - stretch after situps :) Also listen to your body when you're doing them - yes it's good to "feel the burn" but when you start "feeling the break" (ie your muscles feel like they're about to rip) the you've gone too far. Ideally you want to push yourself, but not so much that you injure yourself, you know? :p

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
hey iab, glitter,

thank you so much, it means a lot to me that you've said that, its something i needed to hear, i love ya guys too :)... i know i've done a lot for myself since last year... it just i dunno, it's weird, i remember the day i started getting into the whole healthy thing at the beggining of the year, she was still eating chocolate, milkshakes, burgers and fries, while i ate my tuna salad whilst trying to motivate her to get healthy, (she was convinced that she'de always have a belly) its just kinda weird that she beat me to it, u know?

I'm not dwelling on it though, thank you...it is individual differences but i know her diet was a lot more strict than mine... it's also disapointing as well because i was convinced i would be "hot" by the time my 21st came around, thats in a month and there's no way i'll be 60kgs by then. 5 months to lose about 11kgs....is my new goal.. i'm really determined to make it now, really really determined to at least reach that goal! I've failed with all the others.

Today:
Breakfast: 1 boiled egg without the yolk
Breakfast2: steamed bok choy and chicken
Lunch: two slices of multigrain bread, mozerrella cheese and a slice of cheese :s
Snack: tub of low fat yoghurt, piece of cheese
Dinner: lettuce tomato and a can of springwater tuna, tub of low fat yoghurt

Note: I know i've eaten wayy too much cheese I just like it too much, i think i'll buy cottage cheese tommorow

Excercise: I worked on the"floor" tonight for 8 hours and then straight after went to the gym ... 32 minutes on the treadmill... 3.5kms, 220 calories burnt... 20 minutes focusing on my butt and thighs.

I'm really scared, i have a 21st on saturday and monday (yeh i know monday is 1st day of uni) ... one's a cocktail party and the other one is a normal house party and im really freaked because the one on saturday is when a lot of ppl who havnt seen me in ages will... and i'll be wearing really really different clothes to what i usually wear. The thought of peoples maybe reactions are making me feel nervous and anxious, it's quite frightening actually... i haven't been out for ages because i've been working almost everyday. I wish i had my camera fixed, so i could take a photo and ask what u guys think.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
clairegirl said:
hey iab, glitter,

thank you so much, it means a lot to me that you've said that, its something i needed to hear, i love ya guys too :)... i know i've done a lot for myself since last year... it just i dunno, it's weird, i remember the day i started getting into the whole healthy thing at the beggining of the year, she was still eating chocolate, milkshakes, burgers and fries, while i ate my tuna salad whilst trying to motivate her to get healthy, (she was convinced that she'de always have a belly) its just kinda weird that she beat me to it, u know?

I'm not dwelling on it though, thank you...it is individual differences but i know her diet was a lot more strict than mine... it's also disapointing as well because i was convinced i would be "hot" by the time my 21st came around, thats in a month and there's no way i'll be 60kgs by then. 5 months to lose about 11kgs....is my new goal.. i'm really determined to make it now, really really determined to at least reach that goal! I've failed with all the others.

I'm really scared, i have a 21st on saturday and monday (yeh i know monday is 1st day of uni) ... one's a cocktail party and the other one is a normal house party and im really freaked because the one on saturday is when a lot of ppl who havnt seen me in ages will... and i'll be wearing really really different clothes to what i usually wear. The thought of peoples maybe reactions are making me feel nervous and anxious, it's quite frightening actually... i haven't been out for ages because i've been working almost everyday. I wish i had my camera fixed, so i could take a photo and ask what u guys think.

doesn't it always seem to happen that way? you do something for someone, you want the best for them and they complain, say things will never change, they probably believe things will never change as well. next thing they have totally surpassed you and it feels like they are stepping all over you because they have what you want the most. it is weird and it is unfair but that's life i guess. but being young i also have the 'world is your oyster' mentality and i do believe that everyone will also get what they want the most if they want it badly enough.

you live with yourself and see yourself every day so you don't notice the differences. but you're probably already hot for your 21st.

you haven't 'failed' anything because, well i know that when i make a goal i never achieve it (haha like so much so that i drive myself insane because i can't achieve any 'absolutes' that i set), and i assume most people are the same. so if i achieve a fraction of the goal i still consider it a success. otherwise i would be constantly depressed.

and this weekend will possibly show how far you've come. confidence girl! :D don't be nervous. do you like the clothes? do you feel comfortable in them (besides the akwardness of wearing something different)? if yes, you're set to go, you should be excited at the reactions, especially if you get comments on your weight loss. and there is a first time for everything, so even if they find it strange or different that you've changed your style, it's 1) the beginning of them getting used to it, 2) they haven't seen you for ages anyway so they'll just think you changed your style before, 3) if you wear it with confidence you will look good anyway. i mean look at some of the absolute junk that the stars wear, but they always look good regardless, because they wear it with confidence.

*phew* now i think i should be off to bed.. since i aimed to go to bed at 10.. and now it's 12.. if i get to bed at sometime during the night, it's still a success :D :p

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
clairegirl said:
don't be scared. be proud! =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)