The MQ Get Healthy/Study Thread (2 Viewers)

HSC
N/A
Breakfast: Bacon and Egg McMuffin and a Hash Brown (first time all week so not too bad)

Lunch: Only orange juice because I was feeling supremely miserable

Snack: Oreo bar, because I was/am still feeling supremely miserable

Afternoon Tea: Macaroni and cheese (basically the only edible thing in this house aside from unhealthy stuff)

Dinner: Pending

Study: Am going to type up notes for BBA, also have emails to send around for both SOC and BBA by tonight!

Exercise: I have my private tap class tonight :) Probably low-intensity, but haven't done this class in weeks so it'll be cool :)

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
Re: The MQ weightloss/marks gain Support Thread!

1) How many kilos (approx) to get down to ideal weight?

weight now: 85, weight at start of uni: 98, ideal weight: 75-80

2) Reasons for being at current state

HSC weight gain, sporting injuries --> stopped playing soccer (football), stopped playing golf, started unhealthy eating habbits ...

3) Why I want to loose weight

Chicks stopped looking at me, feel better about myself, aim to start playing soccer (football) again ...

4) How I plan to loose weight

food and drink - try to replace soft drink with water and tea, my mums cooking is too good to turn down so no changes would be made there ...

gym ... last year semester 2 program done at mq uni gym 3 times a week (one and only semester ive been on plan due to injury and lost 10kg in that time)

xtrainer 35 mins = 1000 calories burned (level 12 constant keeping above 60rpm)
weights machines concentrating on chest and abs
rowing machine 2km = 150 calories burned
treadmill run 5km = 500 calories burned
weights machines concentrating on chest and abs
back on xtrainer for about 15 mins on lower setting (10) = 350 calories burned

=2000 calories burned x 3 times a week x about 10 weeks in a semester + almost no dietary change = 10kg lossed

note: xtrainer = easier than running/cycling and is kinda like both + it burns a alot more calories

5) Subjects being studied at MQ (for potential studdybuddy purposes)

ACCG200, ACCG201, ACCG251, PHIL137

6) Academic goals

maintain creditish avg

7) How I plan to get my marks up

studybuddy anyone? um ... start studying earlier and do plently of past papers ...

Daily eating habbits

>Breakfast - cheerios + fullcream milk + a bit of honey + one glass orange juice
>Lunch - sandwich (usually salad and chicken/ham/tuna) + piece of fruit
>Snack - piece of fruit
>Dinner - whatever mum cooks, try hard to limit to 1 serving ...

Last edited:

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
mserica said:
I just discovered Hershys... and OH Henry Bars... oh my i have fallen in love with chocolate all over again.

I have a mate going to the US and bringing me back as many as legally possible... (does anyone know if you can buy them in Aus)

on the bright side i have been doing sit ups and rowing and the bike, so i am tyring to get back in shape!!
hersheys cookies and creams are sold at this lolly shop in pitt st mall.. its located in the large food court. Is that what your looking for?
Im pretty sure they have the henry bars too.. they stock alot of candy from amercia and other parts of the world. Everytime i go i always stock on cookies and cream oh dearie and im trying to be healthy here.
:eek:

today:
breakie - toast, noodles
snack - fruit bar
lunchie: sandwich nutella :)
dinner: rice with lotus and boy choy
exercise: none as usual :(

*hopeful*

HSC
awww 10kgs ? i wish i had the motivation cuz i'd be over the moon if i lost that much :(

rubix u sound pretty healthy cuz it doesnt sound like u eat as much as other guys i know

HSC
N/A
He could be a big dinner guy, though. I hear Kyle Sandilands only eats one meal a day!

Breakfast: Actually, what did I have for breakfast?! I can't really remember :S That's not a good sign. OH WAIT! I've already done my summary for today :p

Dinner: Whoo it's the BBQ chicken dinner night! (we normally have this once a week) I've had some BBQ chicken with potato, and about to have some chicken caesar salad... if I can find the space in my tummy! :eek:

Study: I still have to type up LOADS of stuff for BBA and SOC, will get to that after this

Exercise: 1 1/2 hour tap lesson. Ha. I've just started on Level 9 of my syllabus (highest level), and I recognise at least half the steps from routines I've done before, and picked up all the combos in one lesson :p (which MUST faster than when I picked up Levels 7 and 8, and I thought I ran through them pretty snappily) If my calculations are correct, I've been ready for Level 9 for the last 3 years... lol. Isn't that a nice thing to know? :p (Disclaimer: This isn't me trying to be overly arrogant, but just like many other solo eisteddfod tappers I've been training "above my exam level" for years now to maintain a competitive advantage, because doing examwork takes up precious training time otherwise spent on perfecting routines)

In other news, it's the first time I had the private lesson in weeks because my tap teacher was away... and I was getting freaked out in the hall (I've been training in there since I was like, 15, and no problems until today) because I kept on hearing weird noises, and I would immediately stop tapping and scuttle (heh, or "skittle") to the other side of the room because I was too scared to continue... lol. I know most of the noise was static from the speakers, but there was this whistle I heard that freaked me out so badly that I even squealled!!! hahaha

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
this 16 y/o boy i know eats jsut one meal a day, and hes taller than me (but he's short) ... and weighs like in the 30s... i was like jeeeebus when i found out.. cuz he doesn't look it... and hes taller than me and a guy!

anyway

breakfast coffee and sultana bran
lunchy munchy tuna/cheese/salad sandwich, sugarfree V
snack 1.5 apple
dinner aftificial crabmeat,1 tub yoghurt, pepsi max
snack got hungry and didnt know what to eat.. so i had like the braised seafood veg thing my family had for dinner (then my mum told me there was cornstarch in it eek!) , tinned fruit, 1 pkt coolpak popcorn

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
My day was not that good either.

Breakfast: Steamed chicken n bok choy
Lunch: Baguette sweet chilli chicken and a chocolate freddo mint
Dinner: tuna Sushi roll and two servings of 97% fat free (but high in carb and kj content) rice crackers

Snacks: 2 sugar free V cans. two peices of sugar free gum

Study: studied for a test today :S, and yeah.. excercise: Nill
Had an exam today, which i hope i've passed and got an interview tommorow (gonna look like such a dag when i rock up to class tommorow in a suit.. .my interview is at 1pm and class is at 2.. so no time to change... i feel so lucky that my bba207 class are one big happy family)

HOPEFUL!! were you wearing a white jacket today?

*hopeful*

HSC
u guys r so awesome....im not structured enough to eat properly like that
for eg today
breakfast- bowl of skim milk n cornflakes
lunch-tuna sushi roll
afternoon-bowl of chicken/veg/hokkein noodle thing
dinner-same as above
afta dinner-a bit more of above and bowl of milo cereal n skim milk
snacks-a billion n one m&m'z and bout 2 go 2 macca's n get the new yummy brownies or an oreo mcflurry or even worse: fries!

the bad thing is i dont stick to a routine everyday.... 2day was alryt cuz i wuz at uni so i wuznt pigging out at random times but look at everything afta 'afternoon' and its all over the place :(

*hopeful*

HSC
yeh! where were u ? i wuz waitin 4 the attack in bba lecture ?

p.s i feel so much better afta that whinging essay of a post (look above)

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
hopeful im like that too. i eat at like random times and stuff.. and like 500000 times a day
but im tryyyying to stick to a routine ... its hard
lol thats my main 'get healthy' goal
i still eat like that .. but not as much so yeh =)

what im trying to do is 3 meals a day + 2 fruit snacks between (i tried to eat fruit after meals but well ur stomach is the size of ur fist so yehh ) ... and only like 1 tub of yoghurt or fruit between dinner and sleep. keeping to a routine like that is harder than it sounds lol ... esp if ur a boredom/emotional/procrastination eater like me. ... and esp today i did hella crap. i had like 2 dinners lol.

on a random note, im addicted to youtube and this song rocks lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwt3fTfDlCg&search=mixed tape mannequin

Last edited:

mserica

HSC
sukiyaki said:
hersheys cookies and creams are sold at this lolly shop in pitt st mall.. its located in the large food court. Is that what your looking for?
Im pretty sure they have the henry bars too.. they stock alot of candy from amercia and other parts of the world. Everytime i go i always stock on cookies and cream oh dearie and im trying to be healthy here.
:eek:

Yeah i saw the hershey cookies but not the hershey bar.... im in need desperately ive eaten all my supplies already... Whoops.

I might go check out the lolly shop for the 'Oh Henry' Bars as i didnt see them before...

THanks heaps...

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
sukiyaki! your not spose to be helping her chocolate addiction!! lol

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
lol yeh i saw it but i didn't have time to reply to it, until now

I was sitting in the back as well.. i saw you but i didn't want to shout out coz there was this other curry chick on the left hand side of me who i thought may be you.. and i was like torn :S... i was full staring at the other chick for any sign of recognition but in the end i thought... hrrm :s i'de better not stare for too long lol she might think im into her or something

.. i was sitting with a blonde girl and the really loud guy (u knwo the guy who was calling out random stuff throughout the lecture) (my friend's mate not mine)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Today: err not sure how i would rate it... pretty bad i suppose.

Breakfast: Egg and bacon :s lol its been so long since ive had bacon and eggs but i did limit myself to one rash of bacon and one egg lol ... no oil used in the cooking process .. cept a lil of that spray oil stuff but still... :S

Lunch: err i was doing interview things so i couldn't eat

Dinner: white rice, 2 small potatos :)S), two peices of chicken

I hardly ate anything today but i don't like it.. don't feel healthy ... i need vegetables :(

HSC
N/A
Went out and had breakfast with a friend today at a lovely cafe/restaurant called Blu Water Grill :)

Breakfast: Poached egg and bacon on muffins with cheese and half a tomato (BEAUTIFUL), hot chocolate

Afternoon Tea: Some chicken caesar salad (was still full from breakfast)

Snack: Oreo Bar

Dinner: Some BBQ chicken and potato. It's not quite enough though... will be looking for more food soon...

Study: Umm.... maybe I'll start thinking about my ENGL218 story assess due on the 13th?

Exercise: Taught dance for 2 hours today, worked the hell out of them and got to pull the "guess what, if you're in the front row and don't know what you're doing, you're going to look like a fool!" line. Hahaha, suckers! :D *is feeling a bit sadistic and doesn't care to show it because these kids need to start working a lot harder anyway*

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
im currently munching on some okra.. coz i think im having vegetable withdrawal symptoms.. im not used to not having vegies

HSC
N/A
oooh wow... *is in awe*

My vegetable quota for today is like this: Half a tomato :p

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
lol me too.. i need like heaps of veg in the day otherwise i'll feel incomplete and unhealthy

anyhooz, today's fooding
breakfast: sultana bran and coffee, tinned fruit
lunchy munchy: tuna/cheese/salad sandwich
snack: apple, 2 fantales, lots of extra drops and eclipses
dinner: started eating baked beans but ewwy the sauce was like bitter so i threw that out and had steamed chicken and veg, 1 piece of sweet and sour pork (one! =D)

exercise
errmm, if it counts... walked to the bus stop ... later i got lost at parra station lol.. so i walked up and down a lot of stairs for awhile ... yeh.. the most exercise i feel like doing for awhile. i lack sleep and movement is like torture lol.

study
once again, was distracted by music.. i wanna know how to play piano so i can be a pianist/singer person like andrew mcmahon lol... but test tomorrow.. must study!

edit: oh yeh.. the bus stop is like 35mins away, so i reckon it counts lol
editedit: 40g cashews and choc milk dammit lol. roasted, salted cashews are yummy but jeeebus. lol ................ dammit and now add more cashew .. and a milky way :(

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)