The new iPad (1 Viewer)

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
that is unfortunate - although I don't think it the ipad/iphones will ever support flash. Isn't even adobe now not really working on flash anymore? (or something like that)
Adobe gave up on the mobile version of flash, they came up with a flash to html5 converter for people to use instead. So keep designing in flash then convert to html5.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm actually deliberating now whether or not I want an iPad HD just to see the net in super high resolution lol. Could be fun. But then also a bit of a waste of cash.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone have a better idea of how HTML5 is moving as the new standard?

Power Rangers

HSC
N/A
My mum bought one of these for my little sister, it's coming this week iirc

will report when it arrives

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I ended up getting one (my first tablet)

Pretty impressed so far. Useful when out and about. Sure beats looking stuff up on a small mobile phone screen.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

Pretty impressed so far. Useful when out and about. Sure beats looking stuff up on a small mobile phone screen.
But do you find it inconvenient to carry it though? That's been my biggest gripe- I can fit an iPhone in my pocket and forget about it, but a tablet is something I always have to carry (or wear a bag for).

Dylanamali

HSC
But do you find it inconvenient to carry it though? That's been my biggest gripe- I can fit an iPhone in my pocket and forget about it, but a tablet is something I always have to carry (or wear a bag for).
true..
i bought one the other week as well - my first tablet.. pleasantly surprised with how good it is.

But yeah, your definitely right.. it is quite big, and in terms of carrying it around it's basically attached to me everywhere i go now which can get a little annoying at times.. but I guess because I go to uni practically everyday with a bag it makes things a lot easier.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think if I caught public transport as opposed to walking/driving to work then it might be more useful as a way to consume media. The only time I can think I'd use it is when I'm at the gym and want to watch movies on a screen bigger than my iPhone lol.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I have surplus USD and no easy/cheap/effective way to convert it to Aussie. Tempting just to buy the 16gb iPad here.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Ended up buying a 16gb black iPad 3 wifi today from Grand Central Station. I figured it'll keep me entertained on the 30 hours or so of flying I have coming up to get from here to Europe and back to Australia. Surprisingly Grand Central only had two models available- 16gb wifi black or 64gb 4g white.

And no it wasn't cheaper than Sydney but I had a bit too much cash left over and I know if I tried to convert it to anything I'd lose a lot on spreads at retail level :(

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
for what?
I presume she is referring to 'General useful applications'.

You know when you first get an iPad/iPhone/Android etc you download basically every single app you see because "it might be useful later"?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I presume she is referring to 'General useful applications'.

You know when you first get an iPad/iPhone/Android etc you download basically every single app you see because "it might be useful later"?
... of which my iPhone(s) and iPad are full of.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Tripview is pretty good. Also use Whatsapp (can msg my Android and BB friends), Sleep Cycle, Trapster (not much though), Speed Tester (to see how fast my internet connection is), VLC (downloaded it before they took it down), Domain and Real Estate.com.au (for looking up properties), Shazam...

I also play Draw Something, Temple Run, Angry Birds, Sims Freeplay (rubbish game but strangely I'm still playing), NFS Hot Pursuit, Real Racing 2 HD (iPad), Simcity.

Dylanamali

HSC
^ pricey games right thurr, are those ipad games or iphone games?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Some from each. Draw something, sim city and real racing are definitely a lot better on the iPad. The others I have on both my iPad 3 and iPhone 4S and think both are great. The only one better on iPhone is temple run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Tripview is pretty good. Also use Whatsapp (can msg my Android and BB friends), Sleep Cycle, Trapster (not much though), Speed Tester (to see how fast my internet connection is), VLC (downloaded it before they took it down), Domain and Real Estate.com.au (for looking up properties), Shazam...

I also play Draw Something, Temple Run, Angry Birds, Sims Freeplay (rubbish game but strangely I'm still playing), NFS Hot Pursuit, Real Racing 2 HD (iPad), Simcity.
aah yes forgot about whatsapp

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

How do u like using it for BoS! I find the interface really nice on the big touch screen over the iPhone now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)