The OC, worst show ever? (1 Viewer)

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
god i used to be one of those people who's life would end if i didn't get my weekly dose of the OC. now it stinks. how can one season be so good, and the other season so completely shit.

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
fucking OC.
I was at a cusins some time ago and watched OC with them. I nearly fell asleep.
BUT,

this OC thing is like a fucking cult. if you dont watch you're not with it. It's like if you dont watch it you aint kool.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
fuck.
are you trying to tell me that im not cool because i dont watch the OC?
so if i watch the OC next tuesday, i will be cool?
i always thought i was super trendy because i didnt watch the OC.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Is it just me or are CSI and Law and Order both incredibly overrated as well?

Fry

persephone said:
Remember when everyone used to love the OC?
very true. believe or not there was a time when there were rarely any negative comments about The OC. then ch10 started over-hyping it and shoving the annoying weekly promos into our faces, that's when they started appearing. i liked it when it was on ch9 because they marketed it totally differently and didn't hype it up as much. they focused more on the adults rather than the teenagers, but on 10 they're like 'Ryan..Seth..Summer..Marissa – don't miss the hottest young stars of The OC' or 'Thorpie says it's gold' or 'you'll kick yourself if you miss this addictive guilty pleasure' etc etc.

routemarker said:
well with 8.30 Tuesday you have some decisions to make.

Seven - Dancing With The Stars
Nine - CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
ABC - The Bill
Ten - The OC
SBS - The Cutting Edge

*ranked by ratings in timeslot.

The Stand out is CSI but i have no idea why people want to watch Dancing With The Stars.
i think the ratings are declining partly because many OC fans have already downloaded and seen the latest episodes. i was on the train the other day and there were these bunch of teenage school girls rambling on about how they've already seen season 2 and how they got them from a classmate who was distributing and sharing dvd copies of the show, thus producing this kind of ever-expanding social network. on top of that, since there are many people switching to cable/broadband now, they have resorted to downloading the episodes and sharing them around with their friends. im assuming this happens a lot in the school yards.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Fry said:
very true. believe or not there was a time when there were rarely any negative comments about The OC. then ch10 started over-hyping it and shoving the annoying weekly promos into our faces, that's when they started appearing. i liked it when it was on ch9 because they marketed it totally differently and didn't hype it up as much. they focused more on the adults rather than the teenagers, but on 10 they're like 'Ryan..Seth..Summer..Marissa – don't miss the hottest young stars of The OC' or 'Thorpie says it's gold' or 'you'll kick yourself if you miss this addictive guilty pleasure' etc etc.
I hate what Channel Ten have done to the show. They need the ratings so they over-hype and over dramatise the show and spoil the show which it turn lowers the ratings which they respond to by promoting it eve more. I think it is kind of like a vicious circle:(.

Fry said:
i think the ratings are declining partly because many OC fans have already downloaded and seen the latest episodes. i was on the train the other day and there were these bunch of teenage school girls rambling on about how they've already seen season 2 and how they got them from a classmate who was distributing and sharing dvd copies of the show, thus producing this kind of ever-expanding social network. on top of that, since there are many people switching to cable/broadband now, they have resorted to downloading the episodes and sharing them around with their friends. im assuming this happens a lot in the school yards.
Actually that might not be so far from the truth. I was reading somewhere the other day about Australia being the second highest television downloading country (ahead of America) and considering our size relative to some countries that is pretty surprising:eek:.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
is it possible, could this be the worst television series ever in the history of TV series? if not, it's up there with the worst.
BS, there have been heaps worse shows then this, really this show aint that bad, if u compare it to alot of other shows that are really shit

Fry

Merethrond said:
Actually that might not be so far from the truth. I was reading somewhere the other day about Australia being the second highest television downloading country (ahead of America) and considering our size relative to some countries that is pretty surprising:eek:.
Americans don't need to download that many television programs anyway cos that's where all the most popular downloaded shows originate.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
withoutaface said:
Is it just me or are CSI and Law and Order both incredibly overrated as well?
I have never really been into those shows:).

routemarker said:
The British download the most shows and after seeing the standard of british TV it sno wonder why.
Haha, so true:D!

Danoz The Great

HSC
routemarker said:
The British download the most shows and after seeing the standard of british TV it sno wonder why.
awww, they've got Ab Fab!!! They're cool!!!! :(

Danoz The Great

HSC
Fry said:
Are you calling me a hipocrit?
I've hated OC from the start. Look in the OC post - i've posted occasionally "OC is shit" numerous times.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
i have never watched an episode of the oc but i think its safe to conclude that its less harmful than watching loads of reality tv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)