• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

the OC (1 Viewer)

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
You will cry dagnammit...the english boys did, but then they are english boys so yea.

I nearly cried when i got told about it...i am going to be a mess when i see it

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Fry said:
i don't get what people see in Marissa, she's like a walking skeleton. her arms and legs are like sticks. Summer is the best looking chick, imo. i'd kill to have her body..figuratively speaking.
Summer does have a nice body, and she does look pretty from a distance, but some of those close-ups make me think otherwise:(.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Cicciolina said:
One good thing about the OC is that they don't drag things out too long Dawson/Joey style (which took what, like 4 seasons or something?!?) Things happen soooo much faster :D
I would say it will be at least a season before Marissa and Ryan start a relationship. I think the main reason why television shows drag these kind of things out for so long is because that is what the show is based around, teen relationship. Once they start the relationship, there isn't much else interesting to show:uhhuh:.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Fry said:
Adam is the epitome of hotness in this pic!! he kinda looks like Dean from Gilmore Girls.

Wow, Adam looks so much different in that photo:eek:!

troika

HSC
N/A
i used to think Mischa was really gorgeous but after checking out rachel-bilson.net and mischabarton.com, i realised Rachel is heaps prettier. she's short, cute and sexy. Mischa looks hideous with a fringe and she looks anorexic but Rachel's more fuller looking - just the way i like my gals.

Cicciolina

HSC
Merethrond said:
I would say it will be at least a season before Marissa and Ryan start a relationship. I think the main reason why television shows drag these kind of things out for so long is because that is what the show is based around, teen relationship. Once they start the relationship, there isn't much else interesting to show:uhhuh:.
I've watched the whole season from downloads off the net (I have broadband, and was bored during the holidays, alright? :p ) soo.. I'm not going to say anything about it. But that.... ahhhh. Dammit. I can't say anything, it's way too slack.
I'll just say things happen SO quickly in the OC. By the time this season ends, and you think back to what has happened - it's very very soapy. Every character has some major disaster of some sort.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Orange Juice said:
im wondering what gonna happen to marissa's dad? the mom is the biggest bitch ive ever seen.... so spoilt...
Yeah, Marissa's mum plays the part well, as does Summer:). As far a I know, Seth's mum talked Marissa's mum into staying with her husband:).

Orange Juice said:
and seths mom should stop getting caught speaking to the dad... shes been caught too many times....
Why should they stop seeing each other? They have been good friends since they were 16:)?

P.S. You are even starting to sound like them, calling them "mom":p.

how u doin? said:
i think the character of the mum is too exaggerated. no mum could be that evil...could they...?
People can be much more evil than that. People kill their own family for God's sake:(.

troika said:
i don't think Marissa's mum is too exaggerated. she seems pretty credible to me and her eyes even look evil.
I will tell you who looks evil, Luke:eek:, especially at the end of the Katillion episode:eek:.

iambored said:
mischa is absolutely gorgeous
:uhhuh:

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Cicciolina said:
I've watched the whole season from downloads off the net (I have broadband, and was bored during the holidays, alright? :p ) soo.. I'm not going to say anything about it. But that.... ahhhh. Dammit. I can't say anything, it's way too slack.
I'll just say things happen SO quickly in the OC. By the time this season ends, and you think back to what has happened - it's very very soapy. Every character has some major disaster of some sort.
OK, cool then. This show might be different. Thanks for not saying anything:).

troika

HSC
N/A
Merethrond said:
you're wrong. The OC does not drag things out cos Marissa and Ryan get together pretty quickly. Ryan already asked Marissa out in the fifth episode and next week Seth gets his first kiss from Summer. i don't really know how so no-one spoil it!

and the reason why tv shows (mainly daytime soaps) drag things out for so long is so that they can build up suspense and audience anticipation, not cos there's isn't anything else interesting on the show. they could make up a tonne of stories for the characters. why do you think there are so many tv soaps that last for decades? they usually recycle old storylines and practically everyone on the show has dated each other, yet audiences are still watching.

Cicciolina

HSC
troika said:
next week Seth gets his first kiss from Summer. i don't really know how so no-one spoil it!
IT's a good ep :)

When I first started watching it, I wanted Seth and Marissa together actually. Love, love Seth. He's the best character on it. Summer comes a close second (Summer in the later eps I mean)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
troika said:
you're wrong. The OC does not drag things out cos Marissa and Ryan get together pretty quickly. Ryan already asked Marissa out in the fifth episode and next week Seth gets his first kiss from Summer. i don't really know how so no-one spoil it!
I am talking about a relationship here. I did concede that this show must be different in my previous post. I suppose it is moving along faster than most other teen shows:).

troika said:
and the reason why tv shows (mainly daytime soaps) drag things out for so long is so that they can build up suspense and audience anticipation, not cos there's isn't anything else interesting on the show. they could make up a tonne of stories for the characters. why do you think there are so many tv soaps that last for decades? they usually recycle old storylines and practically everyone on the show has dated each other, yet audiences are still watching.
Yeah, that is what I was trying to say - relationships draw in audiences. Daytime Soaps are just about based around relationships and the consequences of them (from what I have seen):).

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
yes. The OC.

Ciccolina, can you please pm me and tell me what happens! I want to know and I can't be bothered waiting for the end of the series or downloading it!!

I want Seth and Marissa to be together only cause I love Seth and think he should be the main character and not the plastic Ryan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)