• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

the OC (2 Viewers)

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
Yeah, it is pronounced "mee-sha". Where do you guys download these episodes?

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
Merethrond said:
Why can't you download it now? I can't download any more episodes for the rest of the month either because I have run out of downloads for the month:p.
no our main computer is screwed and is getting fixed (it has been for 2 weeks now :mad: )
so we have connected our internet to my brothers laptop
and it doesn't have great virus protection or firewall
so i am not allowed to download anything...

when do u rekon they will start season two on tv?
i hope its early feb :D

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
nicko88 said:
i think most of us use bittorrent
and once you have the stuff
you can download it from almost any torrent website.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
nicko88 said:
Most people use BitTorrent. Some people also use IRC:).

mizz_smee said:
no our main computer is screwed and is getting fixed (it has been for 2 weeks now :mad: )
so we have connected our internet to my brothers laptop
and it doesn't have great virus protection or firewall
so i am not allowed to download anything...
I thought you said that it is fixed again though? Anyway, if you are scared about getting a virus using BitTorrent, you shouldn't because the files are verified.You will definitely get the right file:).

mizz_smee said:
when do u rekon they will start season two on tv?
i hope its early feb :D
At first I thought they would begin airing season two in February like some of the other shows but I think they would be heavily advertising it by now if that was going to happen. That is just my opinion though, I have no idea really:p.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
yeah we got it back for like a day and then realised that they didnt fix it properly
i got to download one episode then though :D
i can't wait for it to be on tv again
it's easier to download for me
coz i have to share my computer to much
so i have to dowload it at different times

payafee

HSC
i finally got to watch my downloaded episode. why didn't anyone tell me that you have to finish downloading the file 'cause i kept trying to play it when it wasn't finished. which one's better: mpeg or avi file?

maybe you should start a new OC with spoilers thread, golfstick?

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
golfstick said:
i can't do those spoiler things so i can't discuss season 2 episode 9

interesting, especially the end
whats so hard about doing the spoiler things?
payafee said:
i finally got to watch my downloaded episode. why didn't anyone tell me that you have to finish downloading the file 'cause i kept trying to play it when it wasn't finished. which one's better: mpeg or avi file?
u didn't assume that u had to wait for it to finish?
i tried once and realised i had to wait
thats why it never occured to me....
payafee said:
if this thread couldn't have spoilers it would die...

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
payafee said:

avi is more compressed so you can have better quality video for smaller file size, however mpeg you can make a dvd/vcd and playon your dvd player

where were you downloading the file? i'm guessing Bittorrent
you can watch it by pausing the download, then copy the file to another drive (COPY not CUT) then run it, if it doesnt work use Videolan (it runs practically the universe)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Bob.J said:
avi is more compressed so you can have better quality video for smaller file size, however mpeg you can make a dvd/vcd and playon your dvd player
Yeah, the avi files are awesome quality, so much better than I ever expected. The mpeg files are so much worse, I wouldn't ever bother with them. If you are going to download television shows definitely use the computer and download the avi files:).

Bob.J said:
where were you downloading the file? i'm guessing Bittorrent
you can watch it by pausing the download, then copy the file to another drive (COPY not CUT) then run it, if it doesnt work use Videolan (it runs practically the universe)
The thing is, because BitTorrent does not download the pieces of the file in order you may be 50% through the file but you may just have little pieces of the file scattered everywhere:).

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
Merethrond said:
The thing is, because BitTorrent does not download the pieces of the file in order you may be 50% through the file but you may just have little pieces of the file scattered everywhere:).
That depends on what client you use. Bit Comet downloas in order so you can preview the episode. Shareaza does not.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Fry said:
if avi files were compressed then wouldn't be of poorer quality?
Both mpeg and avi files are compressed, avi is just a better compression technology:).

routemarker said:
That depends on what client you use. Bit Comet downloas in order so you can preview the episode. Shareaza does not.
Well there you go, I didn't know that. I use Azureus:).

transcendent

HSC
N/A
okay i borrowed the OC from my cousin. i'm finding it really difficult to sit through the first episode. it's really hard to digest. should i be eating it or watching it?

firehose

HSC
imo the 2nd season is still good but kinda lacking the spark that the 1st season had and da storylines aren't so sustaining.... should change soon though

Fry

i heard that the first season was better and that the second is starting to go downhill. all i can say is 'already??'.

Amryllis

HSC
Like they said on The OC Special, they packed so much stuff into season 1 it's hard to get the story going in season 2. They were like they put 3 seasons worth of storyline into 1 season! ;)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
firehose said:
imo the 2nd season is still good but kinda lacking the spark that the 1st season had and da storylines aren't so sustaining.... should change soon though
Well I loved most off season one but I was kind of getting sick of some things toward the end. However, season two has got me back into it. I think season two is so much better than season one:D!

llamalope said:
ok ppl so whats ur fave song on the oc?
About 90% of the songs plays, seriously:cool:.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)