The Offical Tennis thread (1 Viewer)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
It's rather presumptuous of him to rate himself as a chance against Federer considering their recent head to head record. I guess you could argue that it's good he hasn't given up, but personally it's wearing a bit thin. He's also another who seems to have given up on Roland Garros.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Juan Carlos is playing qualifying in Hamburg and I have to say for me it just makes me like him more. Form is temporary but class is permanent.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Nadal has won his second consecutive masters tournaments by beating Guillermo Coria in an epic 5 hour battle 6-4, 3-6, 6-3, 4-6, 7-6(8). But there'll be no rest for Nadal, it's straight off to Hamburg where he'll be attempting to capture all three clay court masters tournaments in the same year, a feat that I don't think any player has achieved before. After that I imagine he'll take a well deserved breather before Roland Garros.

I'm more impressed than ever with Nadal. Beating an experienced grifter like Coria in a 5 setter is no mean feat. All credit to his incredible tenacity. Surely he's learnt much since his QF defeat to Hewitt at the Australian Open. At this rate Federer's going to miss out on the French again this year.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
omg Rafy is a god!! High quality tennis from both players. A preview of the Roland Garros final, should they players be on opposite sides of the draw perhaps??

Rafael should not play Hamburg though he is obviously tired and I think deserves a well earned break before roland garros.

Ferrero made it through qualies (well it would have been pathetic if he hadn't). I hope he wins the whole freaking tournie now just to show stupid Hamburg.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
my sister just got diamond sponsership
now she gets paid to play in tournaments by fischer and lotto
they give mum and dad a certain amount of money to assist with travel to tournaments as well... awesome
she beat her arch nemisis yesterday! booyeh

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
jim_green said:
Nadal has won his second consecutive masters tournaments by beating Guillermo Coria in an epic 5 hour battle 6-4, 3-6, 6-3, 4-6, 7-6(8). But there'll be no rest for Nadal, it's straight off to Hamburg where he'll be attempting to capture all three clay court masters tournaments in the same year, a feat that I don't think any player has achieved before. After that I imagine he'll take a well deserved breather before Roland Garros.

I'm more impressed than ever with Nadal. Beating an experienced grifter like Coria in a 5 setter is no mean feat. All credit to his incredible tenacity. Surely he's learnt much since his QF defeat to Hewitt at the Australian Open. At this rate Federer's going to miss out on the French again this year.
As fantastic a player Nadal is, what's with him and prolonged matches? It's seriously gonna hamper him during the grand slams. A lil' bit of fine tuning and like jim_green said, the French will be as good as his this year.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Safin vs Ferrero in the 2nd round of Hamburg. Who are you backing Sweet? :p According to ATP Marat played 'flawless tennis'. There's something he hasn't done for a while. I'm hoping he'll get up at Hamburg and be a genuine threat at the French.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Hmm.. must've been up to some pretty kinky shit with Bec, because he certainly didn't do it on the tennis court.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
jim_green said:
Safin vs Ferrero in the 2nd round of Hamburg. Who are you backing Sweet? :p According to ATP Marat played 'flawless tennis'. There's something he hasn't done for a while. I'm hoping he'll get up at Hamburg and be a genuine threat at the French.
uggghh the indecision!!! Marat played *wow* but then again Martin is his bitch.

In Monte Carlo it was easier to go for JC because he needed a good result but now i'm thinking Marat needs one more.

In the FO they better be on opposites sides of the draw.

It's Ferrero's best surface and Marat's fav so it should be fun but totally painful for me either way!.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Too poor to raise a fuss. She'll probably succeed Nicole Pratt as Australia's perpetual second round loser in women's tennis. Oh and the scoreline was 6-2 6-0.

Meanwhile Ferrero took out Safin :( Poor Marat. He's running out of time to get a good run before the French. Hopefully he'll take one of the minor titles after this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)