The Offical Tennis thread (1 Viewer)

HNCS

Fanatic
HSC
It’s not my judgement. It’s what people think. But I do agree with it. Can you name anyone, that has 5-6 weapons that are amongst the best? His service is one of the best .His forehand is renowned. His backhand is supposedly his weakest link, but is it weak? No. it is still amongst the best. And you mentioned backhand on the run, I’ve seen plenty. [you see… i watch him whenever he’s playing lol] his net skills are amongst the best. Speed is amongst the best. Mentally one of the toughest. Return or anticipation is one of the best. I’m saying ‘one of the best’ because it’s always arguable but he may well be the best in many compartments. Sampras’s serve was the best. His forehand and volleys were very good. But in comparison to federer’s completeness, his backhand was ‘trash’. Federer is the most complete player. He can have bad days on his forehand, but he’s still got the rest. Agassi said that in the modern era you only need 1-2 weapons to be dominant, but federer’s got 5-6. Federer isn’t the best baseliner, nor the best serve and volleyer. He is the most complete player.

by the way, federer's going to play at least until the 2012 olympics. but recently he has opening repeated that he wants to play until he's 35.

HNCS

Fanatic
HSC
here's something from the rocket rod laver himself:

Roger's got too many shots, too much talent in one body. It's hardly fair that one person can do all this—his backhands, his forehands, volleys, serving, his court position. The way he moves around the court, you feel like he's barely touching the ground. That's the sign of a great champion.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
something crazy with tennis players, we all seem to be smart.
you travel around aus. and find every one seems to be doing exts.

go team.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
well, i suppose you do need to think a lot in tennis, haha.

i reckon if nalbandian made the masters cup, he'd win it. that bloke was unstoppable.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
wuddie said:
well, i suppose you do need to think a lot in tennis, haha.

i reckon if nalbandian made the masters cup, he'd win it. that bloke was unstoppable.
lol, ditto.
yeah david ferrer would've gotton dominated by nalbandian.

s0mers

HSC
N/A
The Australian Open Should be Played on Synthetic Grass

Hey what do you guys think about the push to have the Australian Open played on Synthetic Grass?
I think it'd be good, because it would make our grand slam unique, instead of being played on exactly the same surface as US Open.
Also, most Aussies grow up playing on it so our guys would have an advantage.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: The Australian Open Should be Played on Synthetic Grass

s0mers said:
Hey what do you guys think about the push to have the Australian Open played on Synthetic Grass?
I think it'd be good, because it would make our grand slam unique, instead of being played on exactly the same surface as US Open.
What colour would it be?

notaaron

HSC
Re: The Australian Open Should be Played on Synthetic Grass

s0mers said:
Idiot.

HSC
lol u cant b serious. the aussie open would lose its authenticity as synthetic grass is basically everywhere.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
i've played on the new surface they had over at the olympic park, it is a tat slower and less bouncier than rebound ace, and the ball fluffs up a lot more easily - i think it is because the court grips on the ball a whole lot more. but overall, i won't buy it if a player loses and blames the court surface, it is his job to adapt to the new surface.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)