The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (2 Viewers)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
How good is Schwarzer? I'm so confident with him at the back.

There has been a few close calls for the Aussies so far but generally we seem to be matching it with the Italians. We need a Timmy Cahill wonder-goal.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
We've had most of the ball, very pleased. We're a bit weak on counterattacks and in the air. Also kewell would still be great to have on.
Wilkshire has been great, thus far :)
A bit of luck, and we should snag a goal soon.
I hope we don't play for a penalty shootout, but rather for a second-half win. I really think we have a chance to do it.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Penalty shoot-out won't be too bad, I'm sure the Aussies have practiced penalties just for this occasion. Remember we did win our last shoot-out and Italy have lost on every shoot-out I've watched so far. US '94 and France '98. They also lost to France in Euro 2000 in ET, and of course to Korea 2 years later. So things are on our side should the match end in a draw after 90 mins.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I do feel that we are missing Kewell and Emerton down the flanks in this game. Other than that...I am very happy with the way we are playing. Hopefully we can make the most of this numerical advantage.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Re: For All You Italianss!!!

As an italian supporter, italy did not deserve to win, and i feel so sorry for australia who deserved to win it.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Surely an Italian job, take a bow, or should I say, dive.

Meterazzi, although he's the biggest kunt in modern football, didn't deserve that red.

But, fuck...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh fuck off...Australia played so well

Perhaps they were lucky against croatia, but they dominated this game

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I really feel for Lucas Neill right now. He has been simply awesome at this World Cup...so it is kind of ironic that a challenge by him would lead to the penalty that takes Australia out of the World Cup. It was hardly a challenge though...more like a clumsy fall from Neill.

Anyway..as much as I am cursing about what could have been...I just want to say that I am so proud of the boys and what they have achieved. They have exceeded all expectations and earnt worldwide respect. Thankyou so much Guus Hiddink for everything that you have done to raise the profile of football in this country. You will be missed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)