The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (1 Viewer)

^___^
HSC
matt#1 said:
Someone from Real has stated that they will be shortly unveiling 2 players from Inter, and English player and a Portuguese one. I'm guessing that one of the Inter players will be Adriano. I'm lost as to who the English player might be. No prizes for guessing who the Portuguese guy is though.
english: rooney, lampard..take your pick

mecurial

HSC
Go the Indominatable Li......oh. But go the Ghanian side anyway. It is very hard to see them getting on top - Micheal Assassin is just too big of a loss for them.

Hopefully they can get a result...or otherwise I hope Brazil school them. No more honourable losses for this tourney, it is all or nothing now.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
... said:
english: rooney, lampard..take your pick
I don't think that Rooney will go anywhere. Ballack's arrival at Chelsea could mean that it is Lampard? I think that it is one of either Joe Cole, Ashley Cole or Lamps.

Jimmy_B

HSC
- L1n - said:
eh i'm delusional? last time i checked Man UTD has no obligations in realeasing ronaldo considering he has like 3 yrs left on contract, so it's irrelevant if Ronaldo wants to leave or not, Fergie makes the decision. So unless real pays well Ronaldo will just have be a cry baby for the next 3 Years.

Ofcos we haven't replaced Becks, theres no many pinpoint passing players out there to begin with.
yes you are being delusional. if a player wants to leave the selling clubs bargaining power goes down big time. no way real will pay anywhere near 30 mil. manyoo might just recoup the 12 they spent on him in the first place. either that or have a hugely expensive misfit in your team.

@matt, the english player is probably ashley cole. especially if they get sven in there too.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I'm so pissed off with football today. Firstly the socceroos result and now news that my favourite player wants to leave Man United. Can it get any worse?!?? I will be pretty cut if he does leave...I even have a Man United jersey with "Ronaldo" across the back. I do agree, however, that there is not much point in keeping someone against their will.

I will also lose alot of respect for him if he leaves after all the Fergie has done for him. He certainly wouldn't be the superstar he is today if we didn't take him in.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Fat Ronaldo scooooorrrrreeeesssss!!!! He becomes the greatest goal scorer in World Cup history. Congratulations to him. That will go some way to shutting up some of his critics.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
matt#1 said:
I'm so pissed off with football today. Firstly the socceroos result and now news that my favourite player wants to leave Man United. Can it get any worse?!?? I will be pretty cut if he does leave...I even have a Man United jersey with "Ronaldo" across the back. I do agree, however, that there is not much point in keeping someone against their will.

I will also lose alot of respect for him if he leaves after all the Fergie has done for him. He certainly wouldn't be the superstar he is today if we didn't take him in.
Hm, I know the feeling. Just goes to show that it is in fact a way of life, more than just some game that you watch once a week.

And what you said about losing respect, holds true. For him to turn around and want out would definitely give him a deserved tarnished rapport in Manchester. Forgiveness would be very hard to come by if he does actually leave now.

As for the mystery English player, best bet would have to be Ashley Cole. Roberto Carlos may finally have played his last match for Madrid.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
C'mon Ronaldinho. Do something. He is the only Brazilian in my fantasy side and yet to justify his #1 in the world status in this World Cup so far.

edit: Adriano scores!!!!!!!!!!!! 2-0. Seemingly game over.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Paragon said:
That was surely offside.
I feel for Ghana.
Definite offside. Does anyone else get the feeling that the referees in this tournament feel obligated to protect the interests of the most powerful European and South American nations? The big decisions in this World Cup so far have seemingly always gone against the smaller, less recognised nations.

2-0 is definitely not a clear indication of the way the game is being played. Perhaps Ghana can score an early 2nd half goal and make an unikely comeback? Unlikely, but in any case...they have already represented Africa proudly. Before this World Cup I wrote a massive post on why I thought that no African sides would make it through the group stages...so they have impressed me throughout the tournament as well.

Last edited:

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Who do you guys think the player of the tournament has been so far? I'm just wondering because before the world cup began I thought that Ronaldinho was going to make it his own. Instead he has been strangely quiet so far. I really can't see a player of such quality like him going through the whole tournament without leaving a mark. Or at least scoring a memorable goal. Brazil's opponents in the latter stages of the tournament should be concerned.

Last edited:

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
matt#1 said:
Who do you guys think the player of the tournament has been so far? I'm just wondering because before the world cup began I thought that Ronaldinho was going to make it his own. Instead he has been strangely quiet so far. I really can't see a player of such quality like him going through the whole tournament without leaving a mark. Or at least scoring a memorable goal. Brazil's opponents in the latter stages of the tournament should be concerned.
klose and lahm are the 2 players that really exceeded my expectaions, but then again germany have yet to play anyone of high quality

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)