• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (2 Viewers)

Pace_T

HSC
pwhoar i just realised timmy cahill's parents live not very far from my house. ohh i feel so special lol

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Paragon said:
:rofl: Shocking miss by Crouchy.
LoL yeah

My first thought: He's tryin to be Rooney.
Then straight afterwards the Poms are chantin "Rooney! Rooney!". Hm I guess we can expect him to come on in the 2nd half.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
hmmm...more frustration for England. Credit to Trinidad & Tobago though. I'd love to see Rooney brought into the game...but as a Man United supporter, I don't want him to be risked if he is not fully fit. C'mon England!

Also...I don't think that Yorke will be doing to much partying at the conclusion of this game after copping the full force of that Gerrard strike. Poor guy.

mecurial

HSC
He's no Jan Koller, that's all I say.

England are such long ball merchants. Ok, eventually they will get one against this team. But against the likes of Spain, Italy, and the Czech Republic, do they really think they will be able to win the match using the long ball? I can't believe here we are in 2006, England proclaiming a new brand of attacking adventurous football under the guide of Sven-Goran, and we are witnessing such tactics. Seriously, is this WC 1974?

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
England simply lack the quality to score, somethin which Rooney can provide. Joe Cole played just like a Chelsea kunt, similar to the way Robben played, except much much shittier. Oh well, Sven don't have enough brains to take either Gerrard or Lampard off, I think he'll chuck Rooney on in place of either Owen or Crouch now.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
LMF^^ said:
England simply lack the quality to score, somethin which Rooney can provide. Joe Cole played just like a Chelsea kunt, similar to the way Robben played, except much much shittier. Oh well, Sven don't have enough brains to take either Gerrard or Lampard off, I think he'll chuck Rooney on in place of either Owen or Crouch now.
Crouch IS the problem. His height encourages the use of long balls because he is good for nothing else. England should not be using a guy like him from the start. In my opinion, he would be better used as an impact player off the bench when looking for something different in attack. As for Gerrard and Lampard, I still believe that they can both play for England at the same time. Sven just needs to use a holding midfielder so they are free to attack in they way that they do for their respective club sides. Hopefully we will see Rooney sometime in this half. I don't expect too much from him immediately though after such a long lay-off.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Constip8edSkunk said:
and you say england will hammer equador? o.0
As I mentioned before...there was more than just a bit of bias in my comment. I do, however, still believe that England do have the potential and quality to beat Ecuador.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
Another brilliant ball from Becks, and glaring miss by Crouch. How does Sven not see what seemingly everyone else does ?

(This match must be quite a devastating blow to Cisse and Morientes' self-esteems given their Anfield careers have been curtailed by someone like Crouch :angry: )

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
haha typical english fan and their dillusions :p england must be glad to be rid of sven tho... tho a tad late... hes done nothing. 22 shots 5 on goal, its been shocking

what a great story it has been for T&T tho, imagine if they draw it here and then get a lucky win against paraguay. SOCA WARRIORS FTW!!!

matt#1

HSC
N/A
...That is all Crouchie is good for...and should be brought on late in games in my opinion. Good to see England through to the next round already though :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)