• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (3 Viewers)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Paragon said:
Second goal.

Brilliant pass by Beckham. :uhhuh:
Becks has been brilliant in both games. He is certainly good for more than just selling jerseys:) . That Gerrard strike will also hopefully breathe some life into my flailing fantasy world cup team.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
mecurial said:
Stevie G.....first good thing he has done in 180 minutes.
Bullshit. Gerrard was one of England's best by far. 2 incredible passes that would have been secondary assists had Crouch been less incompetent up front in the first half from the half way line. Great distribution in the second half as well. Granted he was shocking against Paraguay, but terrific today.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Poor first half by England, then Rooney came on and things started to change. T&T didn't deserve to lose 2-0, fuckin Gerrard.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
matt#1 said:
Becks has been brilliant in both games. He is certainly good for more than just selling jerseys:) . That Gerrard strike will also hopefully breathe some life into my flailing fantasy world cup team.
Let's just say Becks played umpteen times better at right-back than Crouch did at centre-forward.
There, compared Becks to Crouch, definitely going to burn in hell.

matt#1 said:
GERRARD!!!! Fantastic strike. Take that all of you England knockers :p.
With their performances, it's justified. :)

And one word,
Ecuador. :D

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Paragon said:
And one word,
Ecuador. :D
ahaha...we will just have to wait and see. Just to clarify things though, I have temporarily changed my avatar to let you know that i'm a big fan of the English team, but not an England supporter. My priorities lie with Portugal and Australia.

....So far I have frustratingly been 1 goal off the mark with both of my predictions (I predicted Ecuador 2-0 and England 3-0). For this game I think it will be;

Sweden 2-0 Paraguay (Ibrahimovic, Larsson)

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i really like the way the swedes play. game against england should be awesome

stazi

Nightman
HSC
politik said:
Isn't Agincourt the unofficial Socceroos base? Problem is it gets packed out really early, there was no room after a few minutes the other night when we played Japan.

Japan - so they can buy a nice Gold jersey.
yes, but that was at 11pm, not at 2am :p

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Bah, i need to bet more. In 3 days ive only accumulated $55.95. Might put a bit on Mexico tonight

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
matt#1 said:
....So far I have frustratingly been 1 goal off the mark with both of my predictions (I predicted Ecuador 2-0 and England 3-0). For this game I think it will be;

Sweden 2-0 Paraguay (Ibrahimovic, Larsson)
:rofl:

at last i get a score right

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Has anyone actually watched Crouch's goal closely?

He PULLED ON SANCHO'S PONYTAIL .. it should have been a freekick, and for something that disgusting, Crouch should have been sent off too.

If you haven't already seen it, I urge you to watch the side-on replay in slow motion. You can clearly see Crouch's hand grabbing onto Sancho's hair and pulling it round.

No wonder the guy couldn't contest the ball, he was getting his hair ripped off.

Trinidad & Tobago deserved a draw at least on last night's performance. And during the match, whilst I watched it, I thought there was good reason for them to deserve a victory.

What's happened has happened, though. Unless England rapidly improve, they will really struggle against Germany or Ecuador.

Ecuador looked really good.

otay

HSC
Yeah I saw that. No way shoulda been a goal. And that lanky mofo shoulda put a few away earlier anyway. Yeah T&T did deserve a draw too I think. A bit unlucky but thats football I guess. I agree thought that they will struggle playing like that against Germany or Ecuador. I actually can't WAIT for the Germany v Ecuador match also. Both sides will want to finish on top to avoid facing England (assuming they at least draw to Sweden) and both have heaps of attacking flair. Should be great. England are creating chances though, just not putting finishing touches on. Maybe when Rooney gets fit and a bit more match time behind him he can put those finishing touches on. Until then though they will have a very good challenge on their hands in second round.

HOW GOOD WAS ECUADOR"S THIRD GOAL??? Like perfect counter-attacking team football

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)