The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (2 Viewers)

- L1n -

HSC
stazi said:
I never predicted that Brazil will win by 5 goals. I said I would love them to score 5 goals against Croatia, meaning it'll be easier for us to get through.

Brazil plays horribly as a team.
They had 1 choke game u watch them gel for the next games.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Yeah, thats why i was hoping we'd play brazil first. I do think they'll come massively in form and will thrash us 3-0. However, I also wouldnt be surprised if they still don't click and beat us by 1 or 2 goals only.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Pace_T said:
i really hope brazil doesnt win this world cup. i was supporting croatia in the match this morning even though they knocked out italy 4 years ago lol
Croatia didnt knock italy out, korea did. They just beat them

otay

HSC
Australia 2 Brazil 1... With Brazil scoring in last few minutes thru and Ronaldinho wishing he had a striker who can actually run ala Eto'o

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
if we beat Brazil, a national holiday shall be born the next day.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
- L1n - said:
Sounds like u don't do this either? last time i checked u do the same shit.

Robbie i agree with u on that pt.
Find me an example where I've angrily responded to someone tipping against the roos/queensland/broncos.

otay

HSC
withoutaface said:
Find me an example where I've angrily responded to someone tipping against the roos/queensland/broncos.
GO THE BLUES!!!!!!!! I gotta say but I kinda get worked up when people go for anyone other than Australia. I mean I've got no problem if they aren't playing Australia (ie Greece in Euro or Croatia vs Brazil or what not) and are close to the heritage of their home nation or if they themselves aren't Australian. But I feel kinda hurt when you ahve people born here yet don't support a national team. Either than or they dont consider themselves australian and for me that causes much of the racial hatred.

Thats why this world cup has been so great. Every1 celebrating was Australian. Those of Indian, African, South AMerica (some), asian were all australian and it was fucking great

Last edited:

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
^ I fink those people dont go for other aussie sports teams cause they are always winning, and it is the "Aussie Spirit" to go for the underdog. And now, for once, we are the underdogs. But saying that we'll prolly end up winning the cup and RULE ALL SPORT!!! MWHAHAHAHA...

otay

HSC
Oh yeah I should add like when we play West Indies (these days) in cricket or whatever and wanna see them be competitive, then yeah go for it. Altho i still wouldnt expect them to get all dressed up and start paintin faces and that. Doesnt mean i sometime cant go for the underdog. But with this world cup ive already found Australians goin for the teams their parents or great grandparents and forgettin about us

Pace_T

HSC
acmilan said:
Croatia didnt knock italy out, korea did. They just beat them
o watever. 4 years ago was a long time :p

otay

HSC
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
I'm not gonna be able to breathe while I watch Brazil against the Aussies...and I won't be able to move a muscle either.....lol I bet ya anything that every single person in Australia will be watching that match...

I'm so freakin proud that we won against Japan...
i suggest you breathe otherwise you'll have trouble watching the match, altho it may explain how you could possibly not move. Good to see some excitment at least and not ppl already thinking we're gonna lose.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
wow brazil only won by 1 point against croatia...i wonder if their saving their energy for australia...their obviously arent...but its nice to dream...i realy wanna watch the aus/braz match...but its at 2am...and i have an exam the next day...i wonder if i can convince my mum to let me *thinks*

but we did GREAT on monday morning...woot

i luv this pic taken at the end of the match

dawma88

Dance jew dance!!!
HSC
N/A
i reckon the czech republic will win it, they have a very strong team.

they'll top their group and most likely (85%) vs croatia in the round of 16 and then the rest will be history

otay

HSC
Ronaldo will keep his place according to Brazilian coach. Thoughts? I know he can be very bloody dangerous but the form he's in I'd rather he than Juninho or others take his spot against us.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=371068&cc=3436

Oh and tasha cmon, ur in uni yeah? u dont need ur mums approval to watch it do you? Australia v Brazil thats like HUGE. Bigger than Ben Hurr

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
dawma88 said:

they'll top their group and most likely (85%) vs croatia in the round of 16 and then the rest will be history
The Czechs are awesome but they lack depth, one nasty tackle to any of their key players and chances are they'll plummet. They may well have ended up winning Euro 2004, except Nedved got injured and the team fell apart. I'm sure they'll try as best to put away Ghana so that they can rest some personnel in the last match against Italy.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
dawma88 said:

pfftt.. Croatia wtf ????..... wat about Australia !!!

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Hey guys, noticed a lot of you have those fan bars but i couldnt find any australia ones so i decided to make my own. Feel free to use it if you want, or even better make one that looks better :p

Edit: need to realign the text

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)