The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (1 Viewer)

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
This is an action-packed game, the yellow card on robben was fairly harsh i thought.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
shit what a game from the Argies and Holland. Majority of these matches have definately been good end to end footy.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Red Card to Kezman?! That was a disappointing piece of refereeing (as have the other red cards in this tournament).

Well done to Argentina though. Some crisp passing, excellent movement and, most importantly, top-class finishing. Serbia should have been a bit more defensive and spirited but Ilija Petkovic's face and body language after only the second goal killed off any chances of this happening and any subsequent comeback.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Anyone else think the S&M GK was absolute rubbish? I know they were quality goals, but it seemed as if he was totally petrified the whole time. Barely ever got off his line either.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Most of the goals were taken from point blank range. Blame the defence before the goalie - he couldn't do shit about it.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I got my jersey today from Broadway Rebel and got a free socceroos scarf with it. I dunno if they're doing this at other stores too, but yeah double the free :D

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
Komit said:
Red Card to Kezman?! That was a disappointing piece of refereeing (as have the other red cards in this tournament).
For me, the red card was disappointing because I thought Kezman was the most committed of the S+M players. Too committed as it turns out.

On Argentina: 1. the GK's distribution was fantastic. 2. Diego's still such a boy at heart, that'd be one my lasting images for this WC.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
wtf happened during this match?

Stas,

, we have abandoned 2006 FOOTBALL WORLD CUP; World Cup - Group Matches - MEXICO v ANGOLA: Draw - No Bet. All single bets have been refunded and multi bets have been recalculated excluding that leg. The following ticket numbers have been affected: 41004157.

Kind regards,

Centrebet

Contact details

PO Box 1462
Alice Springs NT 0871
Australia

Tel + 61 8 8955 5800
Fax + 61 8 8955 5750
Email: centrebet@centrebet.com

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
stazi said:
wtf happened during this match?

Stas,

, we have abandoned 2006 FOOTBALL WORLD CUP; World Cup - Group Matches - MEXICO v ANGOLA: Draw - No Bet. All single bets have been refunded and multi bets have been recalculated excluding that leg. The following ticket numbers have been affected: 41004157.

Kind regards,

Centrebet

Contact details

PO Box 1462
Alice Springs NT 0871
Australia

Tel + 61 8 8955 5800
Fax + 61 8 8955 5750
Email: centrebet@centrebet.com
Is that just for people who tipped a draw? I tipped a mexico win, didnt get anything back.

HSC
yep, gerrard's goal was good, missed the match but followed it up on youtube, lol.

and argentina are looking like a great chance for the quarters at least. good game for them last night as well.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Without Vidic and Dragutinovic in the centre of defence, it was always going to be tough.

They have really missed Vucinic up front as well. Milosevic has been terrible, he should have scored once last night and twice against the Dutch. And he should have let Kezman score against the Dutch too instead of getting in his way.

Add to that the media pressure under Petkovic and his son .. who he sent home ..

S&M were (and are) a team in disarray.

The 6-0 result merely reflects that Argentina are here to play in WC 2006, and the Serbs are struggling for depth in defence.

I am certain that with a full squad, and most importantly with the Famous Four at the back, Serbia & Montenegro would have taken points off at least Holland. I think they would have beaten Holland.

They'll be back in South Africa 2010, though.

Don't know about the Famous Four, but. Krstajic is 32, and Dragutinovic is 31. I doubt we'll still see them around come next WC. Nevertheless, Vidic is a star, and he could probably handle the defending on his own lol.

Will be good to watch the Czech's tonight, they are awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)