The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (1 Viewer)

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
go germany!!!

was it just me, or did anyone else see, during the slow-motion replay, ronaldo looking pointedly at the ref while he fell? (well maybe not at the ref, but it certainly didn't look like a very natural fall :p don't kill me matt#1!!)

go france!!

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
Great game!

I wish they played Figo earlier.. I don't like simao for some reason.

kb1509

NO COMPROMISE
HSC
withoutaface said:
Not very natural? The German player didn't touch him at all :/
what an idiot..
man... c.ronaldo.. biggest diver known to man kind !

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Ronaldo dived just as much as the other big divers (Ballack, Henry, Drogba etc.), and he wasn't even effective with his dives.

It's the hate campaigns perpetuated by the English tabloids that made him so hated. They had to find a scapegoat rather than objectively assess the failure of the whole team and the media's contributory role. You feel that this time, Ronaldo was identified ahead of Rooney and Eriksson even though he had little to do with England going out.

I think it's ridiculous that Henry can still be the pin-up for fair play for the likes of Martin Tyler despite two matchwinning Oscar performances, while Ronaldo has become a symbol of all the diving seen in this world cup despite not deceiving the referee even once. The fact that he was booed by the crowd is quite disgusting.

Last edited:

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Umm Ronaldo is a lot worse of a perpetrator than anyone mentioned there, and although yes, Henry did make a meal of Carvalho's touch, he still made contact enough to concede a penalty. Ronaldo goes down every which way if there's a player within a metre of him.

YBK

HSC
bazookajoe said:
Umm Ronaldo is a lot worse of a perpetrator than anyone mentioned there, and although yes, Henry did make a meal of Carvalho's touch, he still made contact enough to concede a penalty. Ronaldo goes down every which way if there's a player within a metre of him.
not really... if that was the case, he wouldnt be going past players now would he?

garbagedump

HSC
N/A
@ the appropriately named garbagedump... the Australians were definitely heroic throughout the world cup, earning the respect and exceeding the expectations of many people along the way. They were also not "sooks" after losing to Italy. Yes, a few of the players were a little bit emotional...but that was to be expected. The penalty decision was harsh...and the players were coming to terms with what might have been.
@matt#1 number one in many things you would associate trolls with. anyways
actually look at some of the quotes cahill gave to the media, things like, all this and we cant get into the last 8 blah blah,
What can I say. The referees have been gunning to get us out of the tournament since the goal against Japan.

sensless remarks...pffftt...stupid cahill though i feel sorry for the rest of the team

stazi

Nightman
HSC
GO FRANCE!!!!!!!!! I don't think there's a person around the world who can dislike the french team. They're just so charismatic and inspirational. They play relatively fair and when they play well, the game just flows so amazingly beautifully. They also play as a team, unlike many other national outfits which act like they are individuals on a field.
I've got to be up for work at 8.30, but no way am I missing this match. Hope Italy gets hammered. Hammered like brogan's bumbum will be by my penis when I see him next :shy:

Last edited:

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Fantastic simile. Yes I will be up at 3, supporting les blues all the way

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Italy all the way!

although I have this feeling that France will scrape a lucky win.

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
Allez la France!! (ppls who know french, does that make sense)

Zidane deserves a fitting send off for his fantastic career.

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
politik said:
I do think the whole 'poor us' syndrome the 'Roos (and to be honest it wasn't them either, more like the media) gave was a little tiring. We managed to find a fault in every game we played in the world cup (the schwarzer incident against Japan, the favourable decisions towards Brazil, the unreceived penalties against Croatia, the penalty against Italy - which is the only decision i'll agree I don't agree with). The Italy game was an exception, but the other three games weren't exactly the best show of our ability to take poor refereeing decisions.

But then again, this was the dialogue between my mother and I after the Argentina v Germany fixture:
[mother comes home all sad]
Me: What's wrong?

Mother: We were robbed.

[I snigger and say]

Me: Haha sure you were. Elaborate how so?

Mother: We went to penalties! We were robbed!

Me: Uh, the point of 90 minutes is to score more goals in the opposition. If you couldn't gain a numerical advantage in 120 minutes of football, then you deserve to go to penalties right? And whose fault was it that Germany scored to level the game?

Mother: Yeah but they scored it in the second half with a few minutes to go (she was insinuating that because of this, their goal was less worthy of a value of one).

Me: And what, can't they score a goal in the second half? Is it illegal to score in the second half? You're just an ignorant moron who cries foul at every little thing that happens.

Mother: Oh yeah, and did I not mention that the referee was biased towards Germany?

Me: Mum, Argentina received more free-kicks than Germany did.

Mother: I dont care, he was still biased. And you were all pissed off when Italy was gifted that penalty against Australia.

Me: Mum, you're an idiot. Australia was robbed. And the effect of that refeering decision was no where near matched in Argentina game. Did Germany somehow receive a penalty in the last seconds to win the shootout you idiot?

Mother: You just hate Argentina.

Me: You're just an ignorant fuck.
did ur mum slap u down after all that?

YBK

HSC
stazi said:
GO FRANCE!!!!!!!!! I don't think there's a person around the world who can dislike the french team. They're just so charismatic and inspirational. They play relatively fair and when they play well, the game just flows so amazingly beautifully. They also play as a team, unlike many other national outfits which act like they are individuals on a field.
I've got to be up for work at 8.30, but no way am I missing this match. Hope Italy gets hammered. Hammered like brogan's bumbum will be by my penis when I see him next :shy:
... I hate France

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
YBK said:
... I hate France
Yeah, lets just hope theres no repeat of what the french supporters did on Norton St when they won the Euro2000 final. Well, hope for their sake at least

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
acmilan said:
Yeah, lets just hope theres no repeat of what the french supporters did on Norton St when they won the Euro2000 final. Well, hope for their sake at least
expand, please

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
sweet_as said:
expand, please
They just went and caused trouble, stirring up the people there. Suffice to say they got sufficiently owned. Nothing worse than stirring up an Italian fan straight after Italy loses a final.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)