The Official 2006 FIFA World Cup thread. (1 Viewer)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Yeah, going by history, like what Bunny said, racist comments seem to plague the French team. I only just realised the other day that Zidane is a Berber.

Man, I'm still so put out :(

johnvando

HSC
Racial comments made

According to reports surfacing -coming from fans - regarding the Zidane issue, it has been rumoured that the Italian defender remarked to him to "fuck off back to your Algerian slum". This being due to Zidane being of 100% Algerian which is an Arabic Muslim country. This really questions my support for the Italian Squad

Anyhow congrats to Italy

iwannarock

HSC
i personally think it was the greatest thing zidane has ever done.

he was just doing what the whole world was thinking....

i mean after this world cup......who hasn't wanted to just head butt some dirty italian.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
iwannarock said:
i personally think it was the greatest thing zidane has ever done.

he was just doing what the whole world was thinking....

i mean after this world cup......who hasn't wanted to just head butt some dirty italian.
It's ironic for you to say that, given what has probably provoked Zidane.

iwannarock

HSC
there are two people that know what was said.

zidane, and matterazi (sp?)

everything else is just speculation.

and matterazi is one of the dirtiest player's in football.

he's italian. thus he's a dirty italian. simple.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
1st post here in this thread.

Congratulazioni in Italia!! It was a tight game.

johnvando said:
According to reports surfacing -coming from fans - regarding the Zidane issue, it has been rumoured that the Italian defender remarked to him to "fuck off back to your Algerian slum". This being due to Zidane being of 100% Algerian which is an Arabic Muslim country. This really questions my support for the Italian Squad

Anyhow congrats to Italy
That was mean.
Im still gasping as to how strong his head was- knocking a guy weighing at least 80 kg with his head. What a dissapointing last game for Zidane.

One last thing now that it's over:
Socceroos, we're proud of you. You've done us well. 4 more years....(hopefully)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lolz. we shouldve won the world cup coz italy cheated to win it. thus were better than italy. thus were better than france. lawl.

furthermore, sparcod, wtf is with your sig

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
sweet_as said:
Hopefully Zidane does not get remembered by that incident. I am sincerly hoping that the Italian did not say anything racist to Zidane, because if so, he deserves alot more than a headbutt to the body.
Why would you say something racist to one of three (?) whites in a team full of blacks?

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
15 years of Brilliance by Zidane, soured by 15 seconds of madness. Is there anything Zidane cant do on the football field? :D Still, he's the finest player of his generation.

jesus.is.lord

HSC
What a disappointing final...if FIFA are going to make any changes to the game, it should be to allow extra time to continue til one team scores a golden point because after everything France did throughout the game it was unbearable to see them lose to a ludicrous penalty shoot out...

As for the Zidane incident, Materazzi should have also been sent off, for what makes a racist comment (if it indeed was) more acceptable than a headbutt?

Italy didn't deserve to win. Period

Fast_heinz

HSC
Why do people automatically assume that Materazzi made a racist comment?

On another note, am I the only one who found SBS 'expert panel' incredibly irritating...it should have been Fozzie, Tony Palumbo and Les throughout. And no more Simon Hill commentary, Martin Tyler is the voice of football.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
jesus.is.lord said:
What a disappointing final...if FIFA are going to make any changes to the game, it should be to allow extra time to continue til one team scores a golden point because after everything France did throughout the game it was unbearable to see them lose to a ludicrous penalty shoot out...
Watch the rugby World Cup instead.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
what happened to ned zelic? :p at least he made good calls

i thought nick theodokoplous (sp??) was terrible

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
I think it's a bit harsh to say that Italy didn't deserve to win.

The French team was bit overly aggessive by the end of the match, throwing arms around etc.

I think the penalty shoot out is a fine way of deciding a match tied after 120 minutes.
It's a test using the most basic idea of Football; kicking the ball into the goal.

Also, least aussies can say we were ripped off by the team that became champions...

Fast_heinz

HSC
I felt sorry for Trezeguet, world class striker, gets virtually no game time all tournament (Saha gets on before him?!) - then he's thrown in at the deep end and misses a penalty. Damn.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Italian Hotshot said:
What did they do to Camoranesi? They cut his hair on the field and danced around him? :confused:
I thought you would've posted somethin along the likes of "forza Italia" or somethin. :p

I missed the unimportant bits, perhaps it was a thing they arranged beforehand...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)