The Official 2007 AFL Thread (1 Viewer)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
meh at least they didnt get thrashed by 20 goals.
another slow start cost them dearly....always leaving their comebacks a little late and time always beat them
it would need a miracle for swans to win the premiership

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
adders said:
Wat another great win for the cats, so sweet this time as it was against the swans, made myself a cool $150. Swans will definetly not make top4 and hopefully they'll miss out on the eight aswell

we are geelong the greatest team of all....

i smell a very very good year for the cats in 2007.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
hahaha just hope that the cats dont vs swans in the preliminary finals

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
swannies, goooooonnnnee.

if paul roos ever wanted to quit the joint, which he allegedly wanted to do in the beginning of the season, now is the time.

i believe the 72yr cycle begins again? any last words swanies diehards?

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
wuddie said:
i believe the 72yr cycle begins again? any last words swanies diehards?
The season aint over until it's over. Also, what team do you go for?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
they wont make top 4 but theyll certainly make the top 8
unless they win all of their remaining games.....

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
jemsta said:
they wont make top 4 but theyll certainly make the top 8
unless they win all of their remaining games.....
A boy can dream cant he?

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
another wild prediction... it will be a percentage battle between freo and swans.. although the swans are ahead at the moment, watch out for freo (as per last year) with a terrific run to the finals to go nuts and overtake the swans..
im still on pavlich to win the coleman

and while we are talking about percentages... look at the cats!! 153%!!
best attack and best defence in the league... surely 2007 is the year

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Gilbert1 said:
A boy can dream cant he?
as much as i want to come true, then yes its all going to end up being a dream
but thats not say that they wont be in the grand final, even if they finish outside the top 4, because you just can never know with the swans

SyCoTiC

HSC
Sydney did take the hard road in 2005 and they still managed to win it. As long as we make it to the Top 8 we will have as much a chance to make to the last Saturday in September as any other team going around. The premiership's won in the final 4 weeks of football, not the first 22.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
SyCoTiC said:
Sydney did take the hard road in 2005 and they still managed to win it. As long as we make it to the Top 8 we will have as much a chance to make to the last Saturday in September as any other team going around. The premiership's won in the final 4 weeks of football, not the first 22.
I agree with what you are saying but going with the odds, only one team has won the premiership after finishing outside the top for (Adelaide in about 94) ad only one other team has made the GF after finishing otside the top four. The odds are heavly stacked against us

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
adders said:
Mate i watch most swans games and i agree with u that they dont use it much anymore but it is a scourge of the game developed by them and to scycotic who says that someone else would have used it, true but the swans were the first.

Look at swans games from an impartial position and u will see that they play boring football, it may almost always be a tight contest but there is little excitement in the way they play. Look at Carlton, its a pleasure to watch them play. As jorge valdano famously said in relation to swans fans 'if u hang a piece of shit from a rope, they'll tell u that its art but its not, its just a piece of shit (said in relation to liverpool but definetly applies in this situation). All i'm saying is that they play boring football, and being devoted swans fans u cant clearly see how boring it really easy
Amen brother.

And FWIW, when they stop winning games, watch the swans supporters jump straight off the bandwagon like lemmings just as quick as they got on it.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Swans def. Freo 89-61.

The only shocking statistic was that they kicked 23 behinds. Their accuracy can be inconsistent sometimes.

Gratz to Mickey O' for his milestone!

adders

HSC
Wow who would have predicted that the lions would beat the eagles at subi. Very suprising and awesome to see the hawks get obliterated by the crows. Those losses leaves the cats 2 games clear at the top of the ladder.

Go the Cats
Premiers 07

HSC
adders said:
Very suprising and awesome to see the hawks get obliterated by the crows.
awesome....yes.....surprising.....no. adelaide had burton and goodwin back, plus it was at aami and we all know how dominant the crows are there...and considering the conditions and craig's style it was quite predictable. carn the crows.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
good game, but fking freezing at members' stand. i had no less than 4 layers on and it was still cold.

how the players put up with the singlet and shorts is beyond me.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
well most importantly is that sydney got away with a win, even though their kicking accuracy was atrocious

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Sydney vs West Coast soon :D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)