The Official 2007 AFL Thread (1 Viewer)

Chris.

HSC
Kujah said:
I would have loved a Magpies v Geelong final, but I'm thinking that it's going to be Geelong v Port Adelaide this time. Probabaly be the first real BIG genuine chance that a Victorian team will win the flag in 7 years.

Gotta love the midfield of Geelong - Ablett and Bartel are excellent. Geelong's pretty good at making space and their style's pretty exciting. To my knowledge, they only have one 30+ player in their team right?

Shame Sydney couldn't make it. I was pretty disappointed with our backline's game, but we'll rebuild. Did anyone think Bevan had the shackles throughout the entire game?
yes bevan sucked.

HSC
Im backing port in especially if the Cornes and Burgouyne Brothers has massive game which they usually do. Motlop has had a super year, watch out for him, plus young Westhoff who is a superstar in the making.

adders

HSC
Wooooooooooooooooo

Cats 1 Win Away From The Flag

Grand Final Here We Come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
JIMMY BARTEL YOU STAR!!!

haven't been on here in the last few weeks to cheer the cats, but we all know they are going to win on saturday and those who predicted we didn't have the "experience" to make it into the gf... well, we showed you.

and also to those who said we didn't have the players to make it to the top 8, does brownlow medal and rising star mean anything to you, add a record 9 all australian players and i do believe you have a rather handy football team.

i love the excuses made by all the swans fans in the last few pages... oh how i do love seeing them fail.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Mojoman said:
and also to those who said we didn't have the players to make it to the top 8, does brownlow medal and rising star mean anything to you, add a record 9 all australian players and i do believe you have a rather handy football team.
You also need to look at those players history. They have all lifted dramatically this season. Last year they were just a bunch of average players who would be lucky to make i on half the teams on the AFL and now the improvement that they have all made has made them into real class players. Honestly, this time last year they were all a bunch if chumps.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
they came 10th last year...noone wouldve predicted them to be grand finalists and minor premiers.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Mojoman said:
adders and i did...
No you didn't. If you were Melbourne fas you wouldhave gone on about how Melbourne were going to win the premiership and crap.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
congrats to the cats in the lopsided contest.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Shit game. Geelong deserved to win, they have been the best team all season, but i was he worse game I have watched all season because Port were an absolute joke. Still Geelong played very well.

I hope next year will be better to watch (see what happens when Sydney doesnt make te GF :p)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Demolition. Shame that we didnt have the tense last 5 minute moments that we had with the Swans-WC game in the last two years.

Watching Davis kicking that winning goal against Geelong in '05 helps make me smile, but yeah, gratz on Geelong, they won fair and square and have thoroughly deserved it.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah port played terrible....every 2 seconds when they have the ball they get mowned down by the cats players.
hell even the swans didnt get thrashed by 119 points when we versed them.

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
After the siren went it almost looked like some Port players were about to cry. What humiliation!
Awesome win for Geelong - some amazing passes and goals in that game - but it ended up so one-sided, people on the couch with me started falling asleep.

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
Gilbert1 said:
No you didn't. If you were Melbourne fas you wouldhave gone on about how Melbourne were going to win the premiership and crap.
but i'm not, i'm a cats fan and i was right :D

it was a good game for a cats fan, but as a footy fan it was a bit ordinary. can't believe how well the boys played, scarlett was amazing bringing it out of the backline; stevie j had a blinder (hence the norm smith medal) and i reckon chappy played one of his best games all season.
how bout little stokes, fucks his knee and comes back to play 10 mins later.

all in all a very good season for the catters: rising star, 9 all australians, brownlow, VFL, norm smith and most importantly... THE PREMIERSHIP!!!! (if only big cam had have kicked more goals and added the coleman to the tally... that'd be awesome)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
lets just hope theyre not one hit wonders ay, for your sake.

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
with the squad and upcoming talent (vfl champions) we have, we could have a dynasty on our hands!!!

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
Mojoman said:
with the squad and upcoming talent (vfl champions) we have, we could have a dynasty on our hands!!!
That is what was said about Brisbane just after there third Premership. I would have also said the same about the swannies at the end of last year but I'm not sure. West Coast still look like they can last a while but what will happen once a couple of players leave?

Also StKilda should have had a dynasty on there hands. They sould have been the best side for the past 5yrs.

Cats look good but don't talk about dynastys

HSC
holy shit, cats won by 119? i saw they were winning by 50 at half time, but thats ridiculous really.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
man did richmond even get beaten by that margin?
anyways, isnt judd leaving west coast? forget about premiership then if he does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)