The Official "American Dreams/Our Generation" Thread. (1 Viewer)

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
BUMP!!!

Sunday's Episode on Channel 7 Is A DOUBLE EPISODE that starts at 1pm

Of Course, theres the usual, 3rd Episode airing on 'W' at 7:30pm.

C'mon folks! Stop forgetting to watch!

:D

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
yes everybody, lets watch it! it will help you forget about how terribley mundane your life is let you aspire for something better, like a world where people of all ethnicities excluding muslims can live in peace and happines and have exfoliated skin and white teeth and shiny hair. it's a great place where teenage girls can parade around in the most provocative clothes in imaginable yet still teach us about morals and values, and where the dirt of society (drug users and terrorists) are shown the error of their ways and taught to strive for the American Dream. i mean look, even BLACK people can succeed if they act white enough!

hooray for american popular culture, beating you off to the point of catharsis before making you feel guilty for the pleasure

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
damn.. i was at work, only caught the end of the ep.. were they at a funeral/memorial service or something?

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
um.. said:
yes everybody, lets watch it! it will help you forget about how terribley mundane your life is let you aspire for something better, like a world where people of all ethnicities excluding muslims can live in peace and happines and have exfoliated skin and white teeth and shiny hair. it's a great place where teenage girls can parade around in the most provocative clothes in imaginable yet still teach us about morals and values, and where the dirt of society (drug users and terrorists) are shown the error of their ways and taught to strive for the American Dream. i mean look, even BLACK people can succeed if they act white enough!

hooray for american popular culture, beating you off to the point of catharsis before making you feel guilty for the pleasure
You obviously havent seen the show, because if anything, there isnt peace. Its people struggling to keep the peace in their lives amongst the sordid ruins of the conservative culture. ANd it makes a statment about Black attitudes back then, not support it.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
um.. said:

OCRock!
that show makes me want to kill myself

nokie=)

HSC
hmm. i thought that Our Generation was some doco on ABC? I think i'll get into American Dreams if i have time. It seems like something to do to pass the time.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)