The Official Big Day Out 2006 Thread (stickied?) (1 Viewer)

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
iwannarock said:
from the list on the 1st post.

mars volta, kings of leon, the living end are the only ones i'd like to see. so for me its not worth it.

if only the rumour that AC/DC were playing came true..........i'd be there in a second.

and melimoo believe it or not our tastes must not bee too different since i like 3 of the artists out of ya sig :)
oh well
ok then :)
lol
way for me to jump to conclusions
damn

nicksta_40

HSC
Purp|e said:
ewww, mudvayne ... wtf.
believe it or not, but there 1 of the biggest bands from the BDO lineup, im not a fan of some of their songs, but i enjoy the others a lot, just hope they dont dress up in their demon gear, not a fan of makeup and shit (i.e slipknot)

HSC
nicksta_40 said:
believe it or not, but there 1 of the biggest bands from the BDO lineup, im not a fan of some of their songs, but i enjoy the others a lot, just hope they dont dress up in their demon gear, not a fan of makeup and shit (i.e slipknot)
As far as I can see they haven't really done that for years.

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
nicksta_40 said:
err one of the biggest bands?? ive never heard of them :confused: but then again, not really into the whole metal scene.

agreed on one of the best lineups..
cant wait to see

FRANZ
whitestripes
presets
grates
sleater kinney
m.i.a
kings of leon
soulwax
wolf and cub
Living end

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
Born Dancer said:
err one of the biggest bands?? ive never heard of them :confused: but then again, not really into the whole metal scene.

agreed on one of the best lineups..
cant wait to see

FRANZ
whitestripes
presets
grates
sleater kinney
m.i.a
kings of leon
soulwax
wolf and cub
Living end
I reckon its a pretty piss poor line up. Its heaps of foul rock styles so they can go those hard core blood drinkin nut types there. Then there is some boring as bat shit hip hop garbage there (don't get me wrong from memory they've got a few good hip-hop people going but edan - gimme a break, i aint paying 2 billion bucks to see the mediocre garbage they're dishing up)

I heard rumours that prodigy and daft punk were playing, but hey, who hasn't heard outlandish rumours.

From the list above, i reckon you've pretty much nailed the cream of it (though you left out Gerling, but i'll let it slide) esp presets, the grates. I think bit by bats are playing. Did i make that up? I thought i saw it somewhere. I dunno.

Hopefully white stripes don't play that irritating garbage off their new album. It sounds okay the first time but after that its painful, get back to the good old stuff Jack!

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Buggdogg said:
From the list above, i reckon you've pretty much nailed the cream of it (though you left out Gerling, but i'll let it slide) esp presets, the grates. I think bit by bats are playing. Did i make that up? I thought i saw it somewhere. I dunno.

Hopefully white stripes don't play that irritating garbage off their new album. It sounds okay the first time but after that its painful, get back to the good old stuff Jack!
oh i forgot gerling!! and bit by bats :)

yeh i know what you mean bout the whitestripes. ill be hanging out for stuff from white blood cells and elephant

icecreamdisco

HSC
lessthanthree said:
it's a shit lineup, but fuck, who cares, THE FUCKING STOOGES ARE PLAYING.
preach it bruvva.

THE FUCKING GRATES ARE PLAYING
THE FUCKING SUBWAYS ARE PLAYING
THE FUCKING STOOGES ARE PLAYING
THE FUCKING PRESETS ARE PLAYING

one of these sounds better than the others.

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
icecreamdisco said:
preach it bruvva.

THE FUCKING GRATES ARE PLAYING
THE FUCKING SUBWAYS ARE PLAYING
THE FUCKING STOOGES ARE PLAYING
THE FUCKING PRESETS ARE PLAYING

one of these sounds better than the others.
its the Grates or the Presets right?
Right!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
AFI has cancelled their previously announced spot on the Australia/New Zealand-based Big Day Out tour. The news comes as the band continues to work on their upcoming full length follow up to Sing the Sorrow.

Jade explained:

No, we're not doing Big Day Out. We thought we were going to be finished with the album by then but we ended up doing a new song and so we couldn't make it. We will be going to Australia on our next headlining tour though.

The group recently contributed an unreleased track, titled "Rabbits Are Roadkill On Route 37," to the inaugural release from MySpace Records. The track appears on a compilation, titled Myspace Records, Volume 1 along with tracks from Weezer, Against Me! and Hollywood Undead.

The Big Day Out tour involves a six date jaunt through Australia and New Zealand and the 2006 edition will include Iggy and the Stooges, Franz Ferdinand, Kings of Leon, The Mars Volta, Sleater-Kinney, the Living End, Youth Group.

G

Gavvvvvin

I was pissed when i read that yesterday.

like it takes two months to record a fucking song.

maxibon88

HSC
they cancelled because of one song, Kings of leon are also pulling out.

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
What?!?! Kings of Leon are pulling out as well. Personally i am glad that AFI have pulled out, they are whiny, emo bitches. Hopefully a decent headliner will be their replacement, but i it will probably be My Chemical Romance (which i actually like). I am seriously considering selling my ticket. Ebay here i come...

charred remains

HSC
Not worth buying tickets... sucks this year. Oh well, hopefully they can develop some taste and pick better bands. The Mars Volta is their only saving grace, although not quite worth $120.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)